Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A ton of guys come straight from Double A to the ML's. RS have a penchant for that also. AA ball is just younger guys - talent rich-

Not like AAA is the elite more a place for journeymen or storage of spare parts. Sometimes used to season guys. AA is more prepare and work on things ....but both leagues supply players.

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    I hope so.. I live basically across the st from Hadlock field and I like watching the kid play
    Hey Ruckus! I live about a half hour from you! On a related note... Are the girls in your sig locals?

Maybe its a move so the have some one after they trade Scutaro or Lowrie. If so hope its Scutaro

Quote Originally Posted by gafrwvsox View Post
    Maybe its a move so the have some one after they trade Scutaro or Lowrie. If so hope its Scutaro
    Pretty unlikely. If you look at the Sox M.O. for the past few seasons they have always tried to carry an handful of guys with MLB experience at PAW as emergency backups. Probably not more than that.

I think that moving Scutaro is quite possible. I just doubt that it's the motivating force.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'papi View Post
    A ton of guys come straight from Double A to the ML's. RS have a penchant for that also. AA ball is just younger guys - talent rich-

Not like AAA is the elite more a place for journeymen or storage of spare parts. Sometimes used to season guys. AA is more prepare and work on things ....but both leagues supply players.
    This is definitely true. One guy (I forget who) characterized the difference between AAA and AA as the amount of MLB experience. The trend of direct promotions from AA has slowed in the last few years, though, as the emphasis on keeping club/cost controlled guys has increased. It still happens but not as frequently as it did in the mid 2000s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12