Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Question about non super star success

How much success can a team that is 10 deep with productive players, young with potential, chemistry, great coaching and great defense go?

Is it possible for that type of team to compete with a team of 2 or 3 super stars but secondary players every where else?

If you owned a team would you rather have a team of 2 or 3 superstars and not too much else or a young exciting team that is able to throw good to very good but not great player after player after you?

Last thing I want to say is this topic is not aimed at any team intentionally or unintentionally this is just a topic I think is discussion worthy and contrary to the super team idea and topics.

Thanks for input and debate.

superstars. the leauge is ran by them and dominated by them.

Quote Originally Posted by mikealike305 View Post
    superstars. the leauge is ran by them and dominated by them.
    lets hear from a non heat fan

no, only teams with legit superstars win the championships.

Its possible, but you need a top notch defense and a locker room w/ zero divas to do it (see: 04 Pistons)

Rare, but it happens
    Broncos be like:

You need that top dog who will carry the team down the stretch.

Yup, most of the time you need that 1 guy who leads his team on and off the court. It has happened before though with a team that has one goal, and brings their A game on both ends of the floor, without a superstar.

"It's the joy of proving people wrong, especially when people don't expect you or your team to win." - DRose

Winning without a superstar doesn't happen very often. The last time it did was with the Detroit Pistons when they eliminated the Lakers in the Finals. Considering how the league is design nowadays, you definitely need a team with at least two stars, 1 doesn't cut it anymore.

Free As Seagull.

10 deep? Il take that and trade for one allnba caliber guy

I would take the superstar team as long as the secondary players are capable of performing well in the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    As far as talent goes, without a doubt Melo is the best player the knicks have ever had. I think Melo is the best player in the league right now so i think after he wins us a ring this year he would have to be considered the best knick ever. Melo will become the new Jordan of the league we are so lucky to have him!!!