Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins a 7 Game Series?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atlantic City

49 87.50%
  • Lexington

5 8.93%
  • GM's of Atlantic City & Lexington Vote Here

2 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA Re-Draft Playoffs - (East): 1) Atlantic City Craps v. 2) Lexington Maynes

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the playoff voting for the PSD NBA Redraft. Every year we basketball fans enjoy taking part in a PSD game called the NBA redraft where over 60 users participate. The point of the redraft is to draft the best team possible and the obvious goal is to be crowned champion by the NBA forum. You will notice that the team name do not represent current NBA teams. The reason why we avoided this is because we wanted to avoid a bias that exists with current team names. For example, a team that had the Chicago Bulls team name would probably experience a higher volume of votes than let’s say the Memphis Grizzlies team simply because they have the larger fan base on PSD. As a result we got rid of that bias completely. Please take the time to review both teams, look at the depth chart and read the write ups to formalize your own opinion on which team would win a 7 game series. As far as injuries go, they will not be playing a factor in this Redraft though players that are continually hurt and have not had a healthy season in quite some time should be viewed as different players than what they once were (Yao, Oden, Roy etc). Thank you for voting and enjoy the match ups.

1) Atlantic City v. 2) Lexington

Atlantic City has Home Court Advantage

Atlantic City Clubhouse
    Lexington Clubhouse

Atlantic City Depth Chart
    PG: Lou Williams/Goran Dragic/T.J. Ford
    SG: Wilson Chandler/Ronnie Brewer/Goran Dragic
    SF: Lebron James/Ronnie Brewer/Earl Clark
    PF: Al Horford/Antonio McDyess/Drew Gooden
    C: Kendrick Perkins/Erick Dampier/Theo Ratliff

Lexington Depth Chart
    PG Ramon Sessions/Mike Bibby/Avery Bradley
    SG John Salmons/Eric Bledsoe/
    SF Kevin Durant/Corey Brewer/Gary Forbes
    PF Luis Scola/Craig Smith
    C Nene/Matt Bonner/Dasagna Diop

Atlantic City did not send in a Write Up

Lexington Write Up
    Well this is the marquee matchup of the teams in the east. We have the Lebron lead team vs Durant lead team. Atlantic City is quite balanced in terms of what they have around Lebron. When looking at the two teams, Atlantic City has Lebron as the main scorer and no one as good second options in my opinion. Horford is quite overrated for being an All Star. Lou Williams is not a PG and is much better suited coming off the bench. Wilson Chandler is a solid defender and scorer but not really a second option. He takes too many jumpers for being a second option. Perkins is liable offensively and is always hurt so he would probably not be healthy come playoff time. Our team has a scorer in Durant that has put up good numbers against Lebron. We have two bigs that can play inside and out in Scola and Nene. We have a true PG in sessions and a solid team player in Salmons. We think our bench is much better as well. I think the series would be tight but I think our bench and our bigs would be the deciding factor.

PG's

Ramon Sessions vs Lou Williams

Both young and talented players. Sessions is a young point guard that has succeeded as a starter. Lou Williams is a young player that is better suited for the 2 spot. They both average similar point numbers but Sessions averages more assists in less minutes this year. You may think that Williams would play a similar role as Mo Williams did for Lebron. He is not the player as Mo in my opinion and Lebron's success comes from a bad Eastern Conference prior to this year. Lebron never won a championship with those Cavs teams so what would make him win one with Atlantic City. Sessions, when he has a good team around him can put up 20 ppg 8 assist numbers. He has shown that in the past. The advantage goes to Sessions because of the abillity to play the point.

SG's

Chandler vs Salmons

Both of these guys are pretty good role players for their respective teams. They both can score night to night. Chandler may be a younger more athletic player then Salmons, but not enough that Atlantic City's advantage would be all that great. Salmons can score when he is on based off his numbers. He may have had somewhat of a down year but he has playoff experience and knows what it takes to win. Salmons is a decent defender that would have no problem with Chandler and his jumpers.

SF

The best two SF's in the game. Lebron is a beast there is no question about that. The thing is that Durant is not too far behind. Lebron has beated Durant in numbers head to head but not by that much. Lebron may be known as a great defender but Durant still has scored 27 ppg head to head against him. Lebron is only averaging 28 ppg against Durant. Durant is the better rebounder and free throw shooter while Lebron has him in assists. Lebron is great but we think we can contain him enough that he will not be able to take over this series.

PF
    Horford vs Scola

One overrated vs one underrated. Scola's numbers a are quite a bit better then Horford's this year and his career. Scola is much better offensively then Horford. Horford may be a better defender but its not gonna be put to use when you have a guy in Scola that can play inside and out. Horford is a better rebounder but that is about all on the offensive side. He is not a good second option for Lebron at all. Scola has proved through his career he can be a second option. Scola never gets looked at in terms of PF's but his numbers are better then most realize.

Center

Nene vs Perkins

Too big men that are good at the center position. Perkins is a good defender but is always injury prone. He would not be 100% healthy going into this series. He is very limited on the offensive side of that ball. This really hurts Atlantic City because that is Nene's one weakness is his defense. Nene would not have a problem with Perkins down low. Nene has put up
    All Star numbers this season. He has learned how to score like any other center out there. Perkins may slow down Nene but when Nene starts to take the ball to the whole he can not be stopped. This is shown by his near 65% shooting from the field. Perkins is not a dominant rebounder by any means which would put Nene on that same level. Nene is too much for Perkins in this matchup.

Bench

Their bench has some age in Dampier, Gooden and McDyess. They have some good Defenders but no real guys that can light it up off the bench. Dragic plays out of control, Ford is okay, and Brewer is not known for offense. They already have a good defending team but no offense that I can see with their bench. Our team has a mix of defenders Corey Brewer, Craig Smith, Diop as well as offensive guys in Bledsoe, Bonner, and Bibby. We have a much more balanced bench compared to them.

I think this would be one great series if it were real, but I think we just have a too balanced team for us to lose.
    Forward Message
    Last edited by Mile High Champ; 03-22-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Start casting those votes.

"Scola's numbers a are quite a bit better then Horford's this year ." Yeah unless you looked at them.

Horford has a better PER, TS%, eFG%, FG%, FT%, ORB%, DRB%, TRB%, AST%, STL%, BLK%, ORtg (121 to 104), DRtg, and more offensive win shares, defensive win shares, total win shares and significantly more win shares per 48 minutes.

I don't like that AC didn't send in a writeup but he's clearly got the better team so my vote goes to them.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    "Scola's numbers a are quite a bit better then Horford's this year ." Yeah unless you looked at them.

Horford has a better PER, TS%, eFG%, FG%, FT%, ORB%, DRB%, TRB%, AST%, STL%, BLK%, ORtg (121 to 104), DRtg, and more offensive win shares, defensive win shares, total win shares and significantly more win shares per 48 minutes.

I don't like that AC didn't send in a writeup but he's clearly got the better team so my vote goes to them.
    You are being very gentle here. AC has a DRAMATICALLY BETTER team. I assume that Lexington's GM knows it, which is why he focuses on fabrications rather than facts in order to support his side. Let's examine some, shall we:

1. Horford/Scola -- As the poster I quoted pointed out, the GM's view here borders on ludicrous. The claim that Horford is worse on offense defies credibility. The numbers and shooting percentages aren't really all that close. Horford shoots less, but not worse.
    2. Perkins/Nene -- So many asinine statements here. Let's begin with health. First, the health is not supposed to be considered (as stated up top). Second, even if you did consider, you would quickly see that Perkins has played 68 or more games each of the five seasons before this and been generally a very reliable, healthy player. Nene, on the other hand, has averaged about a dozen LESS games per year than Perk over those same give years. In short, it is Nene that is the bigger health risk. Perk simply had one bad injury. Worse, is the assertion that Nene is shooting "near 65%". He is shooting 62.2%, which is much less than you are giving him credit for shooting.
    3. James/Durant -- What is the basis for contending that Durant is a much better rebounder? James is outrebounding him this year and has put up better or comparable rebounding numbers every year that Durant has been in the league. Durant was a great rebounder in college, he has not been better than James at rebounding in the pros though. James' defense is also much better.
    4. Chandler/Salmons -- Is it really just a down year? The guy bounces around teams and has not yet found a home in the league. He is shooting 40% from the floor this year. Why would anyone assume a bounce in the playoffs. Chandler may also be nothing more than a role player, but he is better defensively and shooting it much better this year.

This series is a no contest before even considering HCA. Throw that in and considering that Lexington's GM's explanations can't be given with a straight face and I would say this is an AC sweep.

Lexington had a great team. Would have been interesting to see them matchup against the West. GL next time. Hopefully the other matchup stays close.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I thought this would of been much closer.

Jesus... I thought I sent that writeup in like four days ago... its sitting on my desktop.. crap.. sorry MHC.
    2010 - ATLANTIC CITY CRAPS - NBA Re-Draft Champions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfrk View Post
    Jesus... I thought I sent that writeup in like four days ago... its sitting on my desktop.. crap.. sorry MHC.
    No worries, It happens, You probably don't need it anyway considering the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    I thought this would of been much closer.
    I don't hate Lexington's team, but I really think AC is much stronger. And being honest, I think some of the embellishment (I am being kind) in the Lexington writeup may have hurt the team's case instead of helping it.

Hey man. I had to try something when obviously they were better. I don't think my write up had anything to do with voting. I had to embellish to try and put our guys in a better light. Should I have been like they are better. I lose.

I thought it would be closer but congrats ac
    NFL REDRAFT
    CO GM IAMARANGER18
    METROPOLITANS

QB Aaron Rodgers
    WR Roddy White
    CB Charles Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by jeff86 View Post
    Hey man. I had to try something when obviously they were better. I don't think my write up had anything to do with voting. I had to embellish to try and put our guys in a better light. Should I have been like they are better. I lose.

I thought it would be closer but congrats ac
    I would have just directed my efforts in other directions. I am not saying it would work, but making crap up and ignoring facts was certainly not going to (and it might have contributed to it being so lopsided). Instead of a baseless statement about rebounding, why not attack LeBron for not being able to hit a game winner (at a minimum, this might have drawn some votes from LeBron haters).....

haha were dominating again...

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

These are arguably the two most talented teams in the RD. I think this goes 6-7 games with AC coming out on top

Thanks to Boozerguy47 for making the Hottest Sig PSD has ever seen

If Lexington had a better backcourt this might've been closer.

Holy cow, I don't even understand how this is a blowout.
    I am in favor of cutting taxes under any circumstances and for any excuse, for any reason, whenever it's possible.

Milton Friedman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast