Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OKC just got really good...

Man Perkins is exactly what this team needs, then adding Robinson only elevates that trade, although kinda don't know what they'll do with Maynor. How good did OKC just get guys? Better? the same? worse (no way)?

Perkins can't stay healthy, which is why the Celtics traded him away. If he stays healthy for the thunder, could be a great piece with adding a big man.

Literally the EXACT player I - and dudes like baller - have been saying OKC desparately needs. And for the two pieces I recommended in the trade. Thanks for finally listening, Presti!

Baller - Cheers buddy - OKC is now a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by DITKA4GOV View Post
    Perkins can't stay healthy, which is why the Celtics traded him away. If he stays healthy for the thunder, could be a great piece with adding a big man.
    I understand that, but they also go Naz Mohammad, another big. Plus Nate Robinson.

They now have big guys to help out with rebounding which is their ultimate weakness.

2011 nba champions!!

The best part of this move is Serge Ibaka is going to start getting the minutes he deserves. Perkins and Ibaka inside looks real good.

defensively yes. but i need to see is perkins a great defensive player or was he just part of a great defensive system the celtics had?? playing next to garnett def helps a great deal. i really do like a perk/ibaka frontcourt though. i also think the thunder felt that james harden can replace the scoring you lose with jeff green. if you ask me, your starting line up must be

1.westbrook
    2. harden
    3. durant
    4. ibaka
    5. perkins.

if you start thabo, it forces kd and westbrook to be your only scorers. you dont want that.

I used to play NBA2K a lot, and last year I played as the Thunder and traded for Perk because I thought he would be the absolute perfect center for the team. Too bad I thought he was the perfect center for Boston, too

Contenders now. GREAT GREAT deal for them.

big time move for the thunder. improved significantly in the one area they needed help in. Perkins does have a pretty significant injury history though. for what you get with him though i think its a risk well worth taking with him. is he a free agent this summer?

...I don't quite understand the move for OKC from a contractual point of view.

Perkins rejected a four year 30 million dollar extension from the Celtics earlier this season. He is an unrestricted FA next year. How does OKC know he'll resign with them and not walk?

Could you imagine Perkins in NY or Miami? Ouch.

Great pickups as far as size, rebounding and defense. However, I question their ability to score enough come playoff time. Harden, Serge and Nate must pickup the offensive load left behind by Green and Kristic. Overall, good trade for OKC.

OKC also got Nazr Mohammed from Charlotte http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-trades...adlines_widget
    this team is scary now

Quote Originally Posted by HallofFameKidd View Post
    Great pickups as far as size, rebounding and defense. However, I question their ability to score enough come playoff time. Harden, Serge and Nate must pickup the offensive load left behind by Green and Kristic. Overall, good trade for OKC.
    Durant and Brook will pick up the scoring. And Ibaka is a talented scorer. Harden and Nate off the bench provides the scoring too. That isn't a problem

This was a hell of a deal for them. I fear Boston a lot less now.

Why does everyone on PSD think Perk is so good? He is injury prone and even when he's healthy he's really not that good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast