Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

PSDiscussion: Is it disrespectful to openly push for a trade?

It happens time and time again, and with the recent Melo Drama, I want to open up a discussion about this.

Are players arrogant and disrespectful when they force trades?
    What are some prime examples?
    Should professional athletes be more loyal or do some soul searching?

Let's keep this it nice.

Would the athlete allow management to pay 70 percent of the athletes contract because management Changes their mind? If the athlete is hurt shouldn't they not get paid? What would the athlete think about that? A contract is a two way agreement but athletes only see it as a one way agreement.

Melo never requested a trade, he simply told the Nuggs ahead of time that he would not be resigning with them at the end of the season. What he is doing is a helluva lot more respectful than what Lebron did.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Melo never requested a trade, he simply told the Nuggs ahead of time that he would not be resigning with them at the end of the season. What he is doing is a helluva lot more respectful than what Lebron did.
    Amen.

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

I dont think Melo is being disrespectful in this case... IF the man doesnt want to go to Nets or resign with Nuggets then whats the problem with Melo just playing out his contract and becoming a free agent? Why is the media so zeroed in on the 65 million dollar extension?

Recent example of disrespecting player is Manny vs the Red Sox and Manny vs the Dodgers

I also think the whole "then you had better surrounded me with some more talent" argument makes no sense. Athletes should be able to get money, but once a contract is signed, they can not be slacking in the final year, just because they would already like a new contract. I hate when players stop trying in contract years because they're unhappy that they haven't yet gotten a new deal. Not the case with Melo, obviously, but some guys need to get their head on straight.

no he said he wont sign the extension, basically try to play out the whole lebron fiasco in the offseason. nugs said sign the extention or we will trade you.

Never ask for a trade and never said he wanted to be anywhere else. He just didnt sign the extension because he feels he needs to keep an open mind but everyone to label him the bad guy

I respectfully disagree. LeBron left as a free agent, meaning he had the right to leave. Granted how he did it was classless and disrespectful, but at least he honored his contract. Melo's holding his own team hostage and I've seen in games, he's isn't giving it his all. I'd say what Melo's doing isn't any better than 'Bron.

I respectfully disagree. LeBron left as a free agent, meaning he had the right to leave. Granted how he did it was classless and disrespectful, but at least he honored his contract. Melo's holding his own team hostage and I've seen in games, he's isn't giving it his all. I'd say what Melo's doing isn't any better than 'Bron.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Melo told his team ahead of time. Melo didn't make his decision live on ESPN. What Melo is doing is sure the hell more respectful than what LeBron did in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Melo told his team ahead of time. Melo didn't make his decision live on ESPN. What Melo is doing is sure the hell more respectful than what LeBron did in the summer.
    I said in my post that LeBron was classless. Melo is letting the team know, yes, but he's holding the team hostage and pushing for a trade. How is that good?

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    If it weren't for "The Decision", there was nothing that Lebron did wrong. He left as a free agent.

Melo hasn't done anything wrong.

HEAT
    Spurs
    Marlins
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Gators

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    I said in my post that LeBron was classless. Melo is letting the team know, yes, but he's holding the team hostage and pushing for a trade. How is that good?
    It's good because the team can get something for him now, where as in a few months they get nothing because he is a FREE agent.

Quote Originally Posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
    If it weren't for "The Decision", there was nothing that Lebron did wrong. He left as a free agent.

Melo hasn't done anything wrong.
    What Melo's doing isn't necessarily wrong, bt it isn't really that good either. It's a sticky situation, bt that's the business, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast