Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,794

    t-wolves draft in 2009 - Did they do bad?

    They had 4 first rounders that year

    they drafted


    johnny flynn - looks like a bust
    ricky rubio - whom has yet to play
    ty lawson - who actually looks good
    Wayne Ellington - don't know much about this guy

    so they basically traded the wrong PG ....... they should have traded away flynn

    imagine they redid the drafted and got jennings and curry instead?

    if you're going to draft 3 pg you better draft the best ones!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by phoenix_bladen; 04-24-2011 at 12:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,850
    The Wolves didn't draft Lawson.
    Flynn, although looking like a bust, didn't get much playing time this year from a hip injury.
    Ellington was great value at #28.
    Rubio was the #2-3 talent in the draft and the Wolves got him at #6. That's a great pick.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,191
    They did draft Lawson, but traded him for a future pick.

    That future pick turned into Luke Babbitt

    They did trade Babbitt for Martell Webster though. So basically, Lawson turned into Webster for them.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,010
    they could have had curry/derozan combo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    32,077
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    The Wolves didn't draft Lawson.
    Flynn, although looking like a bust, didn't get much playing time this year from a hip injury.
    Ellington was great value at #28.
    Rubio was the #2-3 talent in the draft and the Wolves got him at #6. That's a great pick.
    There's no way to know that now. Especially with how guys like Griffin, Reke, Curry look now. Jrue Holiday as well, he's sick. Hell, even Marcus Thornton, who went in the 2nd round that year, is proving he's one of the better players in that draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    32,077
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    They did draft Lawson, but traded him for a future pick.

    That future pick turned into Luke Babbitt

    They did trade Babbitt for Martell Webster though. So basically, Lawson turned into Webster for them.
    Fantastic value.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,298
    Yeah that was a bust of a draft for them. They had 4 picks, 2 in the top 10, you have to get at least one player who isn't expendable for them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    44,115
    the only thing they did wrong is take Flynn with the next pick.
    if they would have taken a dude for a different position Rubios agents would ahve put more effort to find a way to get the Jouventut Buy out Paid.
    But they read that pick as a disrespect/lack of trust in Rubio.
    ]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,041
    Of course they did bad, it's not even a discussion at this point. They could of really built themselves a young core in one year and left with next to nothing.


    Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    11,471
    For the last time, the Wolves did not draft Lawson then trade him. The trade to DEN was already agreed upon and DEN wanted him. Rumor was that if James Johnson would've fallen to the Wolves, that Flynn/Johnson would've been flipped to SAC for Evans. Since Johnson was gone, we traded the pick.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,191
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    For the last time, the Wolves did not draft Lawson then trade him. The trade to DEN was already agreed upon and DEN wanted him. Rumor was that if James Johnson would've fallen to the Wolves, that Flynn/Johnson would've been flipped to SAC for Evans. Since Johnson was gone, we traded the pick.
    Yes, but the did draft him, and then they did trade him. Sure, they never were going to keep him, but this is nit-picky. Obviously they wouldn't draft 3 PGs to keep all three of them.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18,517
    Curry and Derozan would had been good in Minny

    Then draft Demarcus Cousins

    curry
    Derozan
    Beasley
    Love
    Cousins



    Knicks Are Back

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Shumpertville
    Posts
    3,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimsim View Post
    Curry and Derozan would had been good in Minny

    Then draft Demarcus Cousins

    curry
    Derozan
    Beasley
    Love
    Cousins
    thats a fine lineup

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    University of Miami
    Posts
    3,942
    They screwed up, they should have taken Stephen Curry #6. They'd have Rubio and Curry. Imagine a core of Rubio, Curry, Love, Beasley, Wesley Johnson and Anthony Randolph. This isn't even that far off, IF THEY GET ONE PICK RIGHT THIS IS WHAT THEY HAVE!!!!! That's a really dangerous team once they hit their primes. Just flip Wesley Johnson or Randolph for a true center and they're set.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33,518
    Draft Rubio/Curry
    Draft Derozan
    Then draft DeMarcus Cousins or if you don't like his issues then draft Greg Monroe.

    Rubio/Curry
    Derozan
    [This years pick]
    Love
    Monroe/Cousins

    Playoff team in 2012-13

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •