Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Youks thumb injury..

Has anyone heard of the progress he has made regarding this? I haven't heard anything but being a hand injury it could affect his swing.

I was on ESPN Boston reading Schills article on how the Sox are now ahead of the Yanks and he said Youk is better than Arod which I can believe if his thumb isn't an issue.
    Last edited by larrylegend70; 12-22-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by larrylegend70 View Post
    Has anyone heard of the progress he has made regarding this? I haven't heard anything but being a hand injury it could affect his swing.

I was on ESPN Boston reading Schills article on how the Sox are now ahead of the Yanks and he said Youk is better than Arod which I can believe if his thumb isn't an issue.
    He'll Be Fine
    FIGHT OWENS FIGHT
    POWER. BOMB. EVERYBODY.

He will be fine. I mean its youk he takes balls to the body harder then this.

I found this article from back in October.

"I feel great," Youkilis said. "I've been hitting, throwing and basically I'm done with my physical therapy. It's great, I'm ready for spring training to start and basically excited to play another game."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/10/kevin-yo...-training.html

Glad everyone has the opinion "he'll be fine." I think the question was whether or not there were any reports to that effect.

I did run across an article stating that both Youk and Pedroia were doing well and either ready to resume or had already resumed baseball activities. I'll try to find it.

Hm. Can't find the link right now but here's Youk around the end of the WS saying he's nearly 100% and already hitting, fielding, etc.

Also, just found this

Pedroia is no longer wearing a protective boot after undergoing surgery to repair a fractured navicular bone in his left foot, Epstein said, echoing news that Pedroia had revealed earlier this week in a radio appearance on Boston sports radio station WEEI. He will not begin running until 12 weeks after surgery, Epstein said, noting a target date of around Dec. 1. Pedroia underwent a CT scan last week with Sox doctors, Epstein said, and there were "signs of really good healing.''
    Youkilis, who had surgery in August to repair a torn adductor muscle in his right thumb, actually hit for a week, Epstein said, and would have been game-ready had the Red Sox advanced deep into the playoffs. He'll be able to follow a normal offseason conditioning schedule. "He should be able to show up in spring training without any lingering concerns in his hand,'' Epstein said.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb...e=MLBHeadlines

Ellsbury, who played in just 18 games last season because of multiple fractured ribs, is working out at the Arizona Performance Institute and is asymptomatic, Epstein said. He, too, should be able to follow his normal offseason routine.

Cameron, who had surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle, has been showing "steady improvement," Epstein said. Members of the Red Sox medical team plan a visit to Cameron next week to assess his progress.

http://www.csnne.com/pages/v3_video?...yFxQhcwMkK6etw

click on red sox then click on the youk saying players are surprised