Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,804

    If you were in Melo's case, and had a specific team in mind

    Would you tamper in any way?

    Personally, I don't know, I think I would be fair and not do it, but it's pretty tempting to try to get away with it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,443
    I would just wait till i'm a FA, which he is after this season. And then go to a team that has most interest in me, and which I can fit in with and be successful.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,838
    If I'm Melo, i wouldn't worry about tampering. So he'll get fined, big deal. TO make the NBA better, he should ask for a trade to LA....to the Clippers!

    Melo to the Clips for Baron Davis + Chris Kaman

    And then Clips give Melo that extension. I'm sure he and his wifey wouldn't mind him playing in a big market in LA.

    Imagine it...

    Kobe & Pau with the Lakers

    Melo & Griffin with the Clippers

    Two exciting teams in the Staples Center!


    ONE LAST STAND FOR THE ZEN MASTER!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    772
    If the Clips could pull that off, they get a good defensive PG and C, they would be unstoppable. Great scoring, long range threat with Gordon, good on the boards with Blake. That team would easily be 4th seed or so in the West.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,914
    wow...i can only imagine

    PG: Bledsoe
    SG: Gordon
    SF: Anthony
    PF: Griffin
    C: ???
    [CENTER]
    AARON RODGERS

    *Super Bowl XLV Champion
    *Super Bowl XLV MVP
    *2011 NFL MVP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LongIsland
    Posts
    1,223
    Melo should backchannel the knicks, and not get caught.
    Tel them he wil hit free agency
    Get the knicks to trade Gallo, Randolph, picks and cash to Memphis for Mayo and Gasol
    Let melo play on a team that features
    PG:Felton
    SG: Mayo
    SF:Melo
    Pf: Amare
    C: Gasol/ Mosgoz
    Then he should make a sick commercial and make tons of money much like lebron in miami
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,832
    Does it really matter? There is 99% chance he ends up with the Knicks the other 1% being the nuggets lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3
    It can go both ways you can leave without giving them any warning thus them losing you ( carmelo anthony) and getting nothing but cap space back.
    or
    You can tamper and demand a trade from the nuggets to any team giving Nuggets something back.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    camped outside American Airlines Arena
    Posts
    19,858
    Go to NY and see if they can get CP3 in the future, IMO.
    PSD's Nick Naylor

    PSD's Longest-tenured HEAT fan




    Just in: 40K posts in 2 years, all facepalms and baiting. Get a life you loser.

    R.I.P. Clara

    [IMG]http://oi39.tinypic.com/e98dok.jpg[/IMG/]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    Melo should backchannel the knicks, and not get caught.
    Tel them he wil hit free agency
    Get the knicks to trade Gallo, Randolph, picks and cash to Memphis for Mayo and Gasol
    Let melo play on a team that features
    PG:Felton
    SG: Mayo
    SF:Melo
    Pf: Amare
    C: Gasol/ Mosgoz
    Then he should make a sick commercial and make tons of money much like lebron in miami
    u forgot to mention memphis will also give u gay, conley and all their draft picks so the knicks can give them away like hot cakes

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LongIsland
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmKira View Post
    u forgot to mention memphis will also give u gay, conley and all their draft picks so the knicks can give them away like hot cakes
    Mayo and Gasol are both in contract years, gallo and randolph are not Xaivier Henry and Hasheem habeet are both on Memphis to take over
    Gallo and Randolph> than mayo and gasol and randolph plus picks and cash actually allows memphis to benefit because they do not have to resign ZBO, can focus their money on retaining all of the rest of their team, plus mayo wil never resign

    Think economics buddy

    ... and if memphis wanted id include chandler in the package also
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Neither here, Nor there
    Posts
    9,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    Melo should backchannel the knicks, and not get caught.
    Tel them he wil hit free agency
    Get the knicks to trade Gallo, Randolph, picks and cash to Memphis for Mayo and Gasol
    Let melo play on a team that features
    PG:Felton
    SG: Mayo
    SF:Melo
    Pf: Amare
    C: Gasol/ Mosgoz
    Then he should make a sick commercial and make tons of money much like lebron in miami
    or better yet trade randolph to orlando for dwight howard, gallinari to lakers for kobe bryant and felton to hornets for CP3, then you would have the best team in the east!
    PG:CP3
    SG:Kobe
    SF:Melo
    PF:Amare
    C: D12
    that team would be sick! GO KNICKS!
    seriously man do u even think before you post?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Blackhole
    Posts
    22,569
    I think Melo would be a great fit for the Warriors. Ellis + fillers for Melo. A trio of Curry-Melo and Lee would be filthy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    or better yet trade randolph to orlando for dwight howard, gallinari to lakers for kobe bryant and felton to hornets for CP3, then you would have the best team in the east!
    PG:CP3
    SG:Kobe
    SF:Melo
    PF:Amare
    C: D12
    that team would be sick! GO KNICKS!
    seriously man do u even think before you post?
    I wish, huh?!?!?!? Too bad it won't financially.

    On a serious note, Melo should wait until he is a free agent.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LongIsland
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    or better yet trade randolph to orlando for dwight howard, gallinari to lakers for kobe bryant and felton to hornets for CP3, then you would have the best team in the east!
    PG:CP3
    SG:Kobe
    SF:Melo
    PF:Amare
    C: D12
    that team would be sick! GO KNICKS!
    seriously man do u even think before you post?
    I am being serious, why wouldnt a team like memphis trade away mayo(who wont resign) and gasol( who wil be very costly with two back up centers and the secound overall pick behind him) for Gallo, who is under team control for another year and has been compared to dirk, chandler who is under team control and is turning legit, and randolph who has a huge upside, plus cash for a franchise that needs money.

    Memphis would be left with Conely JR, Xavier Henry, Grevis Vazques, Rudy Gay, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Thabeet ... not to mention have a cheap payrole, money to sign their first rounder this year, and a ton of potential

    But yet I dont think before I post, because what, or even better, it is impossible for a dream team to form .... facepalms and sarcasm is cute if they are deserved, but if u want to be rude, then comment back with an edjucated statement as to why it never works.
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •