Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    in an mlb.com mailbag, ian browne thinks the red sox will look to acquire a veteran backup infielder or "a bill hall-type who can play the infield and outfield."
    m l b t r

Potential targets we could be looking at:

Willie Bloomquist
    Joe Inglett
    Jerry Hairston Jr.
    Willie Harris
    Nick Punto
    Felipe Lopez

Who would you like to see in a Red Sox uniform? I think BTW that McDonald would outhit all of these players, but he's less versatile obviously.

Bobby V is all in!

Bench: The Red Sox have Jason Varitek, Jed Lowrie, Mike Cameron, and Darnell McDonald on their bench right now with Yamaico Navarro, Daniel Nava, and Josh Reddick looking for spots. There could be an upgrade available but that doesn't seem to be a priority.
    -Extra Bases

Since when is Darnell McDonald under contract with us for 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by North Country View Post
    -Extra Bases

He signed a one year deal (Minor League) with us on 1/15/10, but I haven't heard that he's a free agent. Mlb.com doesn't list him so he should be under our control, don't know how though.

Bobby V is all in!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox>Yankees View Post
    He signed a one year deal (Minor League) with us on 1/15/10, but I haven't heard that he's a free agent. Mlb.com doesn't list him so he should be under our control, don't know how though.
    There was a tweet 10/16: "Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com. McAdam (via Twitter) also expects to see Darnell McDonald back in Boston next season. " but since then, nothing further. Whatever the case, we will not spend big bucks or even moderate bucks for a RHH 5th OF. It's going to be a min or near min guy we have, from within, or without.

With both the 4th and 5th RH, that somewhat allows for subs and PH's. But the best thing would be Drew goes back to hitting lefties this year, and CC and Ellsbury continue to hit them.

Barring a major injury or a deal that sees Ellsbury gone, you won't see Kalish at all/much until 9/1/11.

I would like this team more if we had Holliday, Beltre, a stud catcher (in trade), and 2 #4/5 type SP's then CC, Cameron, Ortiz, and Beckett.

By Openng Day 2012 the OF is going to be a different, and hopefully better.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-02-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by North Country View Post
    -Extra Bases

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox>Yankees View Post
    Could be off-base here since admittedly I'm not 100% on the intricacies of minor league free agency, but I believe that since he's got 2 years of ML service, is still on our 40-man, and was never DFA'd, he's still on our major league roster.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    There was a tweet 10/16: "Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com. McAdam (via Twitter) also expects to see Darnell McDonald back in Boston next season. " but since then, nothing further. Whatever the case, we will not spend big bucks or even moderate bucks for a RHH 5th OF. It's going to be a min or near min guy we have, from within, or without.

With both the 4th and 5th RH, that somewhat allows for subs and PH's. But the best thing would be Drew goes back to hitting lefties this year, and CC and Ellsbury continue to hit them.

Barring a major injury or a deal that sees Ellsbury gone, you won't see Kalish at all/much until 9/1/11.

I would like this team more if we had Holliday, Beltre, a stud catcher (in trade), and 2 #4/5 type SP's then CC, Cameron, Ortiz, and Beckett.
    By Openng Day 2012 the OF is going to be a different, and hopefully better.
    I think we all could make some moves we like better. Ortiz's extension bugged me, losing Vmart bugged me....paying Beckett bugged me, Beltre might not fare so well elsewhere. Cameron doesn't bug me though....

I'd rather have Halladay than Holliday. I like the CC we have people have to understand and soon will how he impacts games. Kinda like pedy....he has more impact than numbers.
    The money is nuts, but people would have whined if we missed him too. For me next year we get stronger ....much stronger. We have Ortiz, Drew, Cameron, Papelbon etc off the books......we could be better, we should be better.
    Theo has another solid year - gasp- we will be much better and younger....

Quote Originally Posted by lil'papi View Post
    I think we all could make some moves we like better. Ortiz's extension bugged me, losing Vmart bugged me....paying Beckett bugged me, Beltre might not fare so well elsewhere. Cameron doesn't bug me though....

I'd rather have Halladay than Holliday. I like the CC we have people have to understand and soon will how he impacts games. Kinda like pedy....he has more impact than numbers.
    The money is nuts, but people would have whined if we missed him too. For me next year we get stronger ....much stronger. We have Ortiz, Drew, Cameron, Papelbon etc off the books......we could be better, we should be better.
    Theo has another solid year - gasp- we will be much better and younger....
    Yes, Halladay rather then Lackey for instance...

I like Cameron too, but given last year, and his likely role this year, he won't earn the contract.

But for sure most of the guys a Sox fan could want gone, will be gone after 2011:

Ortiz
    Drew
    Cameron
    Wakefield
    Tek

Scutaro - could be gone

Don't anyone get upset, think what those guys bring in 2012 and beyond, not what they did before. All are or will be in decline for 2012.

CC? CC is a very good player. If you don't mind him not hitting HR's, but hitting a boatload of 2B's, and being a .315/.365/.475 sort of player, with big glove, and 30 SB's a year - he'll do that for 3 or 4 years, check back however in years 4, 5, 6, 7 to see how that contract looks.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    But for sure most of the guys a Sox fan could want gone, will be gone after 2011:

Ortiz
    Drew
    Cameron
    Wakefield
    Tek

Scutaro - could be gone.

You may even be able to add Papelbons' name to this list....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123