• Rangers in 5

0 0%
  • Rangers in 6

11 28.95%
  • Rangers in 7

3 7.89%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFan75 View Post
    While I'm checking the goals scored maybe you take a glance at the standings. Maybe take a moment to realize why you had to wait until the last day to make the playoffs. I'm not even a Caps fan and I can see these things. The Rangers offensive depth consists of Gaborik, Drury, Dubinsky, Prospal, Wolski and Boyle compared to Ovechkin, Backstrom, Knuble, Semin, Arnott, Laich, Sturm, and Johansson.
    Your the one firing off season statistics to prove your argument.

Why doesn't Stepan or Anisimov qualify here? They have more goals and points than a bunch of the players that you listed for the Caps. I'd take Drury off that list he's been **** all season.

It's not about depth. The Capitals have the dominant top line.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Why doesn't Stepan or Anisimov qualify here? They have more goals and points than a bunch of the players that you listed for the Caps. I'd take Drury off that list he's been **** all season.

It's not about depth. The Capitals have the dominant top line.
    I'd take the Semin-Arnott-Laich over your top line and depth may not be the only factor but it sure as hell plays a huge role in who wins a series. The only thing the Rangers really have going for them is goaltending and even Lundqvist cant win 4 games by himself.

I'd take the Semin-Arnott-Laich over your top line and depth may not be the only factor but it sure as hell plays a huge role in who wins a series. The only thing the Rangers really have going for them is goaltending and even Lundqvist cant win 4 games by himself.

What about defense? IMO they edge out Washington on paper. I certainly prefer their top pairing. You knocked the Rangers for having a young d pairing. The same can be said about the Capitals.

I'm still not buying the depth argument. Depth is what the Rangers have. A dominant first line is what they lack.

What about defense? IMO they edge out Washington on paper. I certainly prefer their top pairing. You knocked the Rangers for having a young d pairing. The same can be said about the Capitals.

I'm still not buying the depth argument. Depth is what the Rangers have. A dominant first line is what they lack.
    I went on my tirade about defense already. The Caps are most likely getting all-star d-man Mike Green back for game 1. McDonagh and Sauer have the highest PDO on the Rangers proving that they've been a bit lucky this season. Carlson and Alzner have both won Calder Cups and have played against the opponents top players this entire season. I digress as I am done arguing. Let the players play.

I went on my tirade about defense already. The Caps are most likely getting all-star d-man Mike Green back for game 1. McDonagh and Sauer have the highest PDO on the Rangers proving that they've been a bit lucky this season. Carlson and Alzner have both won Calder Cups and have played against the opponents top players this entire season. I digress as I am done arguing. Let the players play.
    Ok, so Sauer and McDonagh were lucky and Carlson and Alzner won minor league championships. This is how you're going to prove me wrong?

BTW* Mcdonagh was on OV all game last time they played- Staal was out. It's not like the Rangers players are completely untested. Oh yea, it was after the all-star break as well. Alzner and Carlson were -5 against the no depth Rangers.

Listen, I think this series could go either way but it's pretty stupid to write off the team that won the season series. A lot of people did this last season prior to the Devils-Flyers match-up.
    Last edited by fingerbang; 04-12-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Ok, so Sauer and McDonagh were lucky and Carlson and Alzner won minor league championships. This is how you're going to prove me wrong?

BTW* Mcdonagh was on OV all game last time they played- Staal was out. It's not like the Rangers players are completely untested. Oh yea, it was after the all-star break as well. Alzner and Carlson were -5 against the no depth Rangers.

Listen, I think this series could go either way but it's pretty stupid to write off the team that won the season series. A lot of people did this last season prior to the Devils-Flyers match-up.
    I was using those Calder Cups as playoff type experience... When did i say anything about after the all-star break? They were -5 because they got shutout twice and outscored 13-0 in those two games. I'm pretty ****ing sure even Nik Lidstrom and Chris Pronger would be minus players. All of these season series games came before their switch to defensive hockey and during times where they weren't even sure the Caps would make the playoffs. I'm not just saying the two Rags rookies were lucky, there is a stat to back it up. You've got to be crazy saying you'd take the depth of the Rangers over the Caps. Although the team switched to a defensive style, this is still the same set of players who destroyed tons of offensive records last year.

capitals in 5

I was using those Calder Cups as playoff type experience... When did i say anything about after the all-star break? They were -5 because they got shutout twice and outscored 13-0 in those two games. I'm pretty ****ing sure even Nik Lidstrom and Chris Pronger would be minus players. All of these season series games came before their switch to defensive hockey and during times where they weren't even sure the Caps would make the playoffs. I'm not just saying the two Rags rookies were lucky, there is a stat to back it up. You've got to be crazy saying you'd take the depth of the Rangers over the Caps. Although the team switched to a defensive style, this is still the same set of players who destroyed tons of offensive records last year.
    You bragged about a shift in their defensive play about halfway through the season.

The stat that backs up 'luck' is highly unproven.

I hate to break it to you but both teams are deep. The only major difference is the top line. Dubinsky could start the series on the third line, at least that's how they've been practicing.

The Calder Cup and the NHL playoffs are two completely different things. To say that they have playoff experience because of a freakin Calder Cup is a stretch.
    Last edited by fingerbang; 04-12-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Caps in 5/6.

Rangers arn't very good.

The poll and posts in here seem to agree with me

REGULAR STANDINGS
    One of you based some of your opinion in this matchup by how good the teams are in comparison to the regular season standings. Did you already forget last years Phili Flyers who ALSO had to wait to the last game to enter the playoffs. Not only that, they had to take it all the way into the shootout to determine the winner. Talk about a close one... but what happened that playoff year? Phili won the East conf. and made it to the finals. BTW... Is it really fair that Carolina had even that close of a chance to make it to the playoffs with 3 less wins than the Rangers? The NHL creates a shootout for a reason, then they diminish its value when it comes to a tie when they should have a tie breaker in the amount of WINS first.

RANGERS TEAM COMPARED TO THE CAPS
    Since when is the top line in hockey the reason for teams winning a series. It takes a full 20 man roster. And sadly beyond the Caps top 6 players (which are 5 forwards and 1 defender) I see nothing. The Rangers may not have that 1 or 2 players who have above 70 points but they do have a total of 9 more goals than your team. Like I said, an array of 18 skaters who do w.e it takes to win games.

This is what I see from the Caps... ALL YEAR. Especially the last few months.

Their 3 top players. Backstrom, Semin and Ovechkin. When they lose the puck in the neutral zone they dont just stop and hustle back. They simply glide to turn around then start heading back to help the defense. That gliding loses them at least 5 seconds every time. Leaving their defense to hang loose. They did that last year, they did it before the trade deadline and they continue to do it. Its a common practice for European players. Semin is the worst of them all. He seems to be invisible on the ice when its not an offensive attack.

Yes the team has changed since trade deadline. They changed their style on their defense to help them on the offense. Yet so has the Rangers. Their offense has actually improved since the deadline. The PP use to stay motionless, take only shots they can see the net with and stay spread apart. Now with new weapons on the blue line, the Rangers do it all differently. Watch... the wings move around and rotate and confuse the defense. The shots are anything that wont be blocked and turned into a breakway on the other side and we too crash the net hard. Something that your inexperienced goaltending may not be able to handle.

How dare you insult our defense.
    Eminger has seen playoff time before, hes the kind of engergized defender we need to get to loose puck especially against a quick attacking team. Hes done very well for the Rangers this year, hense why he has not lost his spot to somebody else on our list of prospects.
    Sauer has not at all played like a rookie this year. He has proved to the Rangers to be a future necessary player. His size and toughness has been useful all year and with some big guys that Caps have... hes ready to take them on. A plus 20 all year is rather impressive.
    McDonagh is also a rookie, but hes a well respected prospect. A player whose been in the right position all year. A +16 as well
    Your status that our two rookies are not so good may need to be overlooked
    McCabe is the experienced older player with a wicked slap shot we need on the blue line. A guy who knows what to do in all the situations

Gilroy is our offensive minded defender, he hustles. Hes provided some good goals this year and his speed will also be valuable in the playoffs.

Yet I think you underestimate Staal and Giradi. You say, IF and thats a BIG IF. Well sorry buddy. But last year they faced Ovechkin a total of 4 regular season times, and 7 postseason times. Each time they were magnificent. In that series he recorded 1 goal and 2 assists. I think too be honest in regular season Ovi only has 2 goals against the Rangers in 8 games. Hes not invisible but he just doesnt produce.

Girardi is SOOO UNDERRATED... he is the top defender when it comes to BOTH blocked shots and hits.

YOU CAN HAVE GREEN. Im actually happy he returns. With him you guys were not even a division winner. Hes another offensive minded guy and the worst thing is that hes a defender. I think he will def mess this up for the Caps.

Even with your NEW team. After the trade deadline. The Rangers are 2-0 against your caps.

The Rangers dont win games like every other team. They do the small things, and with an elite goalie they win games. Dubinsky (52.5 FO%), Drury (62.5 FO%), Anisimov (45.5%).

They block a whole of shots, which is what the Caps love to do. And they collapse on Lundqvist when the pucks down low which will help on their NEW CRASH THE NET SYSTEM... (btw which is not new because thats what they always did).

The more i Talk about this series, the more i feel comfortable taking on the Caps

English please?

Oh and it's no surprise that only the Rangers fans believe they will win this series. I'm a Flyers fan (We will be taking the cup this year) and i believe the Caps are just too good for this Rangers team.

The Rangers got beat by the Isles 6-2. The Hurricanes beat us 3-0. We had a lot of games were we lost by alot but NOT AS MUCH AS YOU. Hense why your defense was a minus rating. And our two RAGS Rookies still have a great plus minus. Sauer is in the top 20

BTW after the trade deadline im pretty sure the Rangers still beat the Caps 6-0.

Btw the same set of players who destroyed offensive records last year... well this is the same team of players who still have the notion to attack with an extra player. To step up for extra attack. When losing the puck, these players tend to glide back to defense.

JUST WAIT CAPS. RANGERS MAY NOT GO FAR THIS YEAR BUT THEY WILL SURELY BEAT YOU CAPS

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast