• Rangers in 5

0 0%
  • Rangers in 6

11 28.95%
  • Rangers in 7

3 7.89%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mlisica19 View Post
    The Rangers got beat by the Isles 6-2. The Hurricanes beat us 3-0. We had a lot of games were we lost by alot but NOT AS MUCH AS YOU. Hense why your defense was a minus rating. And our two RAGS Rookies still have a great plus minus. Sauer is in the top 20

BTW after the trade deadline im pretty sure the Rangers still beat the Caps 6-0.

Btw the same set of players who destroyed offensive records last year... well this is the same team of players who still have the notion to attack with an extra player. To step up for extra attack. When losing the puck, these players tend to glide back to defense.

JUST WAIT CAPS. RANGERS MAY NOT GO FAR THIS YEAR BUT THEY WILL SURELY BEAT YOU CAPS
    You and jbay should be friends. Trade Deadline is Feb. 28. Rags played the Caps on Feb 25.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFan75 View Post
    English please?
    FIRST OFF... what do u mean? The one or two words I wrote during my 100 word per second typing? Get over it, im sure your intelligent phili fanatic mind will be able to cope.

Btw... your a phili fan. NO ONE, believed flyers could do what they did last year except if you were A FREAKIN PHILI FAN...

It took you a shootout win against the team fighting for the last spot, to enter the playoffs and from there anything happens. Btw... the Rangers should not have even been contending for the last spot so late. They have 3 less wins than the Rangers, how is that not a tie breaker instead of diminishing the shootouts? The NHL goes ahead and says the shootout win is a win, now their saying well it doesnt really count for much. Well I say put a win as 3 points to make a regulation win more important. We would have been fighting for 7th rather than a playoff spot.

Then again... rules are rules. and we made it, now its all goes. Rangers have the same possibility as Phili did last year

Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    Caps in 3. With Callahan out and the Rangers having not finished all that well down the stretch. Caps could be catching fire at the right time.
    They played some pretty good hockey. They werent red hot like the Hurricanes, but they did grab 13 of 20 points in the last 10. The last month of the season they went 8-3-1 with wins over some quality playoff teams like the Sharks, Canadiens, Penguins, Philly, and Boston twice. If the Rangers have a problem its against non-playoff teams as they appear to play down to their competition.

I don't see why they can't at the very least give Washington a good series. They have performed well against top teams recently and took 3 of 4 against the Caps this year..including 2 blowout wins.

I'm a homer and i wouuld never pick against the Rangers, but i legit think they will win this series.

sexicano31 Guest
    The difference between this rangers team and the flyers team from last year is that the flyers team was good

You and jbay should be friends. Trade Deadline is Feb. 28. Rags played the Caps on Feb 25.
    Like i said... I THINK...

nonetheless your treating the Caps like they went undefeated after trade deadline. The Rangers too had a great last 2 months, reason why they are in the situation where they are. They beat the top teams all year, they just went soft on the teams not in the playoffs like most teams did.

I remember 2 years ago, BLAH BLAH BLAH... Rangers r getting swept. Caps will smoke them, It wont even be a challenge. Well it was a challenge, and with a VERY young inexperienced team with a new coach we happened to take them to game 7.

Point stated... you guys always underestimate the Rangers. But from what i saw this year, when the Rangers went up against a strong elite team. They played their hearts out and they won some games they should not have won.

Remember those two Phili games? I bet ya do buddy. NUFF SAID... well see (not after 2moro...) when the series ends

Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    The difference between this rangers team and the flyers team from last year is that the flyers team was good
    When i thought i could end a convo....

Once again. You must all have forget about last years convo about playoffs. NOT ONE PERSON BUT FLYER FANS could get out of the first round vs the Devils let alone make it to the Stanley Cup finals. NOT ONE PERSON

And how much better was that Phili team.

The had 3 more goals. Funny since they did have over 4 guys with over 20 goals... The Rangers this year just have 4 strong lines. No biggie i guess, 3 goals. Ehhh

O wait... but the Flyers did not the goaltending. EEEEEE. Over 30 more goals let up. AHHHH did anyone forget this? I mean idc who ur goalie was that is some mistakes on the defense as well...Thats right, the Rangers didnt even reach 200 this year in GAA.

Oh and the Flyers had 3 less wins than the Rangers

*comparing last years Flyers who made the finals to this years Rangers.
    3 more goals, FLYERS
    30 more goals let up, FLYERS.
    3 less wins, FLYERS.

sexicano31 Guest
    The problem is...the flyers were actually good and underperformed...

Can't believe I just noticed this:

This would be true if the Rangers had an ounce of offensive depth. You guys are really going to rely on Dubinsky, Gaborik and I guess Drury to get it done. The Caps can go top to bottom with guys who can score goals. We're ****ing scratching Eric Fehr.

While I'm checking the goals scored maybe you take a glance at the standings. Maybe take a moment to realize why you had to wait until the last day to make the playoffs. I'm not even a Caps fan and I can see these things. The Rangers offensive depth consists of Gaborik, Drury, Dubinsky, Prospal, Wolski and Boyle compared to Ovechkin, Backstrom, Knuble, Semin, Arnott, Laich, Sturm, and Johansson.
    Did your favorite team change in a matter of minutes? Are you a dupe posing as a philly fan lol?

The Rangers are a solid team, underrated.

They don't have a lot of high profile guys, but this team is extremely hard working and can outhustle anyone.

They really need to focus on flipping a lot of shots at the net and making these young, inexperienced goalies make the saves.

If the game is really at the US Airways Center than Caps fans may be a little angry

I don't think the Rangers are a lock to win this, but I think they are being really underrated by people around here. A lot of people are citing Callahan being out, yet that to me is just showing a lack of knowledge of the team. They've been battling injuries for 82 games, Callahan being out for a month and a half being one of them, and they've still played their game and earned their way into the playoffs. They played pretty well through that length managing to stay in the hunt and I'm not 100% sure but I doubt there's another playoff team that's endured as many games missed by players. To me that's great for team chemistry having to claw their way to wins week after week guys going in and out of the lineup.

I'm not saying Callahan being gone doesn't mean ****, it certainly does he's a big pat of this team, but with the rest of the team healthy and him being the only one out we're in okay shape. You look at the last 15 games of the year and Washington is 11-3-1 and New York 10-4-1. Everyone talks about how hot Washington is, but really these guys stack up nicely to each other. Washington was playing GREAT hockey about a month and a half ago in that nasty win streak they had. Since then, in that sample size I cited, they've come back to reality, whereas the Rangers have been getting hot again.

I'd rather be in the position the Rangers are in. They play a style of game that is more geared toward playoff success, have just about everyone healthy, and have an elite goalie who is hot right now. (You look at the last 15 or so games again, he's only really had 2 or 3 stinkers while the rest of his losses are by one goal in very good games). Washington on the other hand have hit the peak of their hot streak and are coming down, have been handled by the Rangers all year, and have a history of playoff failure. Not to mention I don't like the style of their team for playoff hockey.'

They are loaded in elite talent and I really like the looks of their second line now but I'm not really a fan of how their team is built. I believe in the adage that Championships are built from the back end out: great goaltending, a very good solid blue line, good depth at center and sprinkling in appropriately through the wings. The Caps do not fit that mold. They are very unproven and young in goal, their blue line is weak even with Green coming back (he hasn't even looked good in games he was playing in and one small hit could put him back on the shelf) and Wideman missing time this series, although I do like John Carlsson very much he's one of my favorite young blueliners. The Caps success is going to lie directly in their high octane offense and unfortunately for them they run into the team with the 5th best Goals Against in the league and a very cohesive, solid blue line led by Marc Staal and the leagues top shot blocker Dan Girardi.

That being said, I will admit part of this post is backing my team to a lot of negative reception, but even if I step back and take away loyalties I like the Rangers marginally better then Washington in this series. They inhibit and exhibit more things that I'd like going into the playoffs: an elite and hot goalie, a very strong team identity and a style of play suited for the playoffs.

That being said (again lol) Washington isn't the number one seed for no reason and are still a very good squad. The main point of my post is that I think a lot of you are overlooking the Rangers and this is going to be one of the better series IMO in the first round. I've predicted Rangers in 6 or more likely 7, but when and if they get out of the first round, their really going to have their hands full going forward.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

I just realized probably no ones even going to read that whole thing, but you should. Points well made throughout.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

I do think that people are underestimating the Rangers, because I'm making an assumption that they haven't watched as many games as we have. This is true of me making an opinion about the new Caps, I've probably only watched about 9-10 games of theirs, 4 of them being against the Rangers. I think this is gonna be more of a battle of physical play than offensive play, it's gonna get rough. I'd give the Rangers the edge in goal, and the offense goes to Washington, but the Rangers have a more capable D at shutting down offense than do the Caps, so offensively combining the shutdown pairing of Staal and Girardi with Lundqvist and maybe the Caps offense isn't that much better. Can the Washington D handle the Rangers forecheck, in the season series it was apparent they couldn't. Missing Callahan is a huge blow to the Ranger team, besides Lundqvist Staal and Girardi he is our most valuable player. Believe me this is gonna be a tough series, and it's a crap shoot as to who wins it, but being a Ranger fan who has watched all their games all year, I felt this was as good a matchup as we could get in the playoffs for success. I'm taking the Rangers, most people on here don't watch them play, they're reading point stats not taking into account the massive amount of injuries the Rangers had all year, I believe there was 3 guys listed as having played all games, and I know for a fact Prust was dressed a couple times but didn't play, so it just leaves Anisimov and Boyle as the only guys who weren't hurt on this team, and they've managed to make it into the playoffs. We were 11-4-1 down the stretch, that's not by accident. We'll miss Callahan but I think this is a much tighter series than the "stat watchers" are thinking it will be, time will tell and GO RANGERS. BTW I was watching the panel on TSN and someone on there picked the Rangers, I believe it was Ward, so it's not just Rangers fans who think this is a possibility.

Quick not before I begin: I'm a Devils fan. Thus I really would love the Rangers to be swept seeing that the Dev's couldn't manage to rid the world of this thread.

I think that the Rangers could pull out a game in this series. Lundqvist is one of the best goalies playing and he has showed that at various times this year. I'm sure he'll show that in the playoffs as well. But I think that's as far as it goes.

The Capitals seem to have a chip on their shoulder and have adjusted the way they play the game. They're playing like a playoff team. This series could get physical and the Caps will be ready for that.

So...Caps in 4.

I'd love to make some arguments about statistics and such but i'm hockey ******** even through watching 75% of the Caps games.

With that said, the Rangers scare the **** out of me and i think there is no reason to overlook them. But go Caps.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast