Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How to stay sane when your team(s) suck

I consider myself somewhat of an expert in the field of keeping your sanity when your team is awful. As a fan of the Kings, Bobcats, and 49ers I've had plenty of practice with it. Here are some tips to keep from losing hope in humanity:

-Laughter. Make fun of how bad your team or a certain player on your team is.

Example: Earlier this year I made my sig a short bus and said that's what Jason Thompson rode to the games (he's certifiably ********).

-Lower expectations. So you thought your team was going to make the playoffs. Woops.
    Example: The Kings are awful...like really awful. Instead of my expectations being an improvement over last year, I will instead consider it a "win" if they get the ball over half court. I'm usually pleased.

-Draft position.
    Unless you are a fan of the Bobcats like I am, high draft picks usually (key word is usually. Hi Adam Morrison) net good players. After yet another loss, proclaim that your team will get a higher draft pick. If by some miracle they do win, then just be happy they actually won. It's a win win.

-Root for the players, not the team.
    Even bad teams have some good players. Just hope that some of your favorite players on your team have a good game.
    Example: The 49ers just gave the Carolina Panthers their first win of the season and I had to watch David Carr throw a football. Well...at least Vernon Davis had a TD and 120 yards receiving.

-Hope that you have Hilton Armstrong on your team to provide you with entertainment.
    Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljq59M9xXjA

-Rally against a really ****** player on your team with your fellow team posters.

Example: Andres Nocioni with the Kings last year. AWFUL. We made it through by making fun of him as much as possible and dreaming of the joy we will get seeing him traded.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 01-13-2011 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

id go with the lower my expectations im gunna be there soon..... when timmy leaves thats what ima do. im gunna be like a crack fiend that goes cold turkey
    »\_(ツ)_/»

I like to say "Damn........THE NET'S BLOW!!! The NET'S SUCK!!!" Then when they look good or even get a win I can be happy.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

I am a Warriors and 49ers fan. life sucks for me. . atleast the 49ers have a dynasty which keeps me sane
    Last edited by asandhu23; 01-13-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Ok lets lower the expectations.

beat the heat in 5 in the finals instead of sweeping
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    I am a Warriors and 49ers fan. life sucks for me.
    im sorry man.....
    »\_(ツ)_/»

i am/was the same way

Kings
    49ers
    Giants (they sucked for a longgggggggggggggg time)

somehow the giants won this year and enabled me to allow for more sucking longer with the kings and 49ers
    Want me to make you a painting similar to this vvvvvv?? Message me and we can work something out

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    The Lions defense is better than SF...run, pass, whatever...they are badder and better... Cook the stats however you want to say SF is better at stopping the run or whatever but the Lions defense is better at winning games.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't bring the real facts you are looking for.
    Here it is:
    5-0

I'm very experienced in this topic as well, and use some of the same tactics.

Luckily, my team does have Hilton Armstrong. Watching him try to do some things, is usually entertainment in his own right. I think they should make a show that's just Hilton Armstrong running around a gym and shooting a basketball, it would most likely be more entertaining than any Wizards game.

As for rooting for players: As a Wizards and Redskins fan, i have very few selections of "good young players" to root for. I'm a John Wall/Nick Young/Javale McGee fan for the Wiz, and a Brandon Banks/Orakpo/Torain fan for the Redskins.

Watching Andray Blatche and Rex Grossman start games is nearly enough to make me sick, but anytime they fail, i get a good kick out of it, due to my hatred for them.

Sadly as a Redskins fan, i can't do the whole draft pick thing, because we usually trade ours for the likes of Donovan McNabb, or some other awful bust of a veteran.

And i like the Orioles and Nationals. Few things are redeeming in being a fan for these teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SFGiants4life View Post
    i am/was the same way

Kings
    49ers
    Giants (they sucked for a longgggggggggggggg time)

somehow the giants won this year and enabled me to allow for more sucking longer with the kings and 49ers
    The Giants very well may have saved your life. Let's hope Jim Harbaugh can save mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

I am a Wolves and Texans fan.

210Don, nobody is going to give your 20ish butt any sympathy as a Spurs fan hahahaha.

j/k homie

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am a Wolves and Texans fan.

210Don, nobody is going to give your 20ish butt any sympathy as a Spurs fan hahahaha.

j/k homie
    true. but when the spurs suck there my only team in sa!!!! lol ima needa pick up a football team at least the rangers are good lol
    »\_(ツ)_/»

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    As a Knicks and Mets fan, I fully support the first and last points. Laughter is the best medicine, and nothing makes games watchable more than the ability to hate on Oliver Perez and Starbury/Curry.

I like turtles.

Agree on all points with Derek! As a Bengals fan, it really helps doing these things.

pacer/raider fan its been a bad decade. i agree with the tips
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/09/14/f2/0914f2cf5ac6d8b066b2429f8316ab51.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast