Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    What do you mean? All it did was create an ever increasingly aggressive black market in which criminals made millions to help set up criminal empires that could then branch off into other illegal ventures. What kind of moron wouldn't want that.
    Yeah, I can just imagine what a drug cartel would give to have alcohol and tobacco illegal. Just saying, if your political views are aligned with criminals and drug dealers, maybe you should reconsider those views.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantes4Life View Post
    I do not consider myself moronic.
    I never said you. I was refering to people who live near me.
    TAKE PRIDE

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Everything is relative though. I bet if you told them you talked about prop 19 and weed on a sports forum and you have close to 10,000 posts they probably would think you were moronic as well.

I do not consider myself moronic.
    That's nice have fun killing your body

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan6197 View Post

He's killing his body?

Sarcasm, or are you one of "those"?

People are stupid. I got into an argument today at school. My friend was shocked because I don't smoke that I was for Prop 19. He couldn't come up with one good reason that it should be illegal. It's just as easily accessible in California without legalization, it's more accessible for minors when it's illegal (not that I really care that minor do it, I just knew that would please some morons), it would make the state money of taxes, and it help end a drug war in Mexico. The response I got was that he didn't care about Mexico. There is no reason why it should be illegal and this is coming from someone who doesn't smoke.

Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

Quote Originally Posted by redwhitenblue View Post
    The dealer's would lower prices to keep being able to sell it...it'd end up cheaper than whereever it's being sold (and it'd be WAY more than a dollar for a gram). And we'd go from street dealer's getting robbed/beaten/killed for their dope to having stores that are trying to sell it being robbed or burgled at night.
    This happened at the nearest clinic near my house. I have already seen a fight outside and I heard it recently got burglarized at night.

I voted for it though

Liar.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Everything is relative though. I bet if you told them you talked about prop 19 and weed on a sports forum and you have close to 10,000 posts they probably would think you were moronic as well.
    Correct. I guess that would make me double moronic though.

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan6197 View Post

Nearly all medicines have toxic, potentially lethal effects. But marijuana is not such a substance. There is no record in the extensive medical literature describing a proven, documented cannabis-induced fatality.
    This is a remarkable statement. First, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. Second, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. Estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. Yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death.
    By contrast aspirin, a commonly used, over-the-counter medicine, causes hundreds of deaths each year.
    Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to induce death.
    At present it is estimated that marijuana's LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.
    And my favorite, drugs such as aspirin cause almost 8,000 deaths a year. Marijuana, on average, causes absolutely zero.

More than likely, your dinner last night was worse for your body than any weed anyone has smoked in this past day.

Liar.

Correct. I guess that would make me double moronic though.

And my favorite, drugs such as aspirin cause almost 8,000 deaths a year. Marijuana, on average, causes absolutely zero.

More than likely, your dinner last night was worse for your body than any weed anyone has smoked in this past day.
    I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. A lot of people eat healthy. Also pot has pretty similar effects to smoking so while no one kills themselves overdosing pot can still lead to deaths. I'm with you on this but saying that pot is that much better than other legal drugs is not really accurate. But it's obviously a huge double standard. Alcohol is a lot worse for you.

Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesJackson10 View Post
    I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. A lot of people eat healthy. Also pot has pretty similar effects to smoking so while no one kills themselves overdosing pot can still lead to deaths. I'm with you on this but saying that pot is that much better than other legal drugs is not really accurate. But it's obviously a huge double standard. Alcohol is a lot worse for you.
    Considering bad diet and being physically unfit leads to approximately 365,000 deaths a year, I don't think it's an exaggeration at all.

As for its effect on the lungs and whatnot:

a recent case-controlled study found no positive associations between marijuana use and lung, upper respiratory, or upper digestive tract cancers.9 Thus, the link between marijuana smoking and these cancers remains unsubstantiated at this time.
    http://drugabuse.gov/infofacts/marijuana.html#anchor

Obviously someone probably has had cancer before from marijuana, but it's nothing predictive. Some people react poorly to things, whether it's lactose or weed.

I don't really get why people care? Its not like you cannot get it because it is against the law? It's illegal but even if it was passed, they would not allow people to just walk down the street with a joint in their hand.

I am fine with the way it is. Be smart and don't get caught.

I remember I had to do a report in my biology class about the legalization of Marijuana. If I remember correctly, Marijuana isn't that bad for you in the short term (doesn't take into account for DUI's, etc.), but is basically like smoking tobacco without the high sensation and can have serious health effects in the long term. It's something crazy like you need to take 120,000 hits in a short period of time in order to overdose.

I am well aware. Weed is illegal and ****in all the morons are here still smoke it. But, it would be a lot harder for people to get it when its illegal and that makes things a lot safer because a lot of people wont take the risk if they cant get it easily.
    So in your theory people smoke and drink only because it is legal??? Please if it was illegal crime syndicates would come back around again.

Most negative things that people bring up about weed, are stretching things in order to be able to find something wrong with it to keep it illegal.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by zambo4president View Post
    Because everyone was lazy and didn't vote. We don't want the gov't controlling our bud anyways.
    Probably about half of people don't vote in mid-term elections.

For the record, though, I don't really see any reason to legalize marijuana. I just don't see much that's good about it.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals

Pot Smokers voted for yes
    Non-Pot smokers voted for no (most of them anyways)

Obviously there are more non-pot smokers

I am so dissapointed on how ignorant people are...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast