Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    We couldn't afford King Felix .....until next year. I'd give them Dicek, Lackey, and one top prospect not named Anthony Ranaudo.

Beckett or Lackey....& Dicek. Hows that for flexibility. (one top prospect)

Quote Originally Posted by lil'papi View Post
    We couldn't afford King Felix .....until next year. I'd give them Dicek, Lackey, and one top prospect not named Anthony Ranaudo.

Beckett or Lackey....& Dicek. Hows that for flexibility. (one top prospect)
    how about we give them Beckett, Lackey and Dice K!

Can everybody stop with the Buster Posey in the lists. Breaking the farm for a catcher is just ridiculous. They have the shortest careers and the most rapid decline of any position. Yes, he'll be a stud for a handful of years but I assure you he won't be a stud as long as a Felix Hernandez, Hanley Ramirez, Carlos Gonzalez or Josh Johnson.

I wouldn't break the farm for anyone because it's never a good idea to put your entire future on one player but if it was anyone, those 4 are the only logical choices in that order. A lot of the guys I'm seeing mentioned in this thread have shown either serious injury problems, inconsistency or have a small enough sample size where you don't even know what you're getting.

If he wasn't so injury-prone though, I'd have Nelson Cruz on the list. That guy is an absolute animal.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

King Felix?

Any of the group of DiceK, Lackey, and Beckett would have to be mostly or all paid for by us - making it uinlikey.

I think the deal would be Ranaudo, Britton, Vitek, another top spec, and Dice + $12M type of thing which I'm not at all sure about.

Personally I'd much rather a young stud catcher then anything else - or at least an above average glove and OK bat. Cost a lot less then KF.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Felix, Posey, Hanley, Carlos Gonzalez (if this year indicated anything), Zimmerman, maybe Romero,
    Ricky Romero? Why would you break the farm for a guy when you have at least 2 guys in your rotation that should be better than him for years to come?

And Ryan Zimmerman is the position player version of Beckett. Great one year, mediocre and injury-plagued the next.

-mooz

Last I checked, the thread is "Who would YOU break the farm for"

People are allowed to have opinions that don't agree with your's, mooz.

No love for Mccutchen? Id trade the farm to have that kid at Yankee Stadium for the next 15 years.

We remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Last I checked, the thread is "Who would YOU break the farm for"

People are allowed to have opinions that don't agree with your's, mooz.
    Oh, sorry about that. I'm not allowed to disagree with theirs though?

-mooz

Buster Posey or Felix Hernandez.

Seeing that catcher is one of our weaknesses and Felix Hernandez is young and has already shown how much talent he has.

I enjoy speculation threads, but to be honest I would hate to break the farm for one player. It takes awhile to rebuild a farm system and it could prevent the club from pursuing other needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gormans Mic View Post
    I would trade the farm for Longoria, but only because he's the most epic switch pitching/center fielder ever
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mooz View Post
    Oh, sorry about that. I'm not allowed to disagree with theirs though?
    People post their opinions, and then you post telling them they are wrong. There is no right or wrong. It's an opinion.

"Idk why people would ever list a catcher..."

"Ricky Romero? Why would you ever do that..."

"Can everyone stop with Buster Posey"

Hanley has a bad attitude and may not finish his career at SS. That dramatically decreases his value. I think we traded enough for Gonzalez and we should not deplete the system any more!

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    People post their opinions, and then you post telling them they are wrong. There is no right or wrong. It's an opinion.

"Idk why people would ever list a catcher..."

"Ricky Romero? Why would you ever do that..."

"Can everyone stop with Buster Posey"
    2 out of 3 of those statements insinuate an opinion and the 3rd one was immediately followed by an opinion.

Am I allowed to read people's posts objectively and question their opinions or is this no longer a discussion board and I should just keep my mouth shut because they are fans of the same team as myself? If you'd like I can just type "You can type things! Yay for you! Go Red Sox!"

My god did this forum get up tight while I was gone...

-mooz

Justin Upton

Quote Originally Posted by bpmullen24 View Post
    Kenny Powers!!!
    You're ****in' out!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast