Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Beatles

Anybody see that show on PBS with the music professor talking about the making of the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album? It was on because of the 50th anniversary of the album's release. It was interesting, but I'm surprised he didn't talk about the title track.

Are you all in on this?

The Beatles Announce ‘White Album’ Deluxe 50th Anniversary Edition

https://youtu.be/1dhy26KIOEI

As the 50th anniversary approaches of the release of the Beatles’ iconic self-titled ninth studio album, known as “The White Album,” the group announced on Monday that on Nov. 9 it will release “a suite of lavishly presented packages.” The album’s 30 tracks are newly mixed by producer Giles Martin, son of original album producer George Martin, and mix engineer Sam Okell in stereo and 5.1 surround audio, joined by 27 early acoustic demos and 50 session takes, most of which are previously unreleased. This represents the first time the album has been remixed and presented with additional demos and session recordings, although several were released on the group’s “Anthology” collections in the 1990s. These include the outtakes “Not Guilty” and “What’s the New Mary Jane?” as well as early versions of John Lennon’s “Child of Nature” (later released as “Jealous Guy”), Paul McCartney’s “Junk” and George Harrison’s “Sour Milk Sea.”
    https://variety.com/2018/music/news/...on-1202954236/

Will cop the digital files fosho. Add to my thousand plus track Beatles playlist.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

The Beatles were just another one hit wonder.

I'm sorry if I made that joke before. Sometimes I can't remember what I wrote anymore.

Love the Beatles.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112