Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Relief Pitchers Free Agents for Red Sox

I'm new to this so please bare with me. I know we have a few lefties but I was doing some research on whos left (still good) and here is what I came up with, please leave comments.

(35 Yrs Old) Randy Flores 3.19 ERA|7 HLDS| 20 SO| 1.52 WHIP| VS LEFT .295| VS. Right .246| Home: .250| Away| .286

(41 Yrs Old) Arthur Rhodes 2.29 ERA|26 HLDS| 50 SO| 1.02 WHIP| VS LEFT .214| VS. Right .182| Home: .225| Away| .186
    (Ranked 3rd in NL in HLDS)

(32 Yrs Old) Chris Capuano 3.95 ERA|1 HLD| 54 SO| 1.34 WHIP| VS LEFT .224| VS. Right .274| Home: .239| Away .283|

If I had to pick Rhodes sticks out the most. But you would have to wonder how he would do in the AL since he was on the NL. I say offer if a 1 yr contract and if he is constent like he was last year offer a 2nd yr. Yes I know hes 41 but the numbers ARE REALLY GOOD, especially for someone thats 41. The other two are great as well and I wouldn't mind seeing them on the team same contract as Rhodes. Again I'm new at this so be gentle

I'd really like to add Rhodes to the pen
    Boston - City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    I'm new to this so please bare with me. I know we have a few lefties but I was doing some research on whos left (still good) and here is what I came up with, please leave comments.

(35 Yrs Old) Randy Flores 3.19 ERA|7 HLDS| 20 SO| 1.52 WHIP| VS LEFT .295| VS. Right .246| Home: .250| Away| .286

(41 Yrs Old) Arthur Rhodes 2.29 ERA|26 HLDS| 50 SO| 1.02 WHIP| VS LEFT .214| VS. Right .182| Home: .225| Away| .186
    (Ranked 3rd in NL in HLDS)

(32 Yrs Old) Chris Capuano 3.95 ERA|1 HLD| 54 SO| 1.34 WHIP| VS LEFT .224| VS. Right .274| Home: .239| Away .283|

If I had to pick Rhodes sticks out the most. But you would have to wonder how he would do in the AL since he was on the NL. I say offer if a 1 yr contract and if he is constent like he was last year offer a 2nd yr. Yes I know hes 41 but the numbers ARE REALLY GOOD, especially for someone thats 41. The other two are great as well and I wouldn't mind seeing them on the team same contract as Rhodes. Again I'm new at this so be gentle
    First of all, welcome to PSD.

I think our bullpen is set, the only way Theo would bring in a lefty is someone like Beimel or Fuentes. I just don't see him signing those type of pitchers, I think it's Beimel or one of the kids that performs best in spring training (Hill, DiNardo, Miller, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by bigA9331 View Post
    I'd really like to add Rhodes to the pen
    He's 41 years old, he is a really big if.

Thank Nija Skills! I'm no sold on Lenny. My stomach always turned when he was brought in relief for us lol dont wanna see him again. According to Rotoworld said He'll struggle to reach the majors in 2011.

Miller ESPN said" If he demonstrates some level of control during spring training, he could be a bullpen option for the team, but don't expect him in a major league rotation or closing role at any point next year.

Miller NO way, his ERA has never been below 4.84, posted horrible numbers last year PASS LOL. He will be realsed.

Bottom line then I would go after Beimel, Fuentes, or Rhodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Thank Nija Skills! I'm no sold on Lenny. My stomach always turned when he was brought in relief for us lol dont wanna see him again. According to Rotoworld said He'll struggle to reach the majors in 2011.

Miller ESPN said" If he demonstrates some level of control during spring training, he could be a bullpen option for the team, but don't expect him in a major league rotation or closing role at any point next year.

Miller NO way, his ERA has never been below 4.84, posted horrible numbers last year PASS LOL. He will be realsed.

Bottom line then I would go after Beimel, Fuentes, or Rhodes.
    I'm always interested to see what a pitching coach like Young can do with a young talent like Miller. Could be that I'm just riding that wave of hopefulness that resulted from the Sox off season thus far, but I think if Miller can be 'fixed' a guy like Curt Young may be the guy to do it. That being said, I hope he can get through Dice-K's fog and make him see how effective he can be when he pounds the strike zone. One can hope, right? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownBill View Post
    I'm always interested to see what a pitching coach like Young can do with a young talent like Miller. Could be that I'm just riding that wave of hopefulness that resulted from the Sox off season thus far, but I think if Miller can be 'fixed' a guy like Curt Young may be the guy to do it. That being said, I hope he can get through Dice-K's fog and make him see how effective he can be when he pounds the strike zone. One can hope, right? hehe
    I agree also on Andrew Miller.. I think when you have the opportunity to work with a supposed high ceiling guy like Miller, who has scuffled over the last few seasons, you have to take it. He is still only 25 years old. It seems to me to be a case of him being brought up too early, and maybe a change of scenary might be what exactly what he needs. Curt Young seemed to have had success with all of Oakland's young pitchers, so hopefully he can help Miller along as well. If not, cut him loose.

Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    He's 41 years old, he is a really big if.
    Would you consider Jamie Moyer a big if?

Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    Would you consider Jamie Moyer a big if?
    Yeah considering that he just had TJ surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Yeah considering that he just had TJ surgery.
    career over
    FIGHT OWENS FIGHT
    POWER. BOMB. EVERYBODY.

no to Arthur Rhodes & Chris Capuano. maybe yes on Randy Flores
    FIGHT OWENS FIGHT
    POWER. BOMB. EVERYBODY.

Can you explain why no on Rhodes and Chris? I think Chris put up great numbers. Chris has better numbers then Randy does.

Cool All Right !!

Here are my picks !!

Scot Sheilds
    Chris C
    Jon Rauch
    Micah Owings*
    Chris Ray*

Adding Rhodes basically confirms Doubrunt in AAA. I'd prefer Felix over Arthur

We signed Dan Wheeler. Can someone post up our current bullpen?

MRJCOL3

That would be in NO order

1. Bard

2. Paps

3. Jenks

4. Wheeler

5. Atchison

6. Wake (Sighs)

7. Doubront

And the others signed to minor Leauge Contracts

1. Dinardo

2. Hill