Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Robbie Gould

Robbie Gould

Has anyone been impressed or seen the drastic improvement in his leg, distance wise?

A guy who has never been known for long range kicks (47-50 max), all the sudden booming.

3/4 from 50 plus this year, before just 2/6.

Not to mention he has been nailing them, with plenty left after passing the uprights.

This year 50 + kicks

...and the one he missed had plenty of distance but was off the mark...

Anyone else's feelings?

db75 Guest
    His leg strength has improved (I don't point to his FGs as much as I do his kickoffs...the FG misses are as much of the Soldier Field conditions as it is his leg). Nice to see that he's possibly a guy we can count on to kick a long FG for a win (although I'm taking the 90ish% completion over leg strength any day).

I completely forgot to mention kickoffs, he has been all around better, leg strength wise, I have always liked Robbie, but he has shown even more improvement, which is helping with opponent field possition, Maynard has also looked better and recent weeks, which is good, because I was starting to get a bit concerned he had lost it...

db75 Guest
    ^He has lost it...lol. It's sad, but he's just about done I think. He's like 36, and he just doesn't have the leg strength I'd like in a P. He's still a lock for being a coffin corner kicker, but he's just not the same.

Its sad to see, but I hope if nothing else, he can get us through the season and into the playoffs.

The win today won't be convincing enough for many people, BUT, at 9-3 and good play by the offense and both kicking components, we still pulled it through.

The next 4 games will say alot about the team as well as Maynards immediate future.

gould is gold. and i've noticed his leg strength, i was impressed by how much he cleared that 50 something yarder yesterday.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

I've been in man-love with Robbie since I was watching from the 5th row at Soldier Field at the Seahawks playoff game in '07. Magic.

Gould is the 4th most accurate kicker in history. And he kicks for us in ****** conditions all the time. And even more amazing, he's under 1% away from the most accurate kicker of all time, Mike Vanderjagt, who kicked in a dome.

Gould is a beast enough said. His % would be better in like domes or in better conditions than in Chicago.

He gets taken for granted people forget how hard it can be at times to find a solid reliable kicker like we have in Gould and how comforting it is to not really ever worry about a FG.

Gould is looking amazing again. always like him.
    I guess there goes the notion of him having an "off year" this year that some people were trying to tell me a few weeks ago.