0 0%
  • Rangers in 5

0 0%
  • Rangers in 6

11 28.95%
  • Rangers in 7

3 7.89%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I will not sit here and say the Rangers are going to win this because its not that easy. This is the first playoff series (for a while) where all 16 teams are a positive goal rating. Each conference very very close, and a season that was a war from game 1 to game 82. That is why im shocked you can make jokes that the Caps win in 3, or say they are going to win in 4. Heck to even say that the Rangers might pull a win out of nowhere is kind of insulting.

The Rangers beat the Caps many times this year, then you fight me that the style has changed to more defensive. Like it automatically means the Caps are going to kill the Rangers. Well the Rangers team have improved too. In the last 15 games, Caps won 1 more game game and 1 more OT loss than the Rangers. In fact, the Caps only one 4 more games in total. They are not gods compared to the Rangers.

The Caps have a weakness past their top 5 forwards. No depth, which can kill in the Playoffs. Their defense is nothing like ours even with Green. Yet with Green the Caps were not doing oh so well. Its the offensive mind set of some of their key guys thats the reason for some of their losses. Guys who will take the easy path which makes it simpler on them, rather than hustle their way to support the rest of their team.

We are the gritty team, we will outwork your team. We will hustle and get the puck on net and cause havoc for your young goaltenders. The Rangers PLAY THEIR BEST IN TOUGH SITUATIONS!!!!!! They lost most of their games this year against teams like the Isles and Hurricanes who stepped up at random times and outplayed us.

I dont know who will win, its going to be tough. I even think it may go to game 7 and go to washington but it wont be an easy victory for either team.

The Caps dont want to play the Rangers, they wish Carolina made it

Rangers have a shot and that's all I could hope for this year.
    It's a young group who works hard with a high end goalie who can steal some games, should be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFan75 View Post
    While I'm checking the goals scored maybe you take a glance at the standings. Maybe take a moment to realize why you had to wait until the last day to make the playoffs. I'm not even a Caps fan and I can see these things. The Rangers offensive depth consists of Gaborik, Drury, Dubinsky, Prospal, Wolski and Boyle compared to Ovechkin, Backstrom, Knuble, Semin, Arnott, Laich, Sturm, and Johansson.
    (from nhl.com) ''The New York Rangers, this year's No. 8, is a dangerous opponent for the Capitals. The Rangers won the final three meetings of the four-game series by a combined score of 15-1.''

we have had their number this season. all that offensive power and defensive strength and we have demolished them. so allthough you have a point with what your saying.. in this particular matchup, it is not a given that they will be as effective as they can be. the rangers obviously have something on them....

now im not sayin this give us an advantage at all, and infact i am of the opinion the caps will win the series in 7, as they have been playing great towards the end of the season but the fact is, and they are facts... staal and girardi can and do shut down ovechkin and backstroms line very effectively. and IF they can carry on as normal, it could do us wonders. obviously the caps have depth now so it not as simple as that. but we have a very good chance and it is probably the best matchup for us.

the rangers do need gabby to step up now more than ever, but the good thing is that unlike last year, we dont rely on him anymore!! we get goals throughout the team, something like 6 players reaching 20+ goals this year.

as i say i think the caps will edge it but i am getting bored of people writing us off, as was said, we are better than our standings position suggests, dropped points this season has mainly been due to the inconsistency factor of having a lot of young guys and horrendous injuries!!!!

in the latter half of the season we have struggled to score enough goals but we don't let in many at all! so it generally takes 3 goals for us to win... and infact we have had some strong 1-0 and 2-1 wins against the likes of vancouver,boston, san jose... and many more.

when we have hank in net, with 11 shutouts on the season, theres allways a chance we get a goal of two and win

we will see tonight though wont we lol... cant wait!!!!
    Last edited by saintant182; 04-13-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling

to be honest the fact that the caps have home advantage means nothing as we have had a great away record this season too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    I'd love to make some arguments about statistics and such but i'm hockey ******** even through watching 75% of the Caps games.

With that said, the Rangers scare the **** out of me and i think there is no reason to overlook them. But go Caps.
    This right here, said by a Caps fan.... I do think you have the better offensive team but there's something about the Ranger team that matches up against Washington well. To me the series depends on the goaltending, how will Washington's young goalies compare to the shutout leading Lundqvist. I think it's gonna be a good series, and I think it's gonna be a lot rougher than people are anticipating. With the Rangers, they forecheck hard with guys like Dubinsky, Prust, Boyle etc, and with the Caps with guys like Ovi, Knuble and Arnott both teams Defense is gonna be pushed to their limits in the corners. If I'm giving an edge I'm giving a conditional edge to the Caps, and the condition is if the Caps D can take 4 lines of hard forecheck, cus that's what the Rangers bring to the table, that and a world class goalie. So anyone thinking this is gonna be a walk in the park hasn't watched these two teams play against each other this year, you should tune in and watch it all happen. I agree with Torts quote this morning "We respect them, but we don't fear them." BTW, nice to hear a fan who isn't so biased they can see that there's a decent possibility that the Rangers could be a challenge for the top team in the east. Cheers.
    Last edited by bsi; 04-13-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saintant182 View Post
    to be honest the fact that the caps have home advantage means nothing as we have had a great away record this season too!!!
    We're also 29-0 when leading after the 2nd...big stat!

I just can't see Washington blowing a 1-8 series matchup 2 seasons in a row. But it's the NHL... you just never know...

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I would love to take the Rangers, but I just can't.....Caps in six... No need to go to deep into statistical analysis, as I think Lundqvist stands on his head throughout the entire series, but I really think the Capitals will be too much to handle.......

would love to hear what more caps fans think

Nice save nuevy!

Power Play!

rangers getting sloppy

Sloppy period for NY....they do this a lot, bet they play better in the second...I hope, hahaha.

They're lookin better now.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast