Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Carlos Gonzalez no question!!!

Pitchers.
    King Felix
    Clayton Kershaw(not sure we'd have to break the farm though)
    Josh Johnson
    Ubaldo Jimenez(again same as Kershaw)

Hitters:
    Obiviously Mauer, Pujols, Hamilton, Longoria, and Miggy.
    Justin Upton
    Tulowitzki
    Harper
    Heyward

Quote Originally Posted by mooz View Post
    2 out of 3 of those statements insinuate an opinion and the 3rd one was immediately followed by an opinion.

Am I allowed to read people's posts objectively and question their opinions or is this no longer a discussion board and I should just keep my mouth shut because they are fans of the same team as myself? If you'd like I can just type "You can type things! Yay for you! Go Red Sox!"

My god did this forum get up tight while I was gone...
    Right, because I said you had to be an absolute homer, and only say positive things about the Red Sox? Let's not puts words in my mouth.

I'm simply stating it's a completely opinionated thread, on who people would trade the top farm prospects for. People should be able to have an opinion without someone coming in and telling them that their opinion is incorrect.

No where did I say anything about objectivity. This thread is a complete fantasy scenario. Objectivity went out the window in the first post because no scenario in this thread is going to happen anyways.

King Felix or Miguel Cabrera

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Right, because I said you had to be an absolute homer, and only say positive things about the Red Sox? Let's not puts words in my mouth.

I'm simply stating it's a completely opinionated thread, on who people would trade the top farm prospects for. People should be able to have an opinion without someone coming in and telling them that their opinion is incorrect.

No where did I say anything about objectivity. This thread is a complete fantasy scenario. Objectivity went out the window in the first post because no scenario in this thread is going to happen anyways.
    You called me out for questioning peoples' opinions...I tried to justify my questions with my opinions. Pretty sure that's how a sports forum goes...if I don't agree with you I have the right to say "hey, I don't agree with you and this is why..."

I then asked, sarcastically, if I should just clap my hands and agree with people since I'm not supposed to question them apparently.

So where we are now is me questioning people's opinions and you saying I shouldn't do that. But, I don't know about you but I'm not the type of person that when someone says something I disagree with goes all afraid of confrontation and says "hmm, well that's your opinion" I give my reasons why I disagree then expect them to justify their opinions. Which from my experience, is typically what happens.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

Posey
    Mauer
    Puljos
    Longoria
    Cano
    Upton
    King-Felix
    Jonson

Just to name a few.. There are allot of guys I would break the farm for

Quote Originally Posted by bpmullen24 View Post
    Kenny Powers!!!
    Yes!! I would take Kenny "********" Powers, and i would be willing to eat Stevie Janowski's contract just to sweeten the deal. "El Flama Blanco" - The White Flame.
    Last edited by RedSoxtober; 12-21-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Dodging language filters

The question was who would you break the farm for, meaning tons of prospects. Some names i read are very questionable. Josh Hamilton - Nope, injury prone, Ricky Romero - really? Evan Longoria - give up some quality prospects but not the farm. Heyward, Tulowitzki, no. In my opinion it's Felix, Mauer, Posey, Josh Johnson, Bryce Harper, Ubaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by otwisted View Post
    The question was who would you break the farm for, meaning tons of prospects. Some names i read are very questionable. Josh Hamilton - Nope, injury prone, Ricky Romero - really? Evan Longoria - give up some quality prospects but not the farm. Heyward, Tulowitzki, no. In my opinion it's Felix, Mauer, Posey, Josh Johnson, Bryce Harper, Ubaldo.
    Bryce Harper???? Ubaldo???? I'd take Tulo over both of them. atleast right now, who knows what harper will become.

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    lincecum, felix, and probably strasburgh (SP?)

maybes

buster posey
    Evan Longoria (any team pretty much but the sox lol)
    jason heyward
    I wouldn't do it for Strasborg. I got to see him pitch and he was incredible, but now with TJ surgery, I wouldn't break the farm for him.

I have a question. Do you guys consider the trade for Adrian Gonzalez as breaking the farm?

Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    I have a question. Do you guys consider the trade for Adrian Gonzalez as breaking the farm?
    Not even close. 3 prospects isn't really breaking the farm, it's just weakening it.

Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    Not even close. 3 prospects isn't really breaking the farm, it's just weakening it.
    Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily call it "breaking the farm" more like denting the farm system.

There are dozens of guys to break the farm for, when you consider that our top prospect has brain damage and all of our 2010 draftees can't be traded. Not to mention, guys like Kalish Bowden and Reddick are pretty much MLB guys by now and not prospects

Dealing Iglesias Anderson Doubront and Pimental (basing off soxprospects) there's a lot of guys I'd trade for that package.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Pitchers: King Felix, Josh Johnson, Lincecum, Price, Lee

Hitters: Mauer, Longoria, Miguel Cabrera, Hamilton, Hanley Ramirez, Posey, Holliday

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast