Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Lakers end up with only 50 wins? Thus far, 3rd easiest schedule

The Lakers are having a bunch of problems and are 35-16 with just the league's third easiest schedule at .478 win percentage.

That means the rest of the teams they are playing probably have a combined .600 win percentage.

Is it unreasonable to say the Lakers will end up going 15-16 in their last 31 games?

They play the Spurs twice, the Heat, the Celtics, the Magic twice, the Mavs twice, the Thunder twice, the Hawks twice, Blazers twice, Hornets, Jazz twice, the Nuggets and the Knicks.

That's 16 games against elite teams, with either the Nuggets or Knicks being elite (whoever has Melo) and three games against very good teams. Not to mention they play the Clippers twice, the Suns and the Kings, teams that have already beaten them. I definitely think they are headed for 50 wins.
    Last edited by NYSpirit1; 02-07-2011 at 09:28 PM.

They end up 3rd overall in playoff HC advantage.

spurs still have 2 more versus lakers?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

50 wins? not so sure.. that would mean they would probably fall off the top 5 out West and I just don't see that happening.

Free As Seagull.

55-27

Quote Originally Posted by 210Don View Post
    spurs still have 2 more versus lakers?
    yep....ehh popavich's smirk smile there is so ughhhh

I see them ending up with a record of 55-27 -- realistically at least. There's no way that they will end up with only 50 wins. Though I am hoping for a record of at least 58-24. But if it does happen, that, they end up with only 50 wins...then whoa. Didn't they already defeat the Thunder twice this season?
    Last edited by Tonji10; 02-07-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Spurs will get 68 wins
    Lakers will get 57-60
    If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Peace
    Love
    Happiness

lakers 3peaT!!!!!!!!!!WHO CARES ABOUT THE RECORD
    Last edited by knightstemplar; 02-07-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Lakers are having a bunch of problems and are 35-16 with just the league's third easiest schedule at .478 win percentage.

That means the rest of the teams they are playing probably have a combined .600 win percentage.

Is it unreasonable to say the Lakers will end up going 15-16 in their last 31 games?

They play the Spurs twice, the Heat, the Celtics, the Magic twice, the Mavs twice, the Thunder twice, the Hawks twice, Blazers twice, Hornets, Jazz twice, the Nuggets and the Knicks.

That's 16 games against elite teams, with either the Nuggets or Knicks being elite (whoever has Melo) and three games against very good teams. Not to mention they play the Clippers twice, the Suns and the Kings, teams that have already beaten them. I definitely think they are headed for 50 wins.
    They will be the 3rd seed at worst.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

tbh i see them going 10-8 in their next 18 games. So yeah 50 is about right.

part of me says yes, they are not a top 3 team in the west with their play. But another part says they will put together a 20 game streak of domination.

Basically, until proven otherwise, the Lakers are simply the best team in the NBA. Obviously I hope they choke as hard as possible, I can't stand them, but I am not stupid enough to cancel them out.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

part of me says yes, they are not a top 3 team in the west with their play. But another part says they will put together a 20 game streak of domination.

Basically, until proven otherwise, the Lakers are simply the best team in the NBA. Obviously I hope they choke as hard as possible, I can't stand them, but I am not stupid enough to cancel them out.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by knightstemplar View Post
    lakers 3peaT!!!!!!!!!!WHO CARES ABOUT THE RECORD
    this ^

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post

Yeah it aint looking too good currently for the purple and gold.. And unfortunately it's not going to get any easier for them.. My guess is that they barely hit fiddy.. I wouldn't put money on that though..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast