Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who would you rather have for the next 5 plus,Dustin Pedroia or Robinson Cano?

Like the title says who would rather have on your team for the 5 and over,

To me is cano, I might be a bias lil cause cano is the only yankee I liked and the only that will, cause we from the same place in dominican republic.

on my team? Cano.

In my bed? Pedroia...

- Jon Miller & Joe Morgan

I'm not even ALLOWED in THE ALCS

pedroia

First Sim League Title!

Pedroia and it's an easy call.

Hands down Cano.

Cano
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

Cano

Pedroia, much more likeable as a person. Not saying this because I'm a Sox fan.

Bobby V is all in!

pedroia because he is a solid bet to be a 5-6 WAR player year in and year out.

Cano reminds me of Beltre (offensively to a degree) his success is going to hinge on his contact rates.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    pedroia because he is a solid bet to be a 5-6 WAR player year in and year out.

Cano reminds me of Beltre (offensively to a degree) his success is going to hinge on his contact rates.
    If I were a Sox fan, Pedroia. Anyone else, Cano. Pedroia seems to really up his worth by using the Monster in Fenway. Without that I can't imagine his value isn't as high.

Cano had a .381 OBP this year (higher than Pedroia has ever had in is career, though only by .001). That was a result of a 8.2% walk rate, a healthy improvement over his previous career high of 5.8%. If Cano can prove this to be a sign of things to come, I'll take him. But I need another year (or two) to see if it's not just an outlier.

I also think that the type of hitter both players are needs to be considered. Pedrois is more of a "table setter" hitter and Cano is more of a run producer. Give me the run producer every time. Although Pedroia is not your typical 2 hole hitter - he's got a bit if pop. He's never hit 20 before, but he looked to be heading there this year. Just like w/ Cano's walk rates, I want to see more before I determine if its the start of a trend or just an outlier.

If I have a choice for the next 5 years, I'll probably go Cano. He showed increased power this year and improved defense. I think he can still grow, especially offensively. Now that he has become a legitimate "slugger" and the centeriece of the Yankee lineup, I expect the walk rates to keep trending upwards (pitchers will more and more start to pitch around him). Combine that with his awesome ability to hit for average (he may be the best average hitter in baseball) and his OBP should stay high. That was the one thing that held Cano back from offensive greatness early in his career. Defenisvely, Pedroia is clearly better, but Cano does make up for a lot of his defensive deficiencies w/ maybe the best 2B arm in baseball. He's an asset in turning the double play above most other 2nd basemen in the game (Pedroia included).

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    If I were a Sox fan, Pedroia. Anyone else, Cano. Pedroia seems to really up his worth by using the Monster in Fenway. Without that I can't imagine his value isn't as high.
    I mean u say that, but career wise pedroia has been better, and in terms of WAR was right on pace with Cano until being injured, actually at his pace before he got injured he would have ended up with a higher WAR then Cano, going purely on the pace he was on.

Amd I too assume Beltre is as good as Ryan Zimmerman now, because of this past year?

I would like to wait and see

I mean u say that, but career wise pedroia has been better, and in terms of WAR was right on pace with Cano until being injured, actually at his pace before he got injured he would have ended up with a higher WAR then Cano, going purely on the pace he was on.

Amd I too assume Beltre is as good as Ryan Zimmerman now, because of this past year?

I would like to wait and see
    The question who do you want for the next 5 years, not the last 5 years. So you need to make an educated guess as to whether Cano will continue to play up to this year or not. It's not a yes or no answer because there is projection involved.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    The question who do you want for the next 5 years, not the last 5 years. So you need to make an educated guess as to whether Cano will continue to play up to this year or not. It's not a yes or no answer because there is projection involved.
    Ok, then I would take pedroia and I would not have to think about it much, a much better bet to be more successful over the next 5 years

Pedroia has a career Walk % of 8.7% and the past 2 years his walk rate have been over 10%

Cano has a career walk % of 5% his highest being this year 8%

Pedroia is superior defensively according the stats available and not even close

Pedroia has a career wOBA of .366, Cano has a career wOBA of .356

In 894 Games played Cano has a career WAR of 18.7

In 556 Games played Pedroia has a career WAR of 17.9

Pedroia is a much better base runner

And Pedroia is about a year younger

So yea going on a pretty educated guess I am taking Pedroia

Ok, then I would take pedroia and I would not have to think about it much, a much better bet to be more successful over the next 5 years

Pedroia has a career Walk % of 8.7% and the past 2 years his walk rate have been over 10%

Cano has a career walk % of 5% his highest being this year 8%

Pedroia is superior defensively according the stats available and not even close

Pedroia has a career wOBA of .366, Cano has a career wOBA of .356

In 894 Games played Cano has a career WAR of 18.7

In 556 Games played Pedroia has a career WAR of 17.9

Pedroia is a much better base runner

And Pedroia is about a year younger

So yea going on a pretty educated guess I am taking Pedroia
    This reminds me of Derek jeter vs nomar years ago i think pedroia will be as good or better for a few years then eventually dustin will break down and cano will be superior for a longer overall period of time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast