Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much do D league players make

I think lots of guys spend their entire careers in the d league. I wonder how much they make? I imagine its probably about 35,000?

damn, so do they have part-time jobs or something?

Yep, the salaries are surprisingly quite low... 1-2k $ per month?...

Quote Originally Posted by chicago lulz View Post
    damn, so do they have part-time jobs or something?
    I dont see how they could considering they are traveling. Damn I had no idea it was that low. first year privates in the army have a better gig than that. They should really go on strike for better wage than that. If you know you are never going to make it in the NBA I would look for another job.

They all have dreams of the NBA and it's worth battling low pay for that chance. On top of that they have PLENTY of opportunities for side income by teaching summer camps or private lessons or speaking at schools etc. My brother is in and out of the MLS and USL right now making nothing but he is able to earn money outside the leagues in the meantime.

Sundiata Gaines

woah wtf? how u do that?

lmgtfy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeshow86 View Post
    I dont see how they could considering they are traveling. Damn I had no idea it was that low. first year privates in the army have a better gig than that. They should really go on strike for better wage than that. If you know you are never going to make it in the NBA I would look for another job.
    1-2k per month is probably about what they deserve when you consider they really only work 3-4 hours a day, and that's not even for an entire year. Factor in the average attendance for a d-league game is around 3000, with significantly cheaper tickets than a regular NBA game. It's the same case with the WNBA; if people aren't paying to watch them play then they shouldn't be making more money. If the d-league went on strike I'd bet they would fold the league before giving in to players demands

You guys are wrong. D-League salaries average around $35K-$40K now. Those previous salary numbers were taken from when the D-League was first starting out.

Its been proven to be the best route to the NBA with 1/5 current NBA players having played in the D-League at some point. It also gives you exposure for European teams that offer $100K+ contracts as well as covering your expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    woah wtf? how u do that?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+use+LMGTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Sunday View Post
    You guys are wrong. D-League salaries average around $35K-$40K now. Those previous salary numbers were taken from when the D-League was first starting out.

Its been proven to be the best route to the NBA with 1/5 current NBA players having played in the D-League at some point. It also gives you exposure for European teams that offer $100K+ contracts as well as covering your expenses.
    No way is that true

google

They make around 25k. My fiance used to work for the Austin Toros and now she writes for Torosnation.com and also ProjectSpurs.com so she knows the players really well.

Here is a video made by one of the players of what's its like in the life of a Dleaguer. Pretty cool video if you ever wanted to know how there days go.

http://www.torosnation.com/2011/01/137/
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...raiders-19.gif-"Any time he comes to my area or Georges area to catch a ball his goin to get hit and his goin to get hit hard because his done alot of mouthing off personal i think his more interested in being an annoucer then a football player" - Jack Tatum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast