Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How would you handle this?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Start him right away

16 76.19%
  • Hold him to gain an extra year of controlled salary

5 23.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Pineda

Nah, he's going to be so good that we are going to sign him to a long term extension early, giving him a raise and keeping the co-cy young of Felix happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Nah, he's going to be so good that we are going to sign him to a long term extension early, giving him a raise and keeping the co-cy young of Felix happy.
    Actually, that's a good point to bring up... if he's good enough to want that 6th year, I think we would be trying to sign him to a long term contract before he reaches his last years of arbitration. If he doesn't pan out to that level of play, then we might not even want that 6th year anyway. But as good as everyone thinks he'll be, I think its safe to say that we probably would try to keep him around long term, and sign him to that contract early. Doing so may help keep Felix around longer as well... they may become a tandem that doesn't want to split up, assuming we give them respectable contracts. You never know...

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Actually, that's a good point to bring up... if he's good enough to want that 6th year, I think we would be trying to sign him to a long term contract before he reaches his last years of arbitration. If he doesn't pan out to that level of play, then we might not even want that 6th year anyway. But as good as everyone thinks he'll be, I think its safe to say that we probably would try to keep him around long term, and sign him to that contract early. Doing so may help keep Felix around longer as well... they may become a tandem that doesn't want to split up, assuming we give them respectable contracts. You never know...
    I just can't help but feel giddy thinking about that 1-2 combo in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    I just can't help but feel giddy thinking about that 1-2 combo in the near future.
    Now imagine that combo with a fully healthy Bedard, and maybe a Gerrit Cole as well. Plus there are still some intriguing options in the minors, like Robles and Anthony Vasquez. Its a big if, but if Bedard pitches 100% healthy and a full season, do we sign him back for more than one year...? Two year contract? Three? Just one and plan to trade him...?

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by vopHelevepE View Post
    Damn, banned already....

those spammers pick the weirdest threads to post in

Gets his first start vs the Mariners tonight. I wonder who won that trade?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12