Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do the Thunder make the move?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I think it is time to take the next step

30 55.56%
  • No, this team has a great young future, Why break it up?

13 24.07%
  • Not yet, but in the near future I would make the move

11 20.37%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is this the year the Thunder Cash in on their young assets for veteran Help?

With teams like the Lakers and Jazz Struggling this year, should OKC make the jump and add some veteran talent? I know this has been a topic of interest in the past but it should be reevaluated now. Lets be honest the Lakers are really starting to show their age, perhaps the Thunder have their window opening sooner than some expected. The team could certainly could use a low post scorer and a strong veteran presence with playoff experience. I know this team is young and has a great future ahead of them but perhaps this is a good opportunity as ever to strike. What are people's thoughts?

I am not saying to trade Westbrook but one of Harden or Green could be traded with a player like Cole Aldrich in hopes of landing the Vet that can put them over the top.

Personally, I think the Thunder should be going hard for Nene. He'd be the perfect fit for that team, in my opinion.

While I do agree and say Yes the question is who.

I mean Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and Chris Kaman all sound good.

Kaman being the best fit but he's injured and may not be the best bet.

Moving for a C will however give them some room to start Ibaka (even though their brilliant head coach has started limiting his minutes as they've started to get healthy up front) at PF. Marc Gasol though is unlikely, and if the Girzz really start slipping Randolph will in all likeliness certainly be dealt but is he really what they are looking for?

While I think YES this is their year to make a move, common sense is telling me it better for them to stay put and wait until a better option is made available.

If any of the young guys is to be traded it will likely be Green/Aldrich however.

Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Personally, I think the Thunder should be going hard for Nene. He'd be the perfect fit for that team, in my opinion.
    The question here is what do the Thunder have to offer for Nene?

Then when he's traded what is the Nuggets' predicament at C? They may not have the pieces to pry Nene away from the Nuggs, a third team will have to be involved if they are going to get Nene.

Chris Kaman + Willie Warren + 2011 2nd round draft pick for Jeff Green + Royal Ivey

Would be the perfect scenario for both teams!!!

Westbrook
    Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Kaman

B Davis
    Gordon
    Jeff Green
    BG
    Jordan

w/ Aminu and Bledsoe sharing 6th man duties

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    While I do agree and say Yes the question is who.

I mean Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph and Chris Kaman all sound good.

Kaman being the best fit but he's injured and may not be the best bet.

Moving for a C will however give them some room to start Ibaka (even though their brilliant head coach has started limiting his minutes as they've started to get healthy up front) at PF. Marc Gasol though is unlikely, and if the Girzz really start slipping Randolph will in all likeliness certainly be dealt but is he really what they are looking for?

While I think YES this is their year to make a move, common sense is telling me it better for them to stay put and wait until a better option is made available.

If any of the young guys is to be traded it will likely be Green/Aldrich however.
    You bring up some interesting names. I think Gasol would cost the most of the 3 names you mentioned but Z-Bo or Kaman would make great sense in OKC. Even though Randolph can't play defense for the life of him, he would supply the Thunder with a consistent low post thread and would provide a rebounding presence. I think Green would be the main piece in any deal though I would not discount trading Harden..

Wasnt sure before but Mark Stein reported that we were talking with the Cavs for Varejao before he got hurt. I think they are still actively looking but with the uncertainty of the CBA i think the ceiling money wise for a pre-cba trade is a contract like Varejao's. We have Mo Pete's expiring deal, future picks and solid young prospects, be nice to see something get done.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by LTBaByyy View Post
    Chris Kaman + Willie Warren + 2011 2nd round draft pick for Jeff Green + Royal Ivey

Would be the perfect scenario for both teams if Kaman wasn't a health concern!!!

Westbrook
    Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Kaman

B Davis
    Gordon
    Jeff Green
    BG
    Jordan

w/ Aminu and Bledsoe sharing 6th man duties
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Fixed
    That's true, but what NBA centers are healthy these days??

Except Howard lol

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

if they got a GOOD center they would be deadly in the west i mean there good now but a center would put them over the edge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    You bring up some interesting names. I think Gasol would cost the most of the 3 names you mentioned but Z-Bo or Kaman would make great sense in OKC. Even though Randolph can't play defense for the life of him, he would supply the Thunder with a consistent low post thread and would provide a rebounding presence. I think Green would be the main piece in any deal though I would not discount trading Harden..
    IMO the reason Gasol would be such a hard fetch is because of the fact the Grizz are potentially set at every position (Henry, Mayo they decide on giving him one last shot at SG and Rudy Gay at SF) other than PF going forward (Randolph may not return next season) and Jeff Green is really a SF playing PF in OKC. He gets abused on the defensive end at times from bigger stronger forwards.

Personally reason why I mentioned Gasol was more of a hope than anything else. I would love to see the Thunder team with a versatile C such as Gasol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    With teams like the Lakers and Jazz Struggling this year, should OKC make the jump and add some veteran talent? I know this has been a topic of interest in the past but it should be reevaluated now. Lets be honest the Lakers are really starting to show their age, perhaps the Thunder have their window opening sooner than some expected. The team could certainly could use a low post scorer and a strong veteran presence with playoff experience. I know this team is young and has a great future ahead of them but perhaps this is a good opportunity as ever to strike. What are people's thoughts?

I am not saying to trade Westbrook but one of Harden or Green could be traded with a player like Cole Aldrich in hopes of landing the Vet that can put them over the top.
    I said this a year and a half ago and I'll say it again now. Make a move. Everyone said I was crazy and that they had a potential dynasty and now it's blatantly clear to everyone that they need to make a move. People say nothing was lost by waiting and I disagree. Soon they will be capped out re-signing these young players so they need to use them as assets now. They have too much youth and yes that's a bad thing when Durant and Westbrook are already playing at a high enough level to make a title run with the right pieces around them.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

The NBA/Stern loves KD, they will send them help.......... don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I said this a year and a half ago and I'll say it again now. Make a move. Everyone said I was crazy and that they had a potential dynasty and now it's blatantly clear to everyone that they need to make a move. People say nothing was lost by waiting and I disagree. Soon they will be capped out re-signing these young players so they need to use them as assets now. They have too much youth and yes that's a bad thing when Durant and Westbrook are already playing at a high enough level to make a title run with the right pieces around them.
    Lol! i knew i'd see u in here, this team still isnt ready to win a championship even if they do get a big but i am in favor of a move but i think we are taking the smart patient approach. We need a legit center, more shooting but more then anything more experience.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Lol! i knew i'd see u in here, this team still isnt ready to win a championship even if they do get a big but i am in favor of a move but i think we are taking the smart patient approach. We need a legit center, more shooting but more then anything more experience.
    OKC could very well take the West if they get a legit post presence.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast