Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Anyone ever think that Rex's defense scheme has hid all the problems ours has? Like seriously, I look at the problems we have on defense and I do not see an elite defense. But somehow we still rank high in the majority of categories? Anyone want to explain that magic to me?

Perhaps Rex is the reason why we are even in the playoffs and not 6-10.
    I think defensive stats are very misleading jetsforever. The Cleveland Browns are allowing less points per game than we are, but are ranked 21st. The Giants are ranked 6th, but are giving up 16 most PPG in the NFL at 22.2.

I think we can all agree that the Jets defense has regressed mightily this season. We have given up what, 3 times as many receiving TD's this season than last year. The Jets defense, no matter how you look at it jetsforever, is nowhere near as dominant as last season; and, it all starts with a lack of a pass rush.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I think defensive stats are very misleading jetsforever. The Cleveland Browns are allowing less points per game than we are, but are ranked 21st. The Giants are ranked 6th, but are giving up 16 most PPG in the NFL at 22.2.

I think we can all agree that the Jets defense has regressed mightily this season. We have given up what, 3 times as many receiving TD's this season than last year. The Jets defense, no matter how you look at it jetsforever, is nowhere near as dominant as last season; and, it all starts with a lack of a pass rush.
    Oh, I never said we were some elite defense. We definatly aren't. But our team all around on the defensive side has degressed and it's pretty obvious. Some of it is due to age (Shaun Ellis, Jason Taylor, perhaps Pace) but the pass rush has collapsed and there are a ton of issues with this defense, yet they still do manage to do a good job a lot of the time.

I'm just saying, I think if another system is in place and these guys are under another head coach, it would be even worse and we would probably have one of the worst defenses. Rex's scheme seems to hide the majority of times, our huge flaws.

I am sorry, but this defense sucks because we have some horrible players. We have star players that can stop the #1 receiving threat and the #2 receiving threat. We have 2 LBs and DTs that are great at stoping the run.

Yet we still get torched. Big plays. It shows you that we have the worst safeties, the worst nickle and dime CBs, and the worst pass rushers in the league. Maybe not the worst, but close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    I am sorry, but this defense sucks because we have some horrible players. We have star players that can stop the #1 receiving threat and the #2 receiving threat. We have 2 LBs and DTs that are great at stoping the run.

Yet we still get torched. Big plays. It shows you that we have the worst safeties, the worst nickle and dime CBs, and the worst pass rushers in the league. Maybe not the worst, but close to it.
    I agree there are too many big plays being given up, but like has been said numerous times before, the pass rush really exposes the issues more than they really are. Any secondary is going to look bad when a QB has all day to throw the football.

Let's be honest here Jet fans, who on the Jets d-line scares you right now? Here is what we are looking at:

Mike Devito
    Sione Pouha
    Kris Jenkins
    Shaun Ellis
    Trevor Pryce
    Marcus Dixon
    Vernon Gholston
    Jarron Gilbert
    Ropati Pitoitua

Ellis, Jenkins, Pouha, and Pryce are all in their 30's and quite frankly, the rest of the line is nothing more than situational personel. I mean heck, the Carolina Panthers are 2-13 and I would probably take their d-line over ours right now. And say what you will, but that is sad. Charles Johnson, one of the Panthers defensive ends has 12 sacks; Our entire d-line (and by that I mean actually d-lineman, not LB/DE like Taylor, Thomas, Pace, etc) has 9.
    Eichel Tower

seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    He's lost us numerous games on dumb coaching calls. His pride D can't even get a decent pass rush. He sends an all out blitz and yet the RB runs right up the middle.

I lost a little faith in Rexy....I have to admit.
    Rex Ryan is the best thing that has happened to this franchise since Parcells, U should remove that idiotic post.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I agree there are too many big plays being given up, but like has been said numerous times before, the pass rush really exposes the issues more than they really are. Any secondary is going to look bad when a QB has all day to throw the football.

Let's be honest here Jet fans, who on the Jets d-line scares you right now? Here is what we are looking at:

Mike Devito
    Sione Pouha
    Kris Jenkins
    Shaun Ellis
    Trevor Pryce
    Marcus Dixon
    Vernon Gholston
    Jarron Gilbert
    Ropati Pitoitua

Ellis, Jenkins, Pouha, and Pryce are all in their 30's and quite frankly, the rest of the line is nothing more than situational personel. I mean heck, the Carolina Panthers are 2-13 and I would probably take their d-line over ours right now. And say what you will, but that is sad. Charles Johnson, one of the Panthers defensive ends has 12 sacks; Our entire d-line (and by that I mean actually d-lineman, not LB/DE like Taylor, Thomas, Pace, etc) has 9.
    Jarron Gilbert will be a guy to look out for next year. He was using this season to learn the schemes and get in shape. Marcus Dixon might be another guy as well. But I agree we're gonna need someone who can get to the QB on 3 and 4 man rushes. I would look into an NT for the line, although a 3-4 DE would be nice too. Pouha, Devito, Pitoitua, Gilbert and Dixon will all be here next year, more then likely. Jenkins too if he restructures.

3-4 OLB and Safety are the most pressing needs. I would even settle for a ILB who can jump in and cover someone or get to the QB. They need to give young guys like Westerman, Muaga, Dixon and Gilbert more reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post

dude in no way does our Defense suck...We have great CB's,Good ILB's, ok D-line and ok safeties but we just dont have pass rush if we give any QB in the NFL as much time as we have they all will kill us and us lacking that 1 aspect is literally killing us and making everything way harder then it should be..We need to address this in the draft

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

Rex makes questionable calls, but I generally like his aggressiveness and there is no reason for him to be on the hot seat, that's absurd. Last year we nearly made the SB, and this year only the collapse in New England made me upset. We have had struggles with D, but that's because the pass rush is non-existent, even with all these blitzes. Draft, FA, whatever, the pass rush really needs to be addressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    As far as talent goes, without a doubt Melo is the best player the knicks have ever had. I think Melo is the best player in the league right now so i think after he wins us a ring this year he would have to be considered the best knick ever. Melo will become the new Jordan of the league we are so lucky to have him!!!

I think today's game against Buffalo was a perfect example of how good the secondary can look when you have a consistent pass rush, even with our two best CBs just watching the game and not playing. The defense had 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, constant QB pressures so that numerous passes were off target since the plays did not have time to develop or the QB was heaving it in desperation, numerous other passes defensed when they DID get to the receiver, and with constant hits on the QB making him gunshy. That was the Buffalo first string offensive line we played against all day, and with many second stringers in for the Jets all game, (admittedly, the Buffalo defensive line is not that good). With pressure like that, I don't care what QB is back there, they are going to look and play horrible. Even Brady in the 2nd game of the season which was the last time we generated this type of the QB pressure, looked and played BAD. It literally didn't matter today WHO the QB would have been this day, or WHO the wider receivers were, with that kind of pressure the Jets defense front created, the Jets secondary would look good ...
    Last edited by Titan_Fan; 01-02-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456