Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who is More Likely To Sign Erick Dampier? Lakers or Heat?

With Erick Dampier's deal with the Houston Rockets falling out, he is still an unrestricted free agent, but he is looking to sign with a contender.

The Lakers are without Bynum for atleast another month while 37-yr old backup C Theo Ratliff is going to be out for 6-8 wks after getting arthroscopic knee surgery.

For the Heat, they already had a thin frontline, and now, with the loss of Udonis Haslem to injury, they may be back in the pursuit for Damp.

So who do you think wins the Erick Dampier sweepstakes?

ONE LAST STAND FOR THE ZEN MASTER!

If the heat get him w/ the loss of Haslem and Miller they have to be one of the oldest teams in recent history to suit up!!

Thats like 3 young guys plus 33+ years players

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

lakers should just so nobody else does

Lakers sign him by next week

The Future is NOW!

I don't know how big his impact will be on either team. If Bynum stays healthy, he might play a couple games here and there, but not too much afterwards... Especially when Ratliff comes back.

The Lakers lack at the 5.. Aside from Bynum, there's really no other Center that they have aside from Theo.. Who isn't all that great to begin with anymore. Damp isn't all that either so the Lakers will be fine with or without him.

Free As Seagull.

The Heat are looking really weak right now and they could use all they help they can get. Still even with the acquisition of Dampier, they'd still be pretty weak inside.

If I was the Heat I would trade Bosh for a few solid pieces and try to fill some of the many holes the team has. LeBron + Wade + a more solid/complete roster could go as far as they want to. Two stars, a good player and a weak team will not contend, not even in playoff series.

gotta be the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    The Lakers lack at the 5.. Aside from Bynum, there's really no other Center that they have aside from Theo.. Who isn't all that great to begin with anymore. Damp isn't all that either so the Lakers will be fine with or without him.
    I agree.

nobody. his career is very likely over. there is a reason why like 5 teams have reportedly been close to signing him and all have broken off talks. there is something wrong with him.

The Heat need a center desperately, the Lakeshow is doing fine without their starting center... I'm sure you can deduce the result from where I'm going with this.

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
    The Heat need a center desperately, the Lakeshow is doing fine without their starting center... I'm sure you can deduce the result from where I'm going with this.
    the heat have had multiple chances at getting dampier as have like 10 teams. there are reasons why he has been rumored to be signing with miami, rockets, bucks, and suns off the top of my head and none have signed him.

he is definitely 100% not going to miami. book it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
    What if Pau gets injured, then we have only 1 legit PF (odom) and no center.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Both teams could use him, but i have to say neither of them will.

The Heat need to sign him or they are really dropping the ball. In no way is Dampier anything to get excited about but the Heat have nothing in the middle. If the Lakers were to get him he would be a serviceable backup, but nothing else. He would just be another big to throw out there against teams like Boston. The Heat need him WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the Lakers do though. The Lakers have the luxury of starting Pau at the Center and throwing Lamar at the 4 and having Bynum come off the bench. The Heat going from Anthony to Big Z isn't scaring anyone on any team.
    R.I.P. Kenny McKinley. You will be missed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast