Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why are these former Bulls players not the same anymore?

These guys were "the future" of Bulls basketball, much like Rose, Noah, and Gibson are today, and played "great" in their time with Chicago:

Kirk Hinrich
    Andres Nocioni
    Ben Gordon
    Tyrus Thomas
    Thabo Sefolosha
    John Salmons

How come these former Bulls players are not the same anymore?

Also, does anyone notice that Korver became a more physical defender this season? This guy couldn't defend molasses and now he's hacking away at guys with no repercussions or fear of being whistled for a foul. Same goes for a lot of their players like Noah and Taj Gibson.

Hell, look at Keith Bogans. Guy was a career scrub and now he's one of their better "defenders."

I bet when Luol Deng gets shipped to another team, he will also disappear from the face of the NBA earth like these guys did.

Is there a correlation with players playing "great" in their time with Chicago then being exposed as lacking talent and not being able to defend when they're not playing for Chicago anymore?

Why don't other teams that sport similar talent, if not better, get to benefit from the same style of play that Chicago has used to advance themselves back to relevancy twice in the past decade?

I'd argue that the Hawks sport similar talent, if not more, than the Chicago Bulls.

How come they can't play that same brand of physical defense? They can definitely score more points than Bulls can, so it has to be their defense.

In fact, look back and check to see that no team in the NBA is allowed to play the same brand of physical defense than Chicago. Other teams will be in foul trouble all day, and thus, are forced to concede baskets at the rim when they get beat off the dribble.

Also, I think it's weird that the Bulls' former players began to regress around the time that Chicago missed the playoffs and somehow beat 14 other teams for the rights to draft Derrick Rose. Considering the types of calls and non-calls they got the year before, it's actually quite odd that they couldn't sneak into the playoffs, even if by luck like they are so accustomed to. But thus, luck was really on their side, as they somehow beat 14 other teams that needed Rose more than Chicago.
    Last edited by Wade>You; 05-13-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Cause everyone was always average or trash except for Hinrich. It's not like they were a 60 win team together.

Oh dear

I've actually grown dumber after reading the OP. kudos.

They're system players whose skills complimented and fit with the talent of the rest of the team. They were shipped off to teams with lesser GMs.

The Grand Chessboard

I wasn't aware Tyrus Thomas and Thabo Sefolosha played "great" when they were in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade>You View Post
    These guys were "the future" of Bulls basketball, much like Rose, Noah, and Gibson are today, and played "great" in their time with Chicago:

Kirk Hinrich
    Andres Nocioni
    Ben Gordon
    Tyrus Thomas
    Thabo Sefolosha
    John Salmons

How come these former Bulls players are not the same anymore?

Also, does anyone notice that Korver became a more physical defender this season? This guy couldn't defend molasses and now he's hacking away at guys with no repercussions or fear of being whistled for a foul. Same goes for a lot of their players like Noah and Taj Gibson.

Hell, look at Keith Bogans. Guy was a career scrub and now he's one of their better "defenders."

I bet when Luol Deng gets shipped to another team, he will also disappear from the face of the NBA earth like these guys did.

Is there a correlation with players playing "great" in their time with Chicago then being exposed as lacking talent and not being able to defend when they're not playing for Chicago anymore?

Why don't other teams that sport similar talent, if not better, get to benefit from the same style of play that Chicago has used to advance themselves back to relevancy twice in the past decade?

I'd argue that the Hawks sport similar talent, if not more, than the Chicago Bulls.

How come they can't play that same brand of physical defense? They can definitely score more points than Bulls can, so it has to be their defense.

In fact, look back and check to see that no team in the NBA is allowed to play the same brand of physical defense than Chicago. Other teams will be in foul trouble all day, and thus, are forced to concede baskets at the rim when they get beat off the dribble.

Also, I think it's weird that the Bulls' former players began to regress around the time that Chicago missed the playoffs and somehow beat 14 other teams for the rights to draft Derrick Rose. Considering the types of calls and non-calls they got the year before, it's actually quite odd that they couldn't sneak into the playoffs, even if by luck like they are so accustomed to. But thus, luck was really on their side, as they somehow beat 14 other teams that needed Rose more than Chicago.
    Alright let me breathe for a bit... alright lets do this

Kirk: Kirk was a good guy who fans loved (And based on some bulls fans I know still do), but most never thought he would be a star, and he is still a good starter.

Noc: Noc never averaged more than 14 points while with the bulls, never shot better than 47%, was a good rebounder at times, but was a hustle guy, and once the personal problems started, they came in a flurry and derailed him.

BG: BG is locked into the Pistons cluster ****, and his game does not mesh with pretty much any of his teammates. Even so his shooting was pretty much in line where it has always been, and had a better than carrer average FG%. Now he still is incredibly overpaid and his D is sitll lolable, but then again he was a matador with the bulls too.

TT: Um..... I am pretty sure the "future" is not widely considered a bust by most people after 3 years and gets traded for pretty much nothing. I'm still confused to the whole "He was our FUTURE" thing when his "Breakout" (I'm using the term loosely) year as 11/6/1 with a steal and two blocks. I mean thats decent and all, until you remember that he only shot 3.8 FTA's a game and a lawl defensive approach

Thabo: Thabs didnt even play 3 full seasons or start 100 games for the bulls. He was a good defender (He always has been), but his offensive game was anemic.

Before the next one, do you really understand what future of a team means?

Anyway next is, wait your ****ing with me right?

John Salmons: HE DIDNT EVEN PLAY 50 GAMES FOR THE BULLS. That is not the future. That is less than Darko played this year. He was a good enough scorer for the Bulls, but his efficiencies shooting were near in line with the rest of that season, when he was with the Kings, and his assists went way down with them as well. God, even DenButsu might curse at that fail of thinking he was the future.

Where are they now? Oh I dunno Kirk was a starter for the Hawks who made it to the second round before he got Hurt, Thabo is kinda a key guard for this team called the Thunder, Tyrus Thomas managed to piss Larry Brown and is playing the same as he always has. Noc is washed up, but that neeeeeeeeeever happens in the NBA does it? BG and Salmons got paid and had down years since then.

Also, do you notice that pretty much every defensive metric says Korver is playing the same brand of D? And that Noah and Taj have always been praised for their grit on D? Also I bet that Predicting Deng's future without any context is worse than the ****ing Rubio threads.

Oh and that "ZOMG KEITH BOGANS LOL WHOSE HE" Has Started 308 games.

Hmm.... The correlation being that of the players you posted, BG never played D, Noc was a rubbage man, Salmons and TT were never praised for their D, and Kirk and Thabo are still good defenders right?

The Bulls played the following styles the past 20 years
    1. Jordan
    2. Pippen Sans Jordan
    3. Jordan's Back
    4. **** MJ's gone lets rebuild around Tyson ****ing Chandler and Eddie Curry
    5. Lets sweep the heat due to Deng and BG playing outside of their minds
    6. **** that didnt work
    7. ROSE
    Yeah, I understand why most teams don't play that way

Oh and I would argue that the Hawks were the worst team left in the 2nd round.
    I wonder, its not like their only legit Banger was Horford.

Maybe no one plays the same kind of D as chicago because no team plays with a similar pace, uses the same offense, has Taj-Noah-Deng-Rose+Warm Bodies to throw at people.

You do realize that before the Last 3 months of the College season+pre draft, most people had rose at around the number 5 pick right? Is this part of a conspiracy? If it is **** this I'm out
    Leave me alone

That's why the Bull's were bad for so many years... Because these guys were the "future"

Kirk Hinrich
    Andres Nocioni
    Ben Gordon
    Tyrus Thomas
    Thabo Sefolosha
    John Salmons

Kyle Korver has always been a WILLING defensive player, he unathletic is what prevents him, frin bein a stopper.

Haha. Iodine killed it.

Really weird OP here...probably just a really poor tempt to bait.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Am I supposed to comment on the decline of players? Or the implied conspiracy theory of Chi-town being given Rose? Were you upset the Heat didnt get him? Or am I supposed to comment about Bogans and Krover being good defenders? Or Atlanta's underachieving? Or the miss conception that Deng would suck on another team? I'm sorry, I'm just trying to follow the stream-of-consciousness here. Very Faulkner/Woolf-esque.

And is it weird or what that when Miami won a title, the got WAY more foul calls than Detroit in the conference finals and the Mavs in the NBA finals? And did Bosh and LBJ know they were going to Miami while they were still playing on other teams? Hmm.....

12. 05-13-2011, 06:58 PM
    Reason
    perhaps, but please don't post about it...that's called flaming

I also feel like my intelligence has decreased after reading this post. Stupid beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Haha. Iodine killed it.

Really weird OP here...probably just a really poor tempt to bait.
    A little clarification here:

A mod acknowledges a thread is created as a poor attempt to bait. Its allowed.

Calling the person out for baiting: Unacceptable.

That about right?
    #BenchMob

The fact that OP has the audacity to compare Rose, Noah, and Deng to Hinrich, Nocioni, and Thomas is laughable at best. Do everyone a favor and lock this up.

Pretty sure Thabo, TT, and Salmons got BETTER after leaving Chicago. Kirk did okay, BG went to Detroit (where careers go to die) and Noc got beat up by father time. That's basically it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast