Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In retrospect, if KG was traded to the Lakers instead

McHale did his teammate a favor IMO by trading KG to the Celtics instead of his nemesis. LOL it sounds crazy, but the lineup would probably look like this

C Gasol
    PF KG
    SF Artest
    SG Kobe
    PG Fisher

Sixth, seventh, eighth men - Odom, Bynum, Barnes

on paper its like the ultimate trash talking team, probably hell of a defensive team too! Odom and Bynum might be traded to the T-wolves had the deal been agreed on though. Still...i think it would be one scary team to play against.

One more run...

If it had happened, the Lakers would have a case for the greatest team of all time, on paper.

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    It would be sick on paper, my problem: I dont know if Kobe and Garnett would mesh well. They are both alpha males. But they are both hard workers and take pride in defence, and Garnett doesnt demand the ball, so they may have hit it off.

But I like Garnett in green, it just seems to fit him, like he should have been playing there his entire careeer.

Too bad, cos i think KG, Kobe and Gasol would create a very lethal big three than the one we have in Boston now. More of an interior one

One more run...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    It would be sick on paper, my problem: I dont know if Kobe and Garnett would mesh well. They are both alpha males. But they are both hard workers and take pride in defence, and Garnett doesnt demand the ball, so they may have hit it off.

But I like Garnett in green, it just seems to fit him, like he should have been playing there his entire careeer.
    I don't know about the whole apha male thing. I think Kobe would dig someone with similar amounts of intensity on the team.

No Cryin' In Baseball - Please Read and Follow -

https://nocryininbaseball.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/nocryinbball

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post

I politely disagree. KG is probably the most unselfish star ever offensiely and i think they would mesh very well. But on defense i think KG would take charge and that is what makes him so invaluable

One more run...

Wouldn't the Lakers had to have traded someone such as Bynum or Odom for KG?

Yea like i stated in my first post, but its just intriguing to think

One more run...

Lakers get KG and still have bynum, gasol and odom?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    Lakers get KG and still have bynum, gasol and odom?
    Learn to read.

One more run...

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyangel View Post
    Yea like i stated in my first post, but its just intriguing to think
    Oops, didn't see that. But that would be pretty nasty. Two nice defensive guys, Kobes offense, Pau mixed in. I'd like to see a better pg, but can't get it all.

It would be a crazy team, and KG id the bill lambier of the league today, you love him if he's on ur team hate him if he isn't

mchale turned down odom n bynum for garnett...could have been a win win situation for both the lakers n wolves... instead they chose boston's offer n look at the wolves now.. still a lottery team... that was clearly a bad decision by the wolves management...

Well if KG went to the Lakers, then Odom and Bynum would have been shipped to Minny. Also, who knows if the Gasol trade would have been made had they brought in KG. So I think that team is extremely far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheels23 View Post
    Well if KG went to the Lakers, then Odom and Bynum would have been shipped to Minny. Also, who knows if the Gasol trade would have been made had they brought in KG. So I think that team is extremely far fetched.
    This. The thread is essentially asking, what would happen if we added Garnett to the Lakers now in exchange for nothing? Answer: They would be even better and a surefire favorite to win it all (to the extent that they aren't already).

However, the reality is that to get Garnett, the Lakers would have had to trade someting (Bynum+ seems likely) and Gasol would probably not have been brought in (in other words, tarheels23 wins this thread).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast