Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Would Landry Fields win Rookie of The Year if Griffin played last year ??

Everyone is gonna say that John Wall would win it but I think Fields would deserve it more seeing how well he's playing and he was a 2nd round pick. Charles Barkley (who usually bashes NY) even said that he feels he is the best rookie this year other than Griffin. What do u guys think ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bqHY...e_gdata_player

U MAD ?

nope, as long as wall stays healthy, he's the number 2 guy. for a lot of reasons. why cant you just enjoy your nice, young player and not worry about how he stacks up to everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by thekmp211 View Post
    nope, as long as wall stays healthy, he's the number 2 guy. for a lot of reasons. why cant you just enjoy your nice, young player and not worry about how he stacks up to everyone else?
    did you not read the thread title?

Not even close, it would obviously be Wall, ROY is based more on stats then how well you help you team (Fields is so far from the reason the knicks are relevant) The fact that he is a 2nd rounder means he is the biggest steal of the draft, not rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
    yes. i did. did you read what i wrote?

griffin is playing this year. wall is 2, his question is essentially is landry fields the second best rookie this year. my answer is, no, he isn't, and he wouldn't win the award over wall if griffin had played last year.

the question has been asked 1000 times on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
    Umm yes, we all read the thread title, if BG played last year would blah blah blah, not if Wall and BLake played yast year

I'd say for sure he would be. He is a perfect role player, not All-Star material but certainly good enough for ROY. All on a winning team. He'd get my vote if there wasn't the Blakeshow in LA.

ladies and gentlemen, john wall is averaging 9.3 assists per game..

Quote Originally Posted by thekmp211 View Post
    ladies and gentlemen, john wall is averaging 9.3 assists per game..
    On a team that is beyond awful. It's easy to get stats on a losing team. Fields is doing all of this on a winning team. It's very impressive. Wall definitely has more talent, but Fields is playing the best. He's shooting above 50% for a SG, which is fantastic. He leads ALL NBA GUARDS in boards. And he is the absolute perfect role player. That's more impressive than stats on a losing team IMO.

it's easy to get assists on a bad team? I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Wall would win it easy. Fields does a lot of stuff that dont show up on the stat sheet. Wall is a machine. Wall is the better rookie stat wise. Fields is huge for ny but if he was on a slowed pace offensive team im not sure he would do what he does now. Either way fields has been a nice surprise, but Not ROY material even if griffen wasnt a rookie sorryguys
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Yes, but sports center doesn't show Landry fields highlights so most of these people will say Wall.

Fields has Wall beat in every cat except assists and points and he is a heck of a lot more durable

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan6197 View Post

Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    On a team that is beyond awful. It's easy to get stats on a losing team. Fields is doing all of this on a winning team. It's very impressive. Wall definitely has more talent, but Fields is playing the best. He's shooting above 50% for a SG, which is fantastic. He leads ALL NBA GUARDS in boards. And he is the absolute perfect role player. That's more impressive than stats on a losing team IMO.
    lol. so his terrible teammates make the assists easier to come by? i thought rondo only got his 13 a game because he had 4 hall of fame players to pass to? shouldnt no one be able to get assists on the wizards?

its not easy to post over 9 assists a game, period. especially as a rookie, especially when you're playing with black holes like andray blatche and nick young. so, you're just plain wrong to amount his stats to that.

fields has the luxury of literally having to do nothing besides what he is good at. wall, on the other hand, is forced to be the best player on an nba team at age 20. the learning curve is much, much steeper in his case.

throw fields on a team where he's the number one option and creator. lets see what happens. there's just no comparison.

again, i really like the guy. but you knicks fans need to be happy with what you've got and just let it be. we're all happy for you, but enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan6197 View Post
    honestly..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast