Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Greg Oden complex...which player do you think would've made a difference....

We all know about Greg Oden by now...won't go there...it's truly sad when this technically is the kid's fourth year pro, but he has only played the equivalent of one season because of some serious knee problems. Would he had made a difference for the Trailblazers this year? Based on the games he actually played, I'd say it would've been a start, but we'll never know. But, the question is what player do you think would've made a difference on your team had it not been for injuries (permanent or temporary)?

My team is the Atlanta Hawks and I think things would've been great if Danny Manning (first round draft pick) would've not had to go through reconstructive knee surgery which somewhat ended his career. He was averaging 16.7ppg, 6.6rpg, and 3.1apg as a rookie.

I'll always wonder what could have been with Jay Williams..

3. 11-18-2010, 06:36 AM

4. 11-18-2010, 07:03 AM

the jail blazers simply had a shot at durant!!!! hmmmm any takers?

I would have liked to see Len Bias in green

Quote Originally Posted by kingbrentg View Post
    I'll always wonder what could have been with Jay Williams..
    x100

Things may have been a lot different with him around.

This isn't a career long thing, but I would have liked to see Ewing in the finals in 99.

Bill Walton won an MVP and a ring and is in the Hall but his career was largely incomplete.

Drazen Petrovic

GRANT MOTHER EFFING HILL. T-Mac led 3rd and 4th seed teams (Granted, this was the softest era the Eastern Conference, or maybe any conference in professional sports, has ever had) and continuously got bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Obligatory Yao mention.

Jay-will (the duke guard, not the one who punched his teammate or shot his limo driver) is another good one I saw somebody mention.

Quote Originally Posted by DitchDat View Post
    I would have liked to see Len Bias in green
    This answer is hard to beat.

Jonathan Bender. I saw this guy absolutely tear up the Spurs once in their prime. I thought this guy was going to be great. I think he was supposed to be Kevin Durant before Kevin Durant.

Plus I remember seeing a piece on TV where he's taken what the NBA gave him and started programs for schools, seems like a nice person. Would have liked to see him healthy for his career.