Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    5 WR's, Hurry up offense, allow Sanchez to get in a rythym, I like it....It would either make us or break us, but I am all open to this. (Even 4 with LT or Keller etc...)

The next best option is to punt the ball on 1st down and hope oyur DEF can score.
    Some designed rollouts would be helpful too - he's so good on the run. It would help protect him. He's too bottled-up in the pocket. Rollouts, play-action, no huddle. Come on, Schotty. Do something to help out your QB. He's jittery right now and lacking confidence in your offense. You'll never get a HC job if you fall short here. Carolina and Denver are watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    Why did you make the thread!!!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooo
    Superstitious? I thought they had no hope. I guess the thread cements this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    I actually think the Steelers are a lot more like us than we think.

They scored 0 touchdowns on offense against the Bengals
    They should have lost to Buffalo in OT
    Play the Ravens very similar to how we did

We can cover their revievers on D and we can stop the run. They have a great D, better than ours and that spells trouble. These guys are not going to drop those pick 6's that Sanchez loves to throw. If we can put up 20 points we win.

Based on our last few games I am not sure we can put up 20
    What will be key is Heath Miller's status for this game. Spaeth can't hurt us too much.
    Ben is amazing back there in the pocket. Amazingly nifty for such a big guy. I'm hoping we can get to him. He tends to hold that ball forever and if the coverage is good, that will continue.

In order to get a decent game from Mark, the team can't put him behind the 8-ball every series... against Miami, out of 26 first, 18 were runs, mostly by LT up the gut... most averaged around 2 yard gains... leaving Sanchez with 2nd and 8 for most of the game... run or pass, they just stacked the line after that, stuffing the run or putting pressure on Sanchez and flushing him, making him throw on the run. That is much different than a designed roll out where he can do well. Greene had less carry yards than Sanchez against Miami. If we play with the same basic formula game plan against Pittsburgh, Sanchez will again find himself running for his life on second downs trying to make passes down field. (Just as an aside, I always found it curious that while at USC Sanchez's completion percentage was 60% in 2007 and 65% his full year in 2008... but under Schotty, with better receivers, his completion percentage is about 10 points lower....)
    Last edited by Titan_Fan; 12-14-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Fan View Post
    In order to get a decent game from Mark, the team can't put him behind the 8-ball every series... against Miami, out of 26 first, 18 were runs, mostly by LT up the gut... most averaged around 2 yard gains... leaving Sanchez with 2nd and 8 for most of the game... run or pass, they just stacked the line after that, stuffing the run or putting pressure on Sanchez and flushing him, making him throw on the run. That is much different than a designed roll out where he can do well. Greene had less carry yards than Sanchez against Miami. If we play with the same basic formula game plan against Pittsburgh, Sanchez will again find himself running for his life on second downs trying to make passes down field.
    Good point. If Schotty can't find a way to get more yardage on first down, it'll be our demise vs Pittsburgh. It's really all up to him right now. He had some very good games called last year leading into and including the playoffs. To me, this year's offense has had no identity since Holmes arrived. The offense looked at it's best just before he arrived in wins over New England, Miami and Minnesota. They were challenging downfield and this was opening up running lanes. Since then, I think Schotty has been trying too hard to get Holmes, Edwards, Keller, Cotchery and LT involved and it's made his (and Sanchez')head explode.

I can't imagine their not using Greene a whole lot to get more yardage on 1st and 2nd downs but I expected that against Miami. Is he again trying to outsmart the opponent? I don't knwo what he's thinking. It's not the end of the world if they don't win this game but it feels like a must win. I really believe this team matches up very well against Chicago and Buffalo so to me it's not over if this game is lost in Pittsburgh but things will be getting that much tighter.
    Last edited by Jet Formation; 12-14-2010 at 01:29 PM.

The scariest thing about this game =

Wayne Hunter Blocking James Harrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    Why did you make the thread!!!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooo
    I always make the threads. It's my job. I waited longer than I usually do to to let people vent. Now it's time to move on though.

If we can't beat them in the regular season, how are we going to beat them in the playoffs? If we lose to the Steelers and miss the playoffs, it will be just like us making it to the second round of the playoffs and losing to the Steelers. We need to start beating some good teams or it won't matter if we make the playoffs or not.

The scariest thing about this game =

Wayne Hunter Blocking James Harrison.
    that really scares me. Hunter is gonna need some help on the right side they need to put Keller over there to double team Harrison and maybe triple team him with Conner

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    what about #17 mike wallace? he's one of the fastest guys in the NFL. who's gonna be on him? they better put Revis on Wallace
    yep have Revis get his hands on him at the line and that speed goes out the window.

I am sure Revis will be on Ward though.

i don't really know what to say about this game...its going to be hard our offense needs to snap out of it

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

5 WR's, Hurry up offense, allow Sanchez to get in a rythym, I like it....It would either make us or break us, but I am all open to this. (Even 4 with LT or Keller etc...)

The next best option is to punt the ball on 1st down and hope oyur DEF can score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Formation View Post
    Some designed rollouts would be helpful too - he's so good on the run. It would help protect him. He's too bottled-up in the pocket. Rollouts, play-action, no huddle. Come on, Schotty. Do something to help out your QB. He's jittery right now and lacking confidence in your offense. You'll never get a HC job if you fall short here. Carolina and Denver are watching.
    All of this will lead to offensive success. We should fire Shotty and PSD can take over... Offensive attack group!

Unless Mark and the rest of the offense can snap out of this funk, it'll be (once again) a low scoring game. If we win, I wouldn't be surprised if the score is 12-10.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    All of this will lead to offensive success. We should fire Shotty and PSD can take over... Offensive attack group!
    If only Sanchez could play the game with the tenacity he rides a bike

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast