Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wes Welker Press Conference

During Wes' most recent press conference, he mentioned something about feet, foot, or toes 11 times . It's not definite but it looks like a subtle/ playful shot at Rex and the Jets without being disrespectful like some of the Jets guys are doing.

Here is a link to the video (it was the only one I could find)

http://deadspin.com/5732917/wes-welk...ess-conference
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

very funny

Haha. I like it. Light-hearted, subtle jabs.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Best one: "We're going out there being good little foot soldiers."

subroc Guest
    made up story line...

typical media bu!!$h!t

haha I loved it. I literally just watched it on ESPN. Great, creative fun by Wes there.

Awesome stuff... haha

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

LOL very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Agar81 View Post
    During Wes' most recent press conference, he mentioned something about feet, foot, or toes 11 times . It's not definite but it looks like a subtle/ playful shot at Rex and the Jets without being disrespectful like some of the Jets guys are doing.

Here is a link to the video (it was the only one I could find)

http://deadspin.com/5732917/wes-welk...ess-conference
    Looks like Rex is getting to them. But of course this not so subtle method of attack is appropriate according to Pat fans. It meets their seal of approval and is somehow "better" than Rex and those disrespectful Jet fans.
    If I had a dollar for the implied "this is how you do it" condescending tone spoken from a Pat fan, I'd be rich by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Formation View Post
    Looks like Rex is getting to them. But of course this not so subtle method of attack is appropriate according to Pat fans. It meets their seal of approval and is somehow "better" than Rex and those disrespectful Jet fans.
    If I had a dollar for the implied "this is how you do it" condescending tone spoken from a Pat fan, I'd be rich by now.
    Please stop, your Ridiculous. Rex is getting to noone in fact its looks to be the complete opposite. Every "jab" Ryan and his little punk jets take at Bill, Brady, or the Pats is met with jokes or light hearted fun.
    This is how id wish you'd do it hide under a rock after sundays game. I

Why can't you just look at this as what it is? It's something funny that Welker did. It's not like he came out and called Mark Sanchez or Revis or Tomlinson, etc. an ******* or anything. He was just having a little fun.

Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

Its just give and take. Jets fans have no issue with Rex, who takes little jabs, but nothing too severe. Personally I laugh at it and think its pretty funny. Now Cromartie on the other hand was out of line, but that was also accepted by both the Jets organization and their fans (largely anyway). So for Wes to infuse the mentioning of feet a few times into his answers as a subtle return jab to Rex was just funny. Its a funny for funny echange to me. But I wouldn't press Pats fans on condescention if the Cromartie thing is going to be let go. That just doesn't add up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by poppa12645 View Post
    Please stop, your Ridiculous. Rex is getting to noone in fact its looks to be the complete opposite. Every "jab" Ryan and his little punk jets take at Bill, Brady, or the Pats is met with jokes or light hearted fun.
    This is how id wish you'd do it hide under a rock after sundays game. I
    It is interesting to see a Patriot direct a little venom towards an opponent during playoff week! You can downplay it all you want but it happened and that's the point. Now the Jets have billboard material. Just what Belichek hates.

Quote Originally Posted by The Intimidator View Post
    Why can't you just look at this as what it is? It's something funny that Welker did. It's not like he came out and called Mark Sanchez or Revis or Tomlinson, etc. an ******* or anything. He was just having a little fun.
    I didn't say I had a problem with Welker - it's refreshing to see a player get off his leash once in a while and have fun in New England. My beef was with the justification of this act and the condemnation of anything Rex says. I still haven't seen anything offensive directedfrom Rex to New England or Tommy Boy. His brother coached there and got 2 rings and they both admire Bill. It's just kind of funny how you all's **** doesn't ever stink. But in reality, what Welker did was personal. You can't even argue that, subtle or not. But if Welker does it, it's just light-hearted humor, right? If this came from Rex, it's WWIII. You don't have to admit that (just continue downplaying it like a blind fan), I already recognize it as most neutral fans. It's a double standard that arrogancy breeds.
    Last edited by Jet Formation; 01-14-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast