Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Leafs Forum 2019 Draft Thread

NHL Draft 1st Round tomorrow on Sportsnet and NBCSN.

*Leafs own no 1st round pick. Traded to LA, 22nd overall in the Jake Muzzin deal.

NHL Draft Rounds 2-7 on Saturday.

*Leafs own..

53rd overall(2nd rnd)
    84th overall(3rd rnd)
    115th overall(4th rnd)
    124th overall(4th rnd via STL)
    146th overall(5th rnd)
    204th overall(7th rnd via DAL)
    208th overall(7th rnd)

I'd do that Muzzin trade again.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I'd do that Muzzin trade again.
    Same here. He was awesome in the 1st and sadly only round. Actually made Zaitsev look good. I'm hoping 98 will be around once or twice on Saturday. He knows the OHL well and Dubas loves his OHL players for right or wrong. I'm more of a QMJHL guy. There could be some interesting trades both days too. Leafs wise or league wide.

I'll be around on Saturday, might not watch Friday for the first time in a long time. I'm thinking this might be a year to grab a couple WHL goalies with extra picks in the 4th and 7th. I really like Wolf and Sogaard.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

This 1st round's been about as exciting as a cup of tea and a biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    This 1st round's been about as exciting as a cup of tea and a biscuit.
    Yea kind of glad I didn't watch last night. Absolutely shocked nobody took Kaliyev. Sure the guy has questionable work ethic and defensive awareness but he's 6'2" and put up 51 goals in the OHL this year as a 17 year old (turns 18 in 3 days).

Only 13 guys have ever done that and only 2 since 2000 (Stamkos and DeBrincat).

Somebody is going to get a huge steal in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Yea kind of glad I didn't watch last night. Absolutely shocked nobody took Kaliyev. Sure the guy has questionable work ethic and defensive awareness but he's 6'2" and put up 51 goals in the OHL this year as a 17 year old (turns 18 in 3 days).

Only 13 guys have ever done that and only 2 since 2000 (Stamkos and DeBrincat).

Somebody is going to get a huge steal in the 2nd round.
    There were like 6-8 guys depending who you ask that fell out of the 1st. Today will be way better. The league screwed up by not having the new cap in place too. Might not know that until the late rounds today. Just borderline mental on their part. First time since the Crosby draft no NHL players were traded during the 1st round.

Raphael Lavoie, Bobby Brink, Nils Hoglander, Matt Robertson, Pavel Dorofeyev, Nick Robertson besides Kaliyev. Brett Leason the overager as well.

Marleau plus a conditional 1st and 2020 7th to Carolina for a 2020 6th. 6.25 in cap relief for TO.

Marleau plus a conditional 1st and 2020 7th to Carolina for a 2020 6th. 6.25 in cap relief for TO.
    A late 1st I can live with. That cap relief is crucial for this year. Muzzin is the only 30 year old on the roster lol

We didn't give up Liljegren, Sandin, Bracco or any other roster players. I call this a win!

A late 1st I can live with. That cap relief is crucial for this year. Muzzin is the only 30 year old on the roster lol

We didn't give up Liljegren, Sandin, Bracco or any other roster players. I call this a win!
    Or Johnsson and Kapanen who's going to sign for 3 years between 3.2-3.4 per. The pick will be from 20-31 and people are still crapping on Dubas online lol. Throw that crap at the bald guy at the Islanders table. I've never seen so much hate because a guy wears glasses and uses analytics as 1 tool in a bag of many.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 06-22-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Ughhhhh Sogaard to Ottawa...

Ughhhhh Sogaard to Ottawa...
    I know eh. Ughhhhh Lavoie to Edmonton lol. Sucks but I never thought those guys would fall to us

Or Johnsson and Kapanen who's going to sign for 3 years between 3.2-3.4 per. The puck will be from 20-31 and people are still crapping on Dubas online lol. Throw that crap at the bald guy at the Islanders table.
    It really was the best case scenario. If we move Zaitsev before July 1st as well this summer gets really easy for us. Upgrade the right side if possible, if not save the space for the deadline and see what you have internally.

It really was the best case scenario. If we move Zaitsev before July 1st as well this summer gets really easy for us. Upgrade the right side if possible, if not save the space for the deadline and see what you have internally.
    I don't think we'd need to retain on Zaitsev either. They don't even have the cap set for today lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast