Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is a new era upon the NBA? Will Howard, Paul, Williams leave?

LeBron, Bosh, Amare and Carmelo all are perennial superstars and left their teams to play together. Boozer also left the Jazz to go to the big market Bulls.

Is it safe to say a new era is upon the NBA and the Magic, Jazz and Hornets should be aware?

If Paul or Deron wanted to go to the Knicks before, now they will really want to.

And I'm going to call Howard going to LA next deadline for Bynum and Odom along with a mass amount of picks before he leaves for nothing.

And they have to play together. Because if Paul goes to the Knicks, I don't see how any team is going to be able to beat the Heat or Knicks once they get supporting players.

It turns out a "toast" at a wedding made by Chris Paul was true.
    Last edited by NYSpirit1; 02-22-2011 at 01:22 AM.

who cares, this thread is about a year too early

Yea Knicks are getting Dwight Howard to Play the 5 after $19-20M in Expiring Contracts, with melo/Amare Doing the Scoring

/thread

Lol Will Knicks even have cap space or any players to trade to get anyone else? IT'll be tougher on NY than MIA because MIA had all three FA in the same year the way NY is doing it will make it tougher for them just look how hard it was for them to get Melo.

Deron will probably stay, I guess if the Fo allowed him to run Sloan away is because the intend to keep him.
    Paul is going nowhere until the team is sold.Remember Stern is running the team directly and wont allow him to leave.
    Howard..........MIkan,Wilt, Kareem, Shaq......you get the picture.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    LeBron, Bosh, Amare and Carmelo all are perennial superstars and left their teams to play together. Boozer also left the Jazz to go to the big market Bulls.

Is it safe to say a new era is upon the NBA and the Magic, Jazz and Hornets should be aware?

If Paul or Deron wanted to go to the Knicks before, now they will really want to.

And I'm going to call Howard going to LA next deadline for Bynum and Odom along with a mass amount of picks before he leaves for nothing.

And they have to play together. Because if Paul goes to the Knicks, I don't see how any team is going to be able to beat the Heat or Knicks once they get supporting players.

It turns out a "toast" at a wedding made by Chris Paul was true.
    i honestly dont c dwight playing for l.a. he'll be like a baby shaq leave orl for l.a. wats next miami and phoenix. he may leave but not for l.a. cp3 is gonna leave too. deron is as good as gone. lol not new nba same game different player. i dont know why this is so big. like its new. you have players that stay i.e. magic bird reggie miller bill russell kobe wade pierce, prob durant and rose. and players that leave shaq kareem lebron ray allen barkley. players come and go and some stay thats the way its always been. now its just a bigger deal...why ill never know
    I think Lebron is just the best all-around player we have in the game today.
    -Magic Johnson

CP3 or Deron and Dwight will play for the Lakers next year. Similar to what LBJ and Bosh did. Quote me on this

CP3/Deron
    Kobe
    Odom
    Pau
    Dwight.

Gone (probably):

Ron
    Bynum
    Shannon Brown
    etc

They will have a sucky bench, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ_JKidd View Post
    CP3 or Deron and Dwight will play for the Lakers next year. Similar to what LBJ and Bosh did. Quote me on this

CP3/Deron
    Kobe
    Odom
    Pau
    Dwight.

Gone (probably):

Ron
    Bynum
    Shannon Brown
    etc

They will have a sucky bench, though.
    Only one of the three will sign for L.A in a sign adn trade for bynum + fillers/picks

If they are to get TWO out of the three plaeyrs you mentioned it will mean Pau is being traded too
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers23_06 View Post
    i honestly dont c dwight playing for l.a. he'll be like a baby shaq leave orl for l.a. wats next miami and phoenix. he may leave but not for l.a. cp3 is gonna leave too. deron is as good as gone. lol not new nba same game different player. i dont know why this is so big. like its new. you have players that stay i.e. magic bird reggie miller bill russell kobe wade pierce, prob durant and rose. and players that leave shaq kareem lebron ray allen barkley. players come and go and some stay thats the way its always been. now its just a bigger deal...why ill never know
    This

I think Howard may stay depending on what Orlando can surround him with. But some of his options imo might be the Clippers, Bulls, Knicks or the Thunder.

One of those three will be in LA....

If they decide to go Bynum... They'll sign and trade for Williams or Paul....

They sign and trade for Howard if they decide Bynum isn't the right option...

I think two of the 3 will stay...

i can see the bulls being a big player in the howard sweepstakes. noah picks for howard ?

IMO Deron and Dwight are gone for sure and you can quote me on that. CP3 I'm not so sure of since he seems like the most loyal out of the 3..but the most likely destination for Dwight would be LA since he's already stated he wants to play alongside Kobe. The best place for big like D12 is LA.

As far as Deron, he's already stated he wants to go to N.Y. but I still don't know how they could land him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers23_06 View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure Wade would have left just as Lebron did had one been in the other's shoes. It just so happened that Wade was already on the team that was unloading to create enough cap space for the 3.

As for D12 not following in Shaq's footsteps, I don't see why he wouldn't. It led to 3 rings in L.A. And 1 in Miami. That is the whole point right?? I mean, that's why we are seeing all these super teams now right?? To have a chance to win a ring?? Because in the end, these young guys are more aware then ever before about what it can do to cement their legacies as players and it obviously matters to them otherwise we wouldn't have seen the changes we have recently.

Most of the guys are friends as well and they know eachother's games well. I'm pretty sure each of them can gauge what caliber of teammates they will need to compete with Miami, Boston, and L.A.. If you're am athlete, it's in your nature to be competitive and all these young guys want to win and many will prove soon enough what they are willing to do to get a shot a ring.

Its a big deal and it's a different era in basketball and you have to admit that. The biggest names throughout the league of today are teaming up and that's not something we have seen before. The recent changes in this league is only putting more pressure on other guys to up the ante so they can compete on the big stage as well. Not to say we won't have a very rare few like Durant and Rose who will likely stay with their respective teams, but don't fool yourself because its pretty obvious both their teams aren't far away from being contenders as well, and you can't dismiss the fact that Boozer left to sign with CHI himself. I'm just waiting for Nene to turn down his extension with the Nuggets and sign with the Thunder.

This league is gonna be more competitive than ever and I for one as a fan of the game will be loving every minute of it watching these amazing teams in the future battle it out.
    Last edited by Supreme LA; 02-22-2011 at 07:12 AM.

The NBA is pathetic.

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast