Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AI4LIFE: There are like 50 threads about the bullpen currently open, I don't want to be a ***** but you should of posted this in one of those or in the offseason thread.

X2

And a answer to the thread, Bolstered not just yet another lefty could sure help. but other then that we are damn close.

It is "should have" not "should of". I don't want to be a **** but, let the mods do their job.

Wheres Andrew Miller??? He's going to be part of it. I think the bullpen is a very good one. I really believe that Paps will have a bounce back year. While Bard takes an even bigger step in his evolution. I think that Wheeler and Albers will be very consistent for us. Maybe not amazing but just consistent relievers that get there job down. I kinda thinking Jenks is going to be back to form. Maybe not elite form but very good. Also I've been saying it all along so im not backing down now. Andrew Miller is going to be a stud. I can see him being an elite Lefty set up man for us.

I still want fuentes/beimel.
    Maybe I am just being greedy. The BP is fantastic as it is.

I think Fuentes would help a lot, but even if we don't get him or another piece its still very good right now.

I have always loved him, but I'd rather have someone more like Fuentes.

I gaged when I saw Capuano.

Anybody know the list of free agent left handed starting pitchers??? Possibly one may be willing to convert to relief to play with the Sox and have a chance at the playoffs?? If it came down to Beimel of Fuentes, I take Joe B. I know its superficial but the way Fuentes delivers the ball sidearmed just bugs me, hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by lotti51 View Post
    I gaged when I saw Capuano.
    12 gage or 14 gage?

Quote Originally Posted by otwisted View Post
    Anybody know the list of free agent left handed starting pitchers??? Possibly one may be willing to convert to relief to play with the Sox and have a chance at the playoffs?? If it came down to Beimel of Fuentes, I take Joe B. I know its superficial but the way Fuentes delivers the ball sidearmed just bugs me, hahahaha.
    I really think everyone needs to read the tea leaves a little better.

Fuentes believes he's in the same league (dollar-wise) as Jenks and Benoit. It seems pretty unlikely that the Sox bring in another bullpen arm making $5M-6M+ regardless of which side they throw from.

At basically the same time the Sox signed Jenks they also announced the signing of 6 FA pitchers to minor league contracts, four of which are LHP who project as BP guys. The timing suggests causality.

The Sox have stated a preference to start Doubront in AAA and continue his development as a starter.

Put that together and it suggests that the big name acquisitions are done and they will let the likes of Miller, Hill, and DiNardo battle for the MR/LOOOGY role. If some name FA LHP wants to come in for pennies on the dollar either to rebuild his value or make a one-year run for a ring then the Sox might listen but I doubt either happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Wheres Andrew Miller??? He's going to be part of it. I think the bullpen is a very good one. I really believe that Paps will have a bounce back year. While Bard takes an even bigger step in his evolution. I think that Wheeler and Albers will be very consistent for us. Maybe not amazing but just consistent relievers that get there job down. I kinda thinking Jenks is going to be back to form. Maybe not elite form but very good. Also I've been saying it all along so im not backing down now. Andrew Miller is going to be a stud. I can see him being an elite Lefty set up man for us.
    Regrading Andrew Miller.. the Red Sox non tendered him followed by resigning him to minor league contract. If he is the "stud" being bandied about & the red sox decide to promote him to the big club, they'll have to expose him to waivers as he has no options.. Effectively, the waiver wire will announce Andrew Miller is ready to pitch in the ML's.. and for a minimum league cost, he can be had by anyone.. not sure this was what you were hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    12 gage or 14 gage?

I really think everyone needs to read the tea leaves a little better.

Fuentes believes he's in the same league (dollar-wise) as Jenks and Benoit. It seems pretty unlikely that the Sox bring in another bullpen arm making $5M-6M+ regardless of which side they throw from.

At basically the same time the Sox signed Jenks they also announced the signing of 6 FA pitchers to minor league contracts, four of which are LHP who project as BP guys. The timing suggests causality.

The Sox have stated a preference to start Doubront in AAA and continue his development as a starter.

Put that together and it suggests that the big name acquisitions are done and they will let the likes of Miller, Hill, and DiNardo battle for the MR/LOOOGY role. If some name FA LHP wants to come in for pennies on the dollar either to rebuild his value or make a one-year run for a ring then the Sox might listen but I doubt either happens.
    Probably a 12 gauge or 14 gauge.

Or perhaps you prefer to make fun of people's solecisms by using archaic, medieval spellings............
    "i responded in accordance to his idiotic jackassery sayings about me.. "

In the immortal words of Youkahhhhhh - Aug/29/2010

Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Regrading Andrew Miller.. the Red Sox non tendered him followed by resigning him to minor league contract. If he is the "stud" being bandied about & the red sox decide to promote him to the big club, they'll have to expose him to waivers as he has no options.. Effectively, the waiver wire will announce Andrew Miller is ready to pitch in the ML's.. and for a minimum league cost, he can be had by anyone.. not sure this was what you were hoping...
    I'm not sure that's how it works. I thought a minor league contract can be purchased by a Major League team without any risk of consequence. If he was on the major league roster and was sent down he would be exposed to waivers, but not the other way around.

If they hadn't non-tendered him and we was still on his original contract then they wouldn't be able to assign him to the minor leagues without worrying about other teams claiming him, but because he was non-tendered and signed a minor league deal, he can start the year in the minors and be promoted without worry.

Or, am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by StealingFirst View Post
    I'm not sure that's how it works. I thought a minor league contract can be purchased by a Major League team without any risk of consequence. If he was on the major league roster and was sent down he would be exposed to waivers, but not the other way around.

If they hadn't non-tendered him and we was still on his original contract then they wouldn't be able to assign him to the minor leagues without worrying about other teams claiming him, but because he was non-tendered and signed a minor league deal, he can start the year in the minors and be promoted without worry.

Or, am I wrong?
    No, you're right.

Bobby V is all in!

Quote Originally Posted by F*(&"Next Year" View Post
    I still want fuentes/beimel.
    Maybe I am just being greedy. The BP is fantastic as it is.
    Me too

I don't think this pen is fantastic. 2007 was fantastic, this pen won't be that good:

2007:

Code:
    Paps:     IP: 58 ERA+ 257
    MDC:      IP: 44 ERA+ 233
    H Oki:    IP: 69 ERA+ 215
    Donnelly: IP: 20 ERA+ 158
    Lopez:    IP: 40 ERA+ 154
    Romero:   IP: 20 ERA+ 153
    Timlin:   IP: 55 ERA+ 140
    Snyder:   IP: 54 ERA+ 125
    2011's pen has a 1 in 10 chance of being that good. If the pen is half way between 2007 and last year, Theo would be happy.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast