Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Will we ever see another team like the 03-04 Pistons?

Im talking a team with no real "superstar" that are completely committed to defense. I think that team was one of the best championship teams ever. Nowadays it seems that franchises are clamoring to form "super teams". And all of these teams are looking at players that are more offensive minded than defense. But i would love for the NBA to get back to this formula of fundamental players and defense.

i hope so.

Its good for the game to show you dont need a glory ballhog running the team to win.
    ]

One of the best championship teams ever? Far from that

Quote Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
    Really? Name another team that had the defensive efficiency as them

they where incredible defense was top notch.
    \_(ツ)_/

I'd say my Sixers play like a poor man's version of that Piston's team. Kind of by default though.

We don't have anybody scoring over 15 ppg, everybody shares the rock, and we play lock down defense while committing the fewest t.o's per game in the NBA.

some similarities there. But obviously detroit was in another realm!, I miss that team.

what about boston or chicaqo.with the exception of "stars" they fit your billing to a t,being tough defense first,soundly built/playing team

Quote Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
    Yeah, they weren't the best ever. You could easily argue the World Champion Pistons of Laimbeer, Thomas & Rodman with coach by Chuck Daly were a far deadlier team for defense and all around play.

Will we see another 03-04 Pistons team down the road? Sure we will. I hope it's a small market team that comes out and beats the crap out of everyone without a true superstar and shake the NBA the hell up.

This year celtics and even 08 celtics are pretty similiar to the 04 pistons:more than one star,great defense and team work and great coach
    Also this year spurs.

I hope so,though that Pistons team was very boring to watch so that is a drawback.

I love teams that preach defense and hard work so it would obviously be great to have a team like this once again in the NBA. We need more players and teams that put defense first to educate some of these young stars what it takes to win and that there are more important things than dunk contests and flashy plays in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    what about boston or chicaqo.with the exception of "stars" they fit your billing to a t,being tough defense first,soundly built/playing team
    This. They play similarly to that Pistons team.

And to say that team had no stars is false. All of those guys in their own right, with the exception of Prince, were stars in the NBA. I don't get why everyone always says they had no stars.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Human-Cigar View Post
    Yeah, they weren't the best ever. You could easily argue the World Champion Pistons of Laimbeer, Thomas & Rodman with coach by Chuck Daly were a far deadlier team for defense and all around play.

Will we see another 03-04 Pistons team down the road? Sure we will. I hope it's a small market team that comes out and beats the crap out of everyone without a true superstar and shake the NBA the hell up.
    This.

Of course, the argument could be made that there was one "superstar" on that team in Isaiah Thomas - but, that's debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    This. They play similarly to that Pistons team.

And to say that team had no stars is false. All of those guys in their own right, with the exception of Prince, were stars in the NBA. I don't get why everyone always says they had no stars.
    I said Superstars.. They had none of them..

Quote Originally Posted by enserio View Post
    This.

Of course, the argument could be made that there was one "superstar" on that team in Isaiah Thomas - but, that's debatable.
    Debatable? A guy named of of the 50 greatest players in NBA history is debatable of being a "superstar"? Joe Dumars... he was debatable, but not Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by enserio View Post
    This.

Its debatable if Isiah thomas was a superstar???

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast