Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grizzlies rejected offer for Mayo

The Grizzlies rejected Ronnie Brewer, 2 1st Round picks, 2nd Round pick for OJ Mayo. Are they insane?

Their owner is just a ****ing hater moron.

He hates us.

Though one league insider familiar with the talks said, “It looked like (Michael) Heisley didn’t want to deal with the Bulls.”

Heisley lives in the Chicago area and long has had an ambivalent relationship with the Bulls.

The Bulls supposedly offered the Grizzlies three draft picks, a player and were willing to take a bad contract from Memphis, but were turned down. Though there were questions on whether it ever reached the stage of an actual offer.

“That told me they didn’t want to deal with Chicago,” the source said.
    They just didn't want to deal with us. We even offered to take back a bad contract

I guess that's why Memphis is...well, Memphis.

Heisley really didnt want to trade Mayo at all. He is a big fan of him and highly reluctant to trade him. It wasn't all about the Bulls. And what "bad contract" were they going to take? The Grizzlies don't have any...

"GEORGE: This you are not going to believe. Al Netchie, that pimple! Tells Daphne, now get this 'Not to get involved with me.'"

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFanFromNY View Post
    The Grizzlies rejected Ronnie Brewer, 2 1st Round picks, 2nd Round pick for OJ Mayo. Are they insane?
    Yes, and we are insane for offering them that much.

Brewer has to be the best defender on our team, and this is the best defensive team in the NBA, so that's saying a lot.

Not at all. They got a better offer than that from Indiana (remember The Bulls 2 1st are bottom 5 right now while the Pacers are borderline lottery).

This is PR work by the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by footballer2369 View Post
    I actually agree with this...

But if the offer was sincere, Memphis would get another bench calibur wing player to go along with Battier, Young and Allen (can you say crowded). They would get 2 1st rounders (assuming they are Chicago's) that will be between 25-30, and a second rounder (assuming Chicago's) that will be between 55-60....

Not a great deal IMO, especially since Mayo is making affordable dollars

Quote Originally Posted by footballer2369 View Post
    This.

I don't understand how this could be interpreted as PR work. The Bulls openly stated that they were against trading big chunks of the team as they didn't want to sacrifice team chemistry. Why would they go against that by claiming Brewer was offered, when Brewer has been a big part of the bench's production, both offensively and defensively? Also, its not like they have to sedate the fans. We're 3rd in the East, and just had a great night. (Bulls win, Heat/Celtics loss).

Quote Originally Posted by Flojo View Post
    I don't understand how this could be interpreted as PR work. The Bulls openly stated that they were against trading big chunks of the team as they didn't want to sacrifice team chemistry. Why would they go against that by claiming Brewer was offered, when Brewer has been a big part of the bench's production, both offensively and defensively? Also, its not like they have to sedate the fans. We're 3rd in the East, and just had a great night. (Bulls win, Heat/Celtics loss).
    I think you should say that to a lot of their fans on this forum...

"GEORGE: This you are not going to believe. Al Netchie, that pimple! Tells Daphne, now get this 'Not to get involved with me.'"

wow..hes dum and mayo would be nice in chi town.

i thought they wanted gibson not brewer...didnt they have brewer and it failed miserably....still way too much but i REALLY wanted orange juice mayo

Lakers probably would have got him for a 2nd rounder but we didn't want him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast