Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Could the Heat win a championship without one of their superstars?

Link

"The Big Three, Miami Thrice, LeBoshade, Miami Vice…the superhero list goes on.

But after watching Dwyane Wade fall to injury during the first three minutes of the Miami Heat‘s (massively over-hyped) first preseason game, it’s time for reality to settle in.

No matter how bad fans would like to convince themselves that LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are dispensable immortals, at the end of the day these guys are humans just like each and everyone of us.

What would happen if one of the big three fell short to a season (and playoff) ending injury?

Would the other two superstars be able to carry their team to the promise land and capture a championship trophy?

James and Wade

Without Chris Bosh the Miami Heat would be severely undersized. Udonis Haslemwould most likely slide into the starting four spot (unless LeBron decided to step up and play the power-forward position).

While both James and Wade’s scoring averages would quickly increase, the Heat as a team would struggle on the boards.

Come playoff time, the Magic and Celtics would provide mismatches to their advantage due to the plethora of big men on both of their rosters.

Would the Heat win a championship without Chris Bosh?- No.

Wade and Bosh

Miami would place Mike Miller at the starting small-forward position without LeBron James on the court.

Losing LeBron would instantly put a serious load of work right back onto DwyaneWade’s shoulders (just like in the previous seasons).

Without James around to control Miami’s offensive scheme, Wade and Chalmers would be forced to split time bringing up the ball.

For every turnover Mario Chalmers averaged just two assists last season (good enough for 34th best out of leagues point-guards).

Subtract James from this Miami Heat team and they don’t seem too big and bad after all.

Would the Heat win a championship without LeBron James?- No.

James and Bosh

If the Heat were going to have any chance at winning the championship without one of their superstars it would be without Dwyane Wade.

Sound crazy? Well, it’s not!

The duo of James and Bosh are much stronger than the other two combinations listed above.

While talent-wise James and Wade would create a headache for any team that they match up against, they would also lack the legitimate big man needed to secure the paint on both ends of the court.

Similar to how James never had a top-tier power-forward in Cleveland, it wouldn’t be possible for Wade and James to pass through Orlando, Boston, and the Lakers come playoff time if they lack size.

Without Wade on the court LeBron would still be able to play his game while making his teammates better simultaneously.

With Mike Miller at the starting shooting-guard position, James would have the leisure of attacking the basket and dishing the rock out to various three-point shooting threats.

With Bosh being the versatile big man that he is, James would be able to feed the former Toronto Raptor in the paint and all around the perimeter on the offensive end of the court.

Would the Heat win a championship without Dwyane Wade?- Yes."

They would win it. Not a doubt in my mind, it would be easier if it wasn;t bosh that goes down, but they can still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    They would win it. Not a doubt in my mind, it would be easier if it wasn;t bosh that goes down, but they can still do it.
    Yea they could definitely do it without Wade...not so sure if they could without LeBron though.

I'm going to have to disagree with the article...

I think all 3 seperate combinations would be contenders...

I think Haslem could step in and play admirably for Bosh...

Personally I'd rather have Wade and Bosh... with Miller at the 3 as long as Dasean Butler is healthy...

well, it would depend on how Miller, Haslem, Anthony, and the remaining role players play. having a combo of Wade/Bosh, or Wade/LeBron, or LeBron/Bosh, would still be the best 1-2 punch in the NBA most likely. If their role players stepped up, at least to a degree where the defense was still top notch, and they made the shots they were asked to make, while making a timely play now and then, I believe they could still win it.
    But is obviously becomes more difficult now

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by footballer2369 View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with the article...

I think all 3 seperate combinations would be contenders...

I think Haslem could step in and play admirably for Bosh...

Personally I'd rather have Wade and Bosh... with Miller at the 3 as long as Dasean Butler is healthy...
    I doubt Butler would be getting much playing time...he isn't supposed to be back until like January and by then the Heat would have their players pretty much set regarding to playing time.

I agree with the article, I think the best combo would be LeBron and Bosh.

Not a chance, they both need the big man, Lebron needs Wade's leadership and Wade needs Lebron's freakish skills.

Super Bowl LIII: Los Angeles Rams vs Jacksonville Jaguars

I think a Lebron and Bosh duo is very capable of making to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBronsMom View Post
    I doubt Butler would be getting much playing time...he isn't supposed to be back until like January and by then the Heat would have their players pretty much set regarding to playing time.

I agree with the article, I think the best combo would be LeBron and Bosh.
    Being that one of the superstars would be removed from the rotation, there would obviously have to be some changes .

doubt it

We don't even know if they can win with all 3

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

LeBron and Bosh is a better combo with the surrounding players then the Cavs ever had. So of course they could at least make the finals.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

ehhh no

First Sim League Title!

if by 1 you insinuate CB, then yes; but if Bron or Wade are out of equation, then no

Lebron and Bosh could make it to the finals together but i think wade and james could make it as well. Two superstars are always going to give teams problems...
    misery! lol

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast