Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What team has a brighter future? Celtics or Spurs

I know its early but both teams have about a 2 year run before its all over.

1, celtics core- rondo/perkins. you got your point guard and center in place. big 3 need to be replaced. and im sure doc will be gone by then to be with family.

2. spurs- not sure if parker is part of the core or not. Im thinking when duncan goes, they rebuild from scratch. maybe keep dejuan blair. i dont know.

But what team do you see a brighter future for? which team is gonna have an easier time rebuilding??

Celtics.

They got arguably the best perimeter defender and one of the best post defenders(Though he's an expiring and might leave)so they should be good.

I think the celtics by just a tic because of rondo

Rondo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

Spurs have hill and blair

celtics have rondo, perk, and big baby

advantage bos

The Spurs.

It's easy to guard Rondo and Davis (the only two other scorers) when there aren't 3 potential HOF'ers on the floor. They'll revert back to mediocrity in a few years.
    #BenchMob

Celtics have Rondo, but SA has the best coach in the NBA IMO.

I think predicting either of their futures more than a few years down the road is just a complete toss up. Who knows. I'm sure both will be fine.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

I think boston may actually have a hard time because with rondo and perk. i think they will be a middle of the pack team like the pierce/walker days. good enough for a playoff spot but not high enough for a lottery pick. I think the spurs have a better chance at sucking enabling them to get a top 5 pick.

I say the Spurs. That organization knows how to draft players and keep the Spurs competitive. I honestly think FO gets overshadowed by Pop and Tim Duncan. But then again Jerry Krause thought the same thing and it took the Bulls what 10-11 years to be competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Celtics have Rondo, but SA has the best coach in the NBA IMO.

I think predicting either of their futures more than a few years down the road is just a complete toss up. Who knows. I'm sure both will be fine.
    lets see how good pop is when duncan retires. I think they both walk at the same time though. once duncan retires, i think pop goes with him.

The Celtics have a star in Rondo, but the Spurs have the better pieces and the better FO

Yeah I see the Celtics trading Rondo away when they don't have the Big 3 anymore, what good use is rondo when he can't score? How is he going to get his assist when theres no HOF's playing with him?

Quote Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
    The Spurs.

It's easy to guard Rondo and Davis (the only two other scorers) when there aren't 3 potential HOF'ers on the floor. They'll revert back to mediocrity in a few years.
    so ignorant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

Spurs.

Popovich > Rivers (or whoever his successor might be).

That alone makes me think 2 years down the road the Spurs are better off.

Quote Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
    lets see how good pop is when duncan retires. I think they both walk at the same time though. once duncan retires, i think pop goes with him.
    I agree. Hard to know exactly how he'll do...but Duncan certainly isn't the only reason this team is great any more. I think there is no better X and O's coach in the league. He's a genius.

I also agree with Enemy...that FO is great. They know how to draft...not sure Boston's can say the same.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast