Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, The Irony!

Oh, The Irony!

Is Greg Popovich going to again call for a committee to review the Pau Gasol trade, now that his team has been taken down by the products of that trade?

Marc Gasol
    Greivis Vasquez (2010 1st-round pick)
    Darrell Arthur (acquired via trade for Donte Greene [2008 1st-round pick])
    Zach Randolph (signed with the cap space created by that deal)

Folks out there who have whined that the Lakers "stole" Pau Gasol can feel free to go right ahead and STFU now.

The Lakers stole Pau

yup it was a fair trade not at the time though so.....
    \_(ツ)_/

If you take the Championships out of it, it is almost even. If you include the championships we got ripped off bad. I dont include the championships

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Is Greg Popovich going to again call for a committee to review the Pau Gasol trade, now that his team has been taken down by the products of that trade?

Marc Gasol
    Greivis Vasquez (2010 1st-round pick)
    Darrell Arthur (acquired via trade for Donte Greene [2008 1st-round pick])
    Zach Randolph (signed with the cap space created by that deal)

Folks out there who have whined that the Lakers "stole" Pau Gasol can feel free to go right ahead and STFU now.
    i opened a thead on this after game 5.
    they wont still recognise it they will say lakers won two titles and imply that memphis lucked out on Marc ( you know scouts have no improtance they dont knwo jack )
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by 210Don View Post
    yup it was a fair trade not at the time though so.....
    Um, yes at the time it was, because at the time, the Grizzlies were only concerned with the future, which is now. So, at the time, they got exactly what they wanted, and I think it's fair to say it's worked out the way they wanted it to.

Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    If you take the Championships out of it, it is almost even. If you include the championships we got ripped off bad. I dont include the championships
    except the goal for memphis on the trade was not titles

was rebuilding quicky and well.

lakers made the trade for the titles.

lakers got the titles

memphis got the quick rebuild

so that makes it a 100% fair trade.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    It would be silly to factor in championships, because different teams have different goals, realistically speaking. The Grizz had never won so much as a playoff GAME, if I am correct. They've gone and won a whole SERIES, impressively, against the top team in the conference. You have to crawl before you can walk. The Grizz were not judging their side of the trade with championships.

When we look back at what memphis recieved, they got some very good value. At the time, it was a terrible trade, because we didnt know who would be drafted and what their impact would be. We also didnt know that the clippers would just trade randolph for cap space. As of this moment, it was a fair trade.

[/Center]

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    It would be silly to factor in championships, because different teams have different goals, realistically speaking. The Grizz had never won so much as a playoff GAME, if I am correct. They've gone and won a whole SERIES, impressively, against the top team in the conference. You have to crawl before you can walk. The Grizz were not judging their side of the trade with championships.
    yeah i dont factor chips, but many poster jump to the conclusion that the lakers were the winner because memphis "gave" them 2 championships.

It's a fair trade.

Memphis did it for the future and LA for the chips. They both got what they wanted.

On paper it looks like a highjack. But when you take a closer look, it turns out to be pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    except the goal for memphis on the trade was not titles

was rebuilding quicky and well.

lakers made the trade for the titles.

lakers got the titles

memphis got the quick rebuild

so that makes it a 100% fair trade.
    Hit the nail right on the head. Both teams got exactly what they wanted. In fact I'd call this one of those rare trades that worked out great for BOTH teams.

"GEORGE: This you are not going to believe. Al Netchie, that pimple! Tells Daphne, now get this 'Not to get involved with me.'"

Swapping the Gasol's is a rebuild?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Hit the nail right on the head. Both teams got exactly what they wanted. In fact I'd call this one of those rare trades that worked out great for BOTH teams.
    x2

They are a perfect example of what you should do when you trade away an all star player....get picks, cap space, and/or young players...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast