Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Playoff Picture (Predictions) - The Bears WILL make it in

NFC Division Leaders:

1) Atlanta Falcons 10-2
    Future Games: at Carolina (1-11) W, at seahawks (6-6) W, Saints (9-3) W, Panthers (1-11)W
    Pretty much a shoe-in for the number one seed in the NFC with the only difficult game against the Saints at home...Which judging my the 'aints struggle against the Bengals play.
    Projected Final Record: 14-2

2) Chicago Bears 9-3
    Future Games: Patriots (after tonight 10-2) L, at Vikings (5-7) W, Jets (after tonight 9-3) W, at Packers (8-4) W
    Analysis and different projections below
    My Projected Record: 12-4

3) Philadelphia Eagles 8-4
    Future Games: at Cowboys (4-8) L, at Giants (8-4) W, Vikings (5-7) W, Cowboys (4-8) W
    Why a loss at the Cowboys next week? look at the results of the last four games for the cowboys since the coaching change...The Giants game is a toss- up.
    Projected Record: 11-5

4) St. Louis Rams 6-6
    Future Games: Saints (9-3) L, Chiefs (8-4) L, 49ers (4-8) W, at Seahawks (6-6) W
    Rams should be able to pull it out...I just don't seem the inconsistent Seahawks becoming consistent in the last 4 games of the season...regardless the west will get rick roll'd in the first game of the playoffs
    Projected Record: 8-8

NFC Wild Cards:

1) New Orleans Saints 9-3
    Future Games: Rams (6-6) W, at Ravens (8-4) L, at Falcons (10-2) L, Buccaneers (7-5) W
    None of these games are going to be easy...especially if they're going to play how they played against the Bengals....still it's hard to pick against a team that could potentially be a contender.
    Projected Record: 11-5

2) New York Giants 8-4
    Future Games: at Vikings (5-7) W, Eagles (8-4) L, at Packers (8-4) L, at Redskins (5-7) W
    Have been playing better...
    Projected Record: 10-6

In the Hunt:

1) Fudge- Packers 8-4
    Future Games: at Lions (2-10) W, at Patriots (10-2) L, Giants (8-4) W, Bears (9-3) L
    none of these games are going to be easy...and as it gets colder the lack of running game will be HUGE.

2) The Tampons 7-5
    Future Games: at Redskins (5-7) W, at Lions (2-10) W, Seahawks (6-6) W, Saints (9-3) L

3) Seahawks 6-6
    Future Games:: at 49ers (4-8) W, Falcons (10-2) L, Bucs (7-5) L, Rams (6-6) L
    inconsistent
    Projected Record: 7-9

With my projections the final playoff standings:
    Divisional
    1) Falcons (14-2)
    2) Bears (12-4)
    3) Eagles (11-5)
    4) Rams (8-8)
    Divisional
    1) Saints (11-5)
    2) Packers (10-6)...head to head week 16 vs. giants
    Outside looking In
    1) New York Giants (10-6)
    2) Tamba Bay Bucs (10-6)
    3) Seahawks (9-7)

Understand about the Bears and Packers:

Bears
    1) The bears play arguably their hardest games at home in the Patriots, and the Jets...
    2) Bears right now own head to head against the Packers, and Eagles. However, do not have it against the Giants.
    3) With this in mind the Jets are a larger game due to the packers beating them and as the 3rd rule in the divisional break-down games in common...
    4) The bears are undefeated within the division with 2 remaining away games against the Vikings and Packers

Packers
    1) the packers play the Patriots in New England..
    2) The packers own the head to head with Philadelphia, and the Giants head to head will be determined in week 16. however week 17 will decide between the bears and packers.
    3) With this in mind the packers week 16 and 17 games are astronomically important

In Conclusion

The bears boast an undefeated within the division... and at the point own head to heads against the Eagles and the Packers (week 17), but do not against the Giants... The packers game is obviously the most crucial.... but the 2nd most crucial will probably be against the jets due to common games being the 3rd tie breaking rule behind head to head and divisional record which the bears could find themselves tied with the Packers (possibly, hopefully not)...but this could be a deciding factor easily...

Let me know what you think..

at the end there...seahawks 7-9 not 9-7

Even though the patriots looked unstoppable tonight, so did the eagles against the Redskins. Don't get me wrong, the Patriots are a good team, but no blowout like that happens without the other team giving up or playing like complete ****. The jets did both, and Belichick recognized that and ran up the score. Sanchez threw 3 ints, made horrible throws all night, their punter punted it like 12 yards to set the Patriots up to make it 17-0, their kicker can't kick for ****, and their defense missed so many tackles and assignments. I'm not trying to take credit away from the Patriots, they completely demoralized the jets defense - but the new england defense faced a real ****** QB in mark sanchez.

With that said, I think our game next week vs new england is just as or more winnable then our week 17 game in lambeau. It can also be just as important. If we beat the patriots next week, the packers would most likely lose in Foxborough, as Tom Brady is something like 18-1 after losses. That would put us a full two games in front of the packers, I don't see us losing to Minnesota, and would seal the division(? - Not too sure with the tiebreakers). Even if it didn't seal the division, we would likely seal a playoff spot because the Giants would have to lose to Green Bay, and it would probably bump them out of the picture. But, if we lose next week, we would likely go 2-2 (I don't see us beating the Pack in lambeau unless their running game can't get going and the weather affects Rodgers) and we would have to rely on the Giants (or Eagles) and Saints missing the playoffs.

Yeah, next week is pretty huge.

I just hope the patriots got really tired from kicking the jets ***** today....and I hope the bears are paying attention to this and are doing their homework

Im pretty confident we'll take the division.
    I think we match up pretty decently with the pats(maybe. tom brady might go off. we need to pressure him. their D isnt great tho. we should be able to score) and especially jets, and they have to come to our house.
    Minny is also very beatable. The GB will probably be huge for obvious reasons, but we've already beaten them too.

I think the giants or maybe packers will be out if we beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bears99 View Post
    Even though the patriots looked unstoppable tonight, so did the eagles against the Redskins. Don't get me wrong, the Patriots are a good team, but no blowout like that happens without the other team giving up or playing like complete ****. The jets did both, and Belichick recognized that and ran up the score. Sanchez threw 3 ints, made horrible throws all night, their punter punted it like 12 yards to set the Patriots up to make it 17-0, their kicker can't kick for ****, and their defense missed so many tackles and assignments. I'm not trying to take credit away from the Patriots, they completely demoralized the jets defense - but the new england defense faced a real ****** QB in mark sanchez.

With that said, I think our game next week vs new england is just as or more winnable then our week 17 game in lambeau. It can also be just as important. If we beat the patriots next week, the packers would most likely lose in Foxborough, as Tom Brady is something like 18-1 after losses. That would put us a full two games in front of the packers, I don't see us losing to Minnesota, and would seal the division(? - Not too sure with the tiebreakers). Even if it didn't seal the division, we would likely seal a playoff spot because the Giants would have to lose to Green Bay, and it would probably bump them out of the picture. But, if we lose next week, we would likely go 2-2 (I don't see us beating the Pack in lambeau unless their running game can't get going and the weather affects Rodgers) and we would have to rely on the Giants (or Eagles) and Saints missing the playoffs.

Yeah, next week is pretty huge.
    Yup, I got a feeling Bears pull one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Yup, I got a feeling Bears pull one out.
    Here's hoping.

The Patriots defense is weak, but because it is run by Belichick it can still create confusion and force interceptions - something Cutler has been prone to do, if this happens we will probably lose. However, the pats D will allow us to really get our run game going and will allow our offense to be balanced. When our offense is balanced, it settles down their defense and allows Cutler to complete throws for first downs. Even though our o-line is atrocious, their pass rush still doesn't scare me. They have Wilfork, but we handled a more dangerous Suh last week and our guard/center play is way better than our tackle play. Also, their secondary shouldn't be able to keep up with hester and knox, olsen will really create matchup problems for them, and we all know how good the commodore connection has been the past couple of weeks. The patriots defense can really be taken advantage of, as all of you probably know, but the key here is that although they have been shown to force a good amount of interceptions, our run game being established should really take that element away from their D and allow us to move the ball easily.

Tom Brady and co. are a completely different story though. They have a tremendous offensive line - I have seen Brady stand in a perfect pocket with no pressure for 5+ seconds multiple times this season. Brady is having a hell of a season too, probably his second best season compared to 07. I don't think they will be able to run on us. I like Woodhead, but there is no way him and lawfirm are going to beat us on the ground, its all about Brady. That said, we really need to get pressure on him as you all know. I'm just not sure if we will be able to do it with their o-line.

I don't think the Pats will be able to get their running game going as well...with that being said are front four won't be enough to get pressure on Brady. And we do play a pretty strait forward game on defense. What hurts us the most is short passes and thats what New England excels at. We won't be giving up big plays or much on the ground...

But I think it's going to be a shootout...Cutler is going to have to be a gunslinger this week and not the interception gunslinger we all know.