Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

How does Tim Duncan make the All-Star team?

Coaches really need to stop with the 'winning team' stuff. For the most part its good but how do you justify picking Ray Allen (17 ppg on 37-11 team) over Carlos Boozer (20 and 10 on a 34-14 team). And Kevin Garnett? 15 and 9 on a 37-11 team?

So apparently being 37-11 and getting 15 and 9 beats a 34-14 team when a guy is getting 20-10. Four Celtics didn't need to make the team.

And Tim Duncan? Wow.

Apparently getting 13 and 9 means you're an All-Star now. Kevin Love averaged 8 more points and 6 more rebounds, but still couldn't make it. If anything, Tony Parker should have made it over Duncan.

The coaches did a pretty good job, but Garnett, Allen and Duncan is just pathetic over who was snubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Coaches really need to stop with the 'winning team' stuff. For the most part its good but how do you justify picking Ray Allen (17 ppg on 37-11 team) over Carlos Boozer (20 and 10 on a 34-14 team). And Kevin Garnett? 15 and 9 on a 37-11 team?

So apparently being 37-11 and getting 15 and 9 beats a 34-14 team when a guy is getting 20-10. Four Celtics didn't need to make the team.

And Tim Duncan? Wow.

Apparently getting 13 and 9 means you're an All-Star now. Kevin Love averaged 8 more points and 6 more rebounds, but still couldn't make it. If anything, Tony Parker should have made it over Duncan.

The coaches did a pretty good job, but Garnett, Allen and Duncan is just pathetic over who was snubbed.
    2 names, Gregg Popovich, and Doc Rivers...

The Hawks players are scrubs too, I don't like Al Whoreford.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post

And Tim Duncan? Wow.

Exactly how is Boozer more deserving than KG and Ray? KG's defense is far superior to Boozer's. Ray is shooting 50.8% and .458 from three. How is that not all-star worthy?

agreed.. absolutely rediculous. the East is pretty bad but they could have found someone else to replace KG. Allen i dont have a problem with making it. but again, as bad as the East is, they did alright there.

but Duncan making it is such a joke. Love, Aldridge, Parker, Nash, Monta... the list goes on. ALL should have made it over Duncan. even Zach Randolph over Duncan. its crazy! 13 pts a game he averages. its supposed to be the players having the best season. not the players who have been great the last 10 years.

dont think Griffen should have made it either, only because of the guys who were left off. if Love made it too, then i'd be ok with Griffen.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 02-03-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Lmao @ coaches need to stop with the winning team stuff!!! classic
    \_(ツ)_/

Calm down. All this All-Star crap means nothing.
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Quote Originally Posted by 210Don View Post
    Lmao @ coaches need to stop with the winning team stuff!!! classic
    its true dude.... Duncan should not be an allstar just because the Spurs have the best record. there are several more deserving guys who were left off and if u werent blinded by being a Spurs Homer, you'd see that too. everyone else does.

all i know if look at the allstar rosters from the East and West back in the 90's. those teams had so many dominate players on them. the allstar teams of our current era completely suck compared to those teams. the NBA has really taken a hit... i miss the 90's basketball in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    its true dude.... Duncan should not be an allstar just because the Spurs have the best record. there are several more deserving guys who were left off and if u werent blinded by being a Spurs Homer, you'd see that too. everyone else does.
    w/e like dude says no one will care after the game
    \_(ツ)_/

i like that timmy D is on the team but hate that love did not make it..so i agree with you there...BUT...as good as boozer is doing i would put felton in there instead of boozer.
    yes boozer has better numbers then ray ray and KG but thats because its easy for him to do so on the bulls team.

IMO if u put boozer on the celtics he wouldent be getting 20/10..so yea.. but thats just me.

Because he's Tim Duncan

/thread

Skills, defense, seniority, HOF lock, team success, popularity.
    Take your pick.
    Because he's Tim Duncan

/thread
    Last edited by cambovenzi; 02-03-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 210Don View Post
    w/e like dude says no one will care after the game
    point is these other players WAY outperformed Duncan and deserve to represent their team, their city, and their fans in the allstar game. they dont pick the players having the best season anymore like they used to.

Reputation, and his teams off the chart regular season record. Love got snubbed, but it would be absurd for the Spurs to only get to send one player.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast