Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Is This The Best Mavs Team Yet?

With LA and the Spurs playing so well, the Heat so drastically underachieving, it seems the Mavs may have gone unnoticed by a lot of fans.

Dirk is Dirk and is putting out the same all-star performance he's been putting out for years now, Kidd is slowed a little, but is still very effective, Terry, Marion and Haywood coming off the bench right now makes for likely the best three-man combo the league has coming off the bench, and what I think is the most important piece they have added: Tyson Chandler.

If Chandler stays healthy and provides the interior defence and monster rebounding that helped the Hornets push the spurs to game 7 in the conference semis a couple years back, this Mavs team will finally have the one thing it has sorely been lacking every since they drafted Dirk: A dominant interior presence. And yes, Chandler is capable of being DOMINANT in the paint. He is one of the best shot blockers the league has, and one of the best rebounders when he's playing his game, and the last few games he has been playing his game.

So, the question now is: Is this the best tems Cuban has yet to put on the floor?

I am not a Mavs fan, and certainly not a Cuban fan, but as a nuetral fan looking over across the league, I sincerely think this Mavs squad is better than any team in the East outside of Boston, and I believe they are the only team with the depth and talent required to beat the Lakers or Spurs (though I would still take LA in a 7-game series).

thoughts?

No offence to Mavs fans but I haven't seen anything that special about this team. They're good, but they've been consistently good for a decade.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

Deja vu... There was a thread just like this last season, you know when the Mavs lost in the 1st round after finishing 2nd in the West.

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

They'll have a good regular season but I'm skeptical when it comes to the playoffs. They severally lack athleticism and I could see the Thunder tearing them apart in a 7 game series.

Tyson Chandler does look like an all-star though.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

Quote Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
    Deja vu... There was a thread just like this last season, you know when the Mavs lost in the 1st round after finishing 2nd in the West.
    You have no reason to hate, what have the magic done?

We have a better record than yall without our starting 2 guard that hasnt played a game yet

We beat boston, okc, hornets, spurs, and miami which were all undefeated or on winning streaks except miami

Were a top 3/4 defense in the league which has never happened (check stats)

We are a different team than last year and the past, watch a mavs game first THIS season b4 you talk bc I believe yall have as many finals appearances and championships as us

Give some props dude no need to bash
    Last edited by LTBaByyy; 11-28-2010 at 03:08 AM.

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

its not that they are unnoticed. its the fact they were the odds on favorite to win it all, and got knocked out by the 8th seed a few years ago. plus they have always been known as a soft team since cuban owned them, not his fault.

i, and as i think, others feel that they have to prove more than what they have so far early this year. its not personal, but people have been fooled by this team many many times

Mavs are a good regular season team; they have always been since the early 2000's. Whether that will translate to playoff success [ however you want to define such a term ] this time around is yet to be determined.

im excited for the mavs this year i cant wait for them to play the lakers and show everyone what they are really about. they have the size for the lakers so that shouldnt be that much of a problem. i cant wait im predicting that to be the wcf but maybe im just being a homer.

Just look at my sig for Chandlers last 3 games

This year, I really do think we will go to the WCF. Dampier was NEVER this dominant on either side of the court like Chandler has been. Chandler is an ELITE center in terms of rebounding and defense and should easily get top 5 DPOY voting. Dirk is top 5 in the game still and Kidd is still an elite floor leader. Terry is on and off.... as is Butler. Marion is a very good bench player who is capable of locking down anyone and coming in the game and giving 12 points and 7 boards. All of this, and Roddy Beaubois, who really could average 17-20 ppg this year hasn't played yet.

Butler, Terry and Haywood are the 3 that we need to watch. All three, especially Haywood and Butler have been pretty much worthless.

I predict we go to the WCf and lose in 6 or 7 to LA. This year, we actually are legit.

This thread would not have been created if the Mavericks did not beat the Heat. So this is the best Mavericks team just because they are off to a decent start? NO.

Why are we "better" and legit contenders to win the Western Conference? DEFENSE

Tyson Chandler, Deshawn Stevenson and Shawn Marion have anchored this defense which has caused Kidd, Terry, Nowitzki, Butler and other players like Mahinmi to play solid defnse in their little time. Chandler, Marion and Stevenson are all REALLY good defenders with Chandler and Marion being among the tops at their postions.

This is the time of year where the dominate...create this thread in April and i'll be impressed.

The 2006 Mavs team was the best but this year's team is very solid
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

In the last 2 years, I've said the Mavs were going to win, but they fail to even make it pass the first round. Lets talk about this when they make the Western Finals.

They're really good and keep adding nice pieces, but they also get older every year. I want to see how they hold up over the year.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast