Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Chris Sheridan: top 5 players to build a franchise on for the next 10 years

Saw this in Sheridans chat yesterday. do you guys agree with the players he picked? If not, then who would your 5 be? If you wanna know why he was split on griffin/love and why he doesn't have dwight howard on the list, click the link to read what he said.

Daniel (Australia)

As of today, who are the top 5 players to build a franchise on for the next 10 years? And do Wall and Griffin come anywhere near that list?

Chris Sheridan
    (2:02 PM)

I like this question, Daniel. For 10 years, eh? I's say my five are PG-Derrick Rose; SG-Kevin Durant; SF: LeBron James; PF: Kevin Love/Blake Griffin. C-DeMarcus Cousins. Can't make up my mind on the 4. Folks, your thoughts? I'll post a few responses.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...chris-sheridan
    Last edited by D Roses Bulls; 02-01-2011 at 01:50 PM.

I thought Durant played SF?

Free As Seagull.

I don't like how he picked a player at each position.

4. 02-01-2011, 01:43 PM
    Reason
    Nothing wrong with the thread. A lot of 'top player' threads will come from a fan of their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    I thought Durant played SF?
    I guess he said if he was building a team for the next 10 years, that's how he would do it? I'm guessing.

Wow, no Howard?

MAR$WAG BROOKS

7. 02-01-2011, 01:45 PM
    Reason
    response to deleted post

I don't see why he needed a player at each position.
    As for Love/Griffin, there will be a debate until it plays out. Love is just consistently killing it. Blake is also playing great, and just has a sexier game. Can't go wrong with either at PF going forward, they are easily the top 2 PF's under the age of 25, no question.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    I guess he said if he was building a team for the next 10 years, that's how he would do it? I'm guessing.
    I'd have Durant in too if building a team the next 10 years but since he's going off of positions, doesn't make sense to misplace players just for his benefit. No big deal, maybe Durant plays the 2 at times and I don't know.

Free As Seagull.

I'd have Durant in too if building a team the next 10 years but since he's going off of positions, doesn't make sense to misplace players just for his benefit. No big deal, maybe Durant plays the 2 at times and I don't know.
    yeah, I don't know either, but I could actually see it though.

11. 02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
    Reason
    response to deleted post

You were the first to bring Rose into this discussion despite him being in the article. If you don't want to talk about him, don't bring him up.

thank you, wish more people would think that way

Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    from the guy who said, with derrick rose, anything is possible. that someone used in their sig
    I said it in a sentence, the sig you saw is part of a statement, not the whole thing. It's like Foxnews doing a hack job on a Democrat, they will cut out the part they like and leave the rest. Rose is indeed the best scoring pg in the league today but we all know that CP3 is better that him when he has the right players around him.

You were the first to bring Rose into this discussion despite him being in the article. If you don't want to talk about him, don't bring him up.

Why even bother with him

Just saying, it starts to get annoying when you hear so much about someone that isn't even top 5 good.

I am a bit surprised to see Cousins there at C and not Howard, i mean based on what we've seen from Howard you'd think the fact that he's seasoned, the best defensive C of this generation the pillar of health and consistency (on D) and the fact that he's only 25 years old. I mean Cousins is much younger but IMO he'd never develop into the player that Dwight Howard is.

I am no fortune tell nor am I a betting man but I'd be will to wager that Howard at 30 will be better than Cousins at 25. Even without the athleticism he's still going to be a very capable C in the NBA IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    I am a bit surprised to see Cousins there at C and not Howard, i mean based on what we've seen from Howard you'd think the fact that he's seasoned, the best defensive C of this generation the pillar of health and consistency (on D) and the fact that he's only 25 years old. I mean Cousins is much younger but IMO he'd never develop into the player that Dwight Howard is.

I am no fortune tell nor am I a betting man but I'd be will to wager that Howard at 30 will be better than Cousins at 25. Even without the athleticism he's still going to be a very capable C in the NBA IMO.
    well, he did explain that in the chat. he didn't realize I think that howard just turned 25. poor researching on his part.

and btw Durrant is a SF not a SG

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast