Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Formation View Post
    It is interesting to see a Patriot direct a little venom towards an opponent during playoff week! You can downplay it all you want but it happened and that's the point. Now the Jets have billboard material. Just what Belichek hates.
    Somehow given his reaction to the issue in his press conference, I doubt RR puts this up on any bulletin board. And if he did, his players would more likely laugh than get pissed off.

What Welker did and what most of the Jets team that has been criticized have done are completely different. No one thinks otherwise, it seems like, beside Jets fans. Every ESPN show I watched last night didn't suggest at all that it was controversial. Nothing I can find on the internet suggests that either.

He's not making brash predictions, or boasting about how great his team is.
    He's not insulting people, or name-calling or cursing at them for that matter.
    He's not saying "it's personal" and talking about how much he hates the Jets.
    He's not questioning any opposing player's ability or legitimacy.
    And there certainly were't any malicious undertones to what he said.
    It certainly isn't "bulletin board material" either, considering if Rex did make it that, he'd just be laughed at.

I truly believe it was all in good humor. Again, I haven't heard many people say otherwise. Hell, in your own forum it doesn't even seem like anything thinks it was inappropriate.

You're comparing apples to oranges here.

You don't hear the statements "verbal assault" and "obscenity-laced" attached to what Welker said...either.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Hilarious stuff by welker.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    What Welker did and what most of the Jets team that has been criticized have done are completely different. No one thinks otherwise, it seems like, beside Jets fans. Every ESPN show I watched last night didn't suggest at all that it was controversial. Nothing I can find on the internet suggests that either.

He's not making brash predictions, or boasting about how great his team is.

Who made a prediction? Cite the source and quote please. Now you're comparing apples to oranges when they don't exist. So essentially you're making stuff up to dramaticize a point.

He's not insulting people, or name-calling or cursing at them for that matter.

Actually, his insinuation of this foot-fetish matter is directed at Rex. Do you deny that? Welker isn't praising the Jets like Rex praised Belichek. Or is that comparing apples to oranges?

He's not saying "it's personal" and talking about how much he hates the Jets.

Again, show me a quote where Rex mentions hate for the Patriots. More drama from you to make a point. That's called propaganda. In the real world, Tom Brady was the first to claim he "hates" the Jets. How quickly we forget.

He's not questioning any opposing player's ability or legitimacy.

Nor did Rex. Show me again where Rex questions a player's ability. Show me! More lies. Show me where he questions someone's legitimacy. He calls Brady among the best in the league!

And there certainly were't any malicious undertones to what he said.
    It certainly isn't "bulletin board material" either, considering if Rex did make it that, he'd just be laughed at.

I'm not going to judge that. I'd ask Rex. How the hell do you know? I've just never seen a Patriot during a playoff week let out a little steam like that. It's uncharacteristic not only of Welker but a Patriot.
    I truly believe it was all in good humor. Again, I haven't heard many people say otherwise. Hell, in your own forum it doesn't even seem like anything thinks it was inappropriate.

Maybe so. Again, it was personally directed at Rex. We'll see how he responds.

You're comparing apples to oranges here.

And you're making crap up.

You don't hear the statements "verbal assault" and "obscenity-laced" attached to what Welker said...either.
    I never claimed he did. What's your point? You want me to apologize for Cromartie? Gimme a break.
    Last edited by Jet Formation; 01-14-2011 at 01:12 PM.

It is interesting to see a Patriot direct a little venom towards an opponent during playoff week! You can downplay it all you want but it happened and that's the point. Now the Jets have billboard material. Just what Belichek hates.
    So you think Wes put a foot in his mouth with his comedy act then? I can't see how this could be considered 'billboard material' at all. If the j-e-t-s want it to be who really cares, they are still going to be knocked the F out of the playoffs by their rivals. Suck on them toes!
    Memories in the Making. Be Here

Now just think about what you just said.

All the Jets players walk into the locker room to find: "Wes Welker made fun of Coach's foot fetish" on the bulletin board.

Now what is there motivated reaction going to be? "Oh yeah, now it's on, no one makes fun of my coach's weird sexual fetishes!" or "Let's go guys! We are gonna stomp on them for insulting our coach for something weird that he does!!!"

Rex would probably be embarrassed to put anything in reference to this up on the bulletin board.

I love this, if anything it just goes to show you the difference in intelligence of the players on the two teams. While Cromartie is just flat out saying things like "#$%& Brady" and "Brady is an *******", Welker is taking a little jab at Ryan in a subtle way that if it wasn't for the media pointing it out to them, half the thug Jets wouldn't even have caught on to. I believe someone is still explaining it as we speak to Cromartie and Braylon Edwards.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

Anybody hear about this contest Toucher & Rich are running...they've got 7 seats together in the 1st and 2nd row right behind the Jets bench...and they were "interviewing" people this morning who could dress up crazy and get on TV and heckle the Jets all afternoon.

I had to get into work, but last I was listening it seemed like the contenders mostly were riffing off this foot incident...so don't be surprised if you see a group of giant feet riding the Jets all afternoon!

I was thinking the same thing mooz.

How effective is it for Rex to use his own foot fetish as motivation? Welker played that one nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLearnYourself View Post
    I was thinking the same thing mooz.

How effective is it for Rex to use his own foot fetish as motivation? Welker played that one nicely.
    We'll see. I actually disagree. Welker was a smart-*** and disrespected the Jets head coach. And trust me, the Jets players love their head coach. It may seem like nothing to the casual fan but I think it will be used. We may never know. We'll agree to disagree.
    At this point, it doesn't much matter. Both teams will be going after one another with everything they have.

Quote Originally Posted by mooz View Post
    Now just think about what you just said.

All the Jets players walk into the locker room to find: "Wes Welker made fun of Coach's foot fetish" on the bulletin board.

Now what is there motivated reaction going to be? "Oh yeah, now it's on, no one makes fun of my coach's weird sexual fetishes!" or "Let's go guys! We are gonna stomp on them for insulting our coach for something weird that he does!!!"

Rex would probably be embarrassed to put anything in reference to this up on the bulletin board.

I love this, if anything it just goes to show you the difference in intelligence of the players on the two teams. While Cromartie is just flat out saying things like "#$%& Brady" and "Brady is an *******", Welker is taking a little jab at Ryan in a subtle way that if it wasn't for the media pointing it out to them, half the thug Jets wouldn't even have caught on to. I believe someone is still explaining it as we speak to Cromartie and Braylon Edwards.
    Okay...you're football players are smarter. Feel better now? Whoop-de-frickin-doooo!!!!!!!!
    Let's have football Jeopardy, okay? My team is smarter than yours! Ha!
    This might be one of the weakest points not associated to the topic that I've seen in a long time. Do me a favor and stick to the point next time, huh?

Well played #83, well played indeed.

Should be an awesome atmosphere Sunday afternoon. Cannot wait for football this weekend.

He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

Wes Welker is the man.

Okay...you're football players are smarter. Feel better now? Whoop-de-frickin-doooo!!!!!!!!
    Let's have football Jeopardy, okay? My team is smarter than yours! Ha!
    This might be one of the weakest points not associated to the topic that I've seen in a long time. Do me a favor and stick to the point next time, huh?
    Stick to the point? Your point was that Welker's comments would be bulletin board material for the Jets to motivate their players.

My point is that it's not bulletin board material because it's not motivational at all and more or less just embarrassing for the coach.

I'm kinda wondering if you even read anything but the last couple sentences of my post.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

I dk but am thinking everyone may have some type of fettish that they may or may not want to share . Some would be embarased by it but knowing about RR he is in touch with his sexuality and his feet are well grounded.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' with the amount up to, and sometimes including, their life.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

LMAO this is good ******* by Welker. As a Jet fan, I wasn't pissed off at him. It's just funny, not vindictive. Didn't know that, outside of Tom, the other guys had personality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast