Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How should a star leave his team?

It seems as though every time a star wants out, he gets bashed for how he acted in the time between when he first wanted to go and when he got his wish. We see this time and time again, most notably with the recent departures of Carmelo and LeBron. My question is how SHOULD a star who wants out leave his team? Personally, I think if a star knows he wants out he should just go to the front office and say "look, I know that I'm leaving at the end of my contract, do with that information what you will, I'll play my *** off for the duration of my deal but I'm gonna leave afterwards, if you want to trade me fine, if you want to keep me fine, but just know that I won't be staying at the end of this deal, and I don't want this to become public". There's no easy way for a star to leave, but I think that'd be the best way.

Press Conference

"I have decided that it's a new chapter in my career, and I have decided that chapter will be with the ------. In all these yrs, I have truly appreciated my time here and I gave my all to the fans, and even though I'm not part of this organization any longer, the fans and the people involved in the front office hold a special place in my hearts forever. I hoped that I played the game of basketball the right way in the time I wore xxxx jersey, and I hope to continue to do so with the new organization that I will be joining."

I think if Melo or LeBron did something classy like that, that would have been great!

ONE LAST STAND FOR THE ZEN MASTER!

have a 2 hour special on espn

Haters will hate anyway...

I don't know.

I don't think LeBron knew what he wanted. It sucks Cleveland basically got nothing for him...but again, he didn't know he was going to leave (I feel) until after the playoffs were over.

It's great for Denver that Melo was blunt, but I don't like that he made it so public.

Obviously LeBron shouldn't have had the special. Obviously, no one will ever be doing that again. So future stars can thank him for getting that out of the way. I don't think his intentions were malicious, but that's how it was perceived by everyone...and it's obvious why.

Simple press conferences. Even Wade and Bosh went onto Sportscenter to announce it. That's fine too I guess.

I don't know. There isn't one way. We'll find a way to hate it if we want to. We'll be fine with it if we don't want to. It's the nature of the beast.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Only good way: Retire after winning the championship

Approach management in private, let them know your intentions and if you have thoughts of where you'd like to play, play the game you get so many oodles of money to play.

Everyone involved should keep it private - players, FOs, ect.

Like when Roy Halladay left Toronto or Clyde Drexler left Portland. Quietly and not through the media along with plenty of notice so they could get the maximum return.

There is something to be said for class and its not a TV special and has even less to do with Vince Carter. Its spineless to play it out through the media.

It was painful to watch all the trade rumours this year. At least to Carmello's credit he played hard all the way through.

exactly how Dorthy left Oz

There is no right way. It sucks for the franchise. Period. Hopefully, they communicate it quietly with the front office, so they can start making calls without the media feeding on it, and get some talent back

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

He should leave however he wants.

Just like Amare did.

Thats just it, the question should never be asked! Stars should not leave their team, its their team! If they're frustrated dont push to leave, push the damn owner/GM to make a move to surround you with talent.

Did Jordan ever leave in the late 90's? No, he waited and the gm gave him talent to put around him. Did Kobe leave? No he waited...

LeBron should've waited...(And dont pull the "THe GM tried to give him talent and bring in players" card) Cleveland could've had Amare and blew it, they had their hands in the cookie jar for a number of stars but LeBron just cant put it all together when the time comes.

Amare should've stayed in PHX he had the tools , (I just think PHX couldn't afford him).

Denver never should've given in. And Carmelo never should've wanted out, he was on a good team, why leave?

It should be done the exact opposite of how LeBron handled it. It should be done with dignity and respect on both sides.

There is no good way of doing it. Having said that a player can give his intentions to a team or can signal a team that he won't resign with them like Deron Williams did
    BEAT THE KNICKS

REAL Stars, should never leave their team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast