Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    Our wins are questionable though.

Our 2nd year QB has 5 comeback wins which is SECOND in the league right now.

We have only beaten 2 teams with +.500 record this year.

Every player on our roster not named Sanchez and Edwards are worse players than they were last year. Key guys for whatever reason are just not showing up.

This is what I know. This years Sanchez with last years defense probably would win the superbowl this year.

Last year, we were fortunate to make the playoffs.

I am not going to lie. I honestly believe that if BB, Cowher, JH, Tomlin, etc were our coach... we would have 2 more wins.
    I just don't think we have a roster that screams out super bowl potential right now. I thought we did at the beginning of the season because I thought we'd be able to bring pressure from Calvin Pace, Brodney Pool would play much better, Kris Jenkins would stay healthy, and Schotty's great playcalling from the playoffs would carry over to this season. But none of that has really happened (schotty's playcalling has only been good for a few games).

This again....WTF?

Seriously, look in the forums of any other 11 playoff teams and tell me if anyone is complaining about their situation?

Would you rather be a fan of JAX? BUF? MIA? I hope so because you are not a welcome fan here!!!!

I think the problem is that a lot of fans got their hopes and expectations up to an unreasonable level. Last year, we snuck into the playoffs at 9-7, and no one knew that we would win against Cincy and SD like that. Rex and Schotty certainly have their moments where they look oblivious, but overall they have both done a solid job in two season with a young QB in there. You know you have a good team when you are slightly disappointed with a 10 or 11 win season and a wildcard spot as opposed to a division title. As Jets fans, we need to take it one step at a time and be grateful that we are in the position to win the Super Bowl again....anything can happen. By the way, the offensive line and Sanchez are really playing well...and I think Shonn Green is going to be huge in the playoffs again.

I don't know how anyone could call for Rex's head. 2 years, 2 playoff berths. 1 half away from the Super Bowl. New York fans...

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    I just don't think we have a roster that screams out super bowl potential right now. I thought we did at the beginning of the season because I thought we'd be able to bring pressure from Calvin Pace, Brodney Pool would play much better, Kris Jenkins would stay healthy, and Schotty's great playcalling from the playoffs would carry over to this season. But none of that has really happened (schotty's playcalling has only been good for a few games).
    But that is my point. Somehow our guys got significantly worse. Revis, Harris, Mangold, Scott, Leanord, Greene, etc. Almost everyone except Sanchez.

Those are our core guys. None of them are so old that one year should make a difference. Something changed. Was Rex lucky last season? Did we not prepare enough this season? Either way, it is a demerit for Rex.

I know Sanchez's stats aren't amazing. But we watched the games. He has 5 comeback wins which is second in the league right now. How many TD catches were dropped? Seriously, I can remember 5 of them right off the bat. You might think I am crazy, but Sanchez IMO has been the teams mvp.

I just can't believe how much worse each player is playing. And I realize that the pass rush is killing our DBs. But the DB's have not taken advantage this year when our front 7 plays well. I realize the oline has been banged up. I realize that our running game is not as efficient as it looks on paper. But I expected more.

Sanchez cannot get a break with these WRs.
    Our DBs can't get a break with our pass rush.
    Our LB's can't get a break with these safeties.

At some point you have to look at the coach and ask, wtf happened to these guys?

I question his ability to see talent. He pretty much ran Rhodes out of town. He talked about how good Kyle Wilson and John Conner were going to be this year during hard knocks. He plays guys like Smith over Lowery. He considered benching the QB. He takes Greene's job because of one game?

The penalties. The off the field incidents. The game calling by himself. His challenging.

Its all questionable in my mind. He doesn't belong on the hot seat. But is he has good as we think? I have to question it based on this year.

haha wow im just shocked by this question...2 years with ok teams and brougth both to the playoffs and or core if young enough where if next offseason we find pass rushers we are legit contenders....Rex has turned this franchise around the Jets are no joke anyore and until rex leaves I feel it wil be like that for a while...I love him and his coaching style and in no way do I want him going newhere

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

But that is my point. Somehow our guys got significantly worse. Revis, Harris, Mangold, Scott, Leanord, Greene, etc. Almost everyone except Sanchez.
    I completely disagree here. Revis has been Revis once he got completely healthy. Harris has done what he's always done. He's been a great player who can blitz and stop the run. He's always been a coverage liability. Ditto for Scott and Leonhard. Mangold has been a rock at center once again. Greene struggled earlier in the year but lets keep in mind this is his second year here. Today he had over 5-6 yards a carry.

Those are our core guys. None of them are so old that one year should make a difference. Something changed. Was Rex lucky last season? Did we not prepare enough this season? Either way, it is a demerit for Rex.
    Except those aren't the guys who have been a problem this year. It's the other players.

I know Sanchez's stats aren't amazing. But we watched the games. He has 5 comeback wins which is second in the league right now. How many TD catches were dropped? Seriously, I can remember 5 of them right off the bat. You might think I am crazy, but Sanchez IMO has been the teams mvp.
    Honestly I'm not gonna disagree with you. But again, I've thought our Wide Receivers were overrated for the past few weeks now.

I just can't believe how much worse each player is playing. And I realize that the pass rush is killing our DBs. But the DB's have not taken advantage this year when our front 7 plays well. I realize the oline has been banged up. I realize that our running game is not as efficient as it looks on paper. But I expected more.
    As far as our defense goes, when our front 7 played well, our coverage allowed pretty much nothing. A good example i can bring up is the bengals game, which considering we had to cover TO, Ocho Cinco, Shipley, etc... is no easy task.

As far as our offense, I think the past few weeks we have run so much better with Greene and LT. I think it's up to Schotty to call more plays for Greene than LT.

At some point you have to look at the coach and ask, wtf happened to these guys?
    I can't blame Cotchery's sudden penchant for dropping passes, or the fact that Braylon has nothing going on in between his ears, or Holmes' inconsistency on Rex. It's up to the players to execute.

I question his ability to see talent. He pretty much ran Rhodes out of town. He talked about how good Kyle Wilson and John Conner were going to be this year during hard knocks. He plays guys like Smith over Lowery. He considered benching the QB. He takes Greene's job because of one game?
    His problem with Rhodes was that he felt he could be so much better, which he could be, but wasn't truly dedicated to getting better, which I wouldn't say is really all that far-fetched. My biggest issue isn't Rhodes himself being traded, but that he wasn't properly replaced. And he doesn't have to see talent, it's his job to take the talent that's given to him by Mike Tannenbaum and parlay that into results. Complain about the defense all you want, and I will admit that there are alot of flaws. But points wise and yards wise, we're fifth best in the NFL in those defensive categories. That's good coaching.

The penalties. The off the field incidents. The game calling by himself. His challenging.
    The penalties are overblown. On defense we have the least fewest penalties. On offense we're 8th. That's about middle of the pack. It's not a huge issue. The off field incidents are also overblown because its the NY media. Honestly, do you really care about his foot fetish? In a media that loves to scrutinize and look at players who cheat on their wives, its pretty hypocritical to me that something he did with his wife is getting so much attention. I'll give you the challenges, he needs to improve on when to use them.

Its all questionable in my mind. He doesn't belong on the hot seat. But is he has good as we think? I have to question it based on this year.
    I like to look at what he's given to work with and the results. I did not think we were gonna be a 14-2 team coming into this season. I felt like this was an 11-5 type team who probably would be second in the division to NE but would get a wild card spot. Maybe your expectations were higher, but I really don't think the roster that he was given was a 14-2 roster.

But let's look at the facts, his first year we made it to the AFC Championship. His second year we have a playoff spot clinched early and we're in a position to rest our players in the final game of the season. Take a good look at the rest of the league and understand that with the exception of 3-4 teams, every other team would love to have Rex Ryan as a coach.

I'm not saying that Rex needs to go, because I love him as our coach. But i do think he needs to mature and grow up as a coach, because some of his decisions are absolutely terrible. You won't see belichick go for it on 4th and 6 in their own territory in the middle of the 3rd quarter where they have the lead. He needs to work on time management, and find some pass rush please!
    twitter.com/heymangold

Quote Originally Posted by mrnclss View Post
    I'm not saying that Rex needs to go, because I love him as our coach. But i do think he needs to mature and grow up as a coach, because some of his decisions are absolutely terrible. You won't see belichick go for it on 4th and 6 in their own territory in the middle of the 3rd quarter where they have the lead. He needs to work on time management, and find some pass rush please!
    no, but you did see him go for a 4th and 2 in his own territory with the lead in the 4th quarter against the colts last year

Rex isnt going anywhere. he's gonna take us to a Super Bowl just give it some time guys

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    I completely disagree here. Revis has been Revis once he got completely healthy. Harris has done what he's always done. He's been a great player who can blitz and stop the run. He's always been a coverage liability. Ditto for Scott and Leonhard. Mangold has been a rock at center once again. Greene struggled earlier in the year but lets keep in mind this is his second year here. Today he had over 5-6 yards a carry.

Except those aren't the guys who have been a problem this year. It's the other players.

Honestly I'm not gonna disagree with you. But again, I've thought our Wide Receivers were overrated for the past few weeks now.

As far as our defense goes, when our front 7 played well, our coverage allowed pretty much nothing. A good example i can bring up is the bengals game, which considering we had to cover TO, Ocho Cinco, Shipley, etc... is no easy task.

As far as our offense, I think the past few weeks we have run so much better with Greene and LT. I think it's up to Schotty to call more plays for Greene than LT.

I can't blame Cotchery's sudden penchant for dropping passes, or the fact that Braylon has nothing going on in between his ears, or Holmes' inconsistency on Rex. It's up to the players to execute.

His problem with Rhodes was that he felt he could be so much better, which he could be, but wasn't truly dedicated to getting better, which I wouldn't say is really all that far-fetched. My biggest issue isn't Rhodes himself being traded, but that he wasn't properly replaced. And he doesn't have to see talent, it's his job to take the talent that's given to him by Mike Tannenbaum and parlay that into results. Complain about the defense all you want, and I will admit that there are alot of flaws. But points wise and yards wise, we're fifth best in the NFL in those defensive categories. That's good coaching.

The penalties are overblown. On defense we have the least fewest penalties. On offense we're 8th. That's about middle of the pack. It's not a huge issue. The off field incidents are also overblown because its the NY media. Honestly, do you really care about his foot fetish? In a media that loves to scrutinize and look at players who cheat on their wives, its pretty hypocritical to me that something he did with his wife is getting so much attention. I'll give you the challenges, he needs to improve on when to use them.

I like to look at what he's given to work with and the results. I did not think we were gonna be a 14-2 team coming into this season. I felt like this was an 11-5 type team who probably would be second in the division to NE but would get a wild card spot. Maybe your expectations were higher, but I really don't think the roster that he was given was a 14-2 roster.

But let's look at the facts, his first year we made it to the AFC Championship. His second year we have a playoff spot clinched early and we're in a position to rest our players in the final game of the season. Take a good look at the rest of the league and understand that with the exception of 3-4 teams, every other team would love to have Rex Ryan as a coach.
    No they are worse. Revis has 9 PD this year. He had 31 last year. This isn't as simple as QBs not throwing the ball to him. Last year he covered the opposing teams go to guy. So Qbs were forced to throw it to him in many cases. Revis is still a top corner, but last year he was the best.

Harris is a shell of himself IMO. He was a play maker last season. Big sacks. Big tackles. LBs are going to get their numbers by default. But he made plays last season. This season, he looks like an average LB out there.

Scott, again, is a shell of himself. How many tackles for a loss did he have last year? Like 13? How many times did he blow up blocks? He is not the same player. When it comes to LBs, you can't just look at the numbers.

Pace... nothing needs to be said. He played like a probowler last year... this year he played like a practice sqauder.

Mangold, dominated last year. This year, he looked good, not dominant. This is with Slauson being a better LG than Faneca and Moore having a great season. Red flag. But he was injured for some games.

Greene averaged 5 yards a carry last year. Now he is at 4. Common that is huge.

JL... are you kidding? He was a great pressure guy last year. He lived in the backfield (for a safety). This year he was a liability in everything.

Core guys not playing like they did last year. Its understandable for some. But all of them? That is a red flag to me.

You talk about our front 7 playing well? Haaa. They have been nonexistent in about half our games.

Just look back before this season. We talked about holes at DE and S.

Now look at what we are talking about. I seriously think we need to replace about 6 starters on D. 3 starters on O. Like I said, WTF happened?

The entire reason we watch the jets and support them is in hopes they can win a superbowl that is the end all goal. From what i saw today we have an extremely talented team that is being held back by terrible coaching. As much as i love rex his coaching calls during the game is unbelievably bad. Hes becoming a liability for the team. And now with this foot fetish thing its all just added distractions that our team doesnt need. Rex Ryan is a cartoon character who is all bark and no bite. The reason we have had the success we had is one we beaten terrible teams aside from the steelers two the players are without a doubt very talented and three is a whole lot of luck. Does anyone honestly believe that if this team had a coach like bellichick or ditka or cowher guys that demand respect from their team and make solid calls due to extensive preparation during the week would have lost the games we have? no chance. Rex is gonna really have to get his stuff together otherwise i say hes not the answer and we need to look elsewhere.

Rex in the hot seat, No!

Schotty in the hot seat, Yes!!!

no joke this may be one of the worst threads ive ever seen on any forum

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post

Revis has played pretty good overall....problem is we expect him to be lights out all the time, someone makes a few catches and it is a bad game for him.

Harris/Scott - Play good doing what they do best, plugging holes and making tackles. Neither are exceptionally good in coverage, or in Blitzing, and we knew that going in.

Mangold has been on point all year...dont know why you listed him???

Leonhard - Liability in coverage, but makes EVERY tackle!

^ Dead on

I question his ability to see talent. He pretty much ran Rhodes out of town. (Rhodes ran himself out of town) He talked about how good Kyle Wilson and John Conner were going to be this year during hard knocks. (Wilson has been decent, nickel is toughest DB to play. Connor is 2nd to a HOF FB) He plays guys like Smith over Lowery. He considered benching the QB. He takes Greene's job because of one game? (A. Tomlinson earned the job. B. Greene fumbles often which is a detriment to the team. Did you see Holmes get benched yesterday? Green had the same issue last year, had all offseason to fix it, and failed. He lost his job, no one took it)

The penalties (Cant argue here...this is beating themselves). The off the field incidents. The game calling by himself. His challenging.

Its all questionable in my mind. He doesn't belong on the hot seat. But is he has good as we think? I have to question it based on this year. (There are still many chapters to be written about Rex. I will take the bad with the good.
    I agree with some, disagree with others...see above in BOLD for my comments.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast