Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team has the best chance of getting Melo by february?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Knicks

74 31.76%
  • Chicago Bulls

45 19.31%
  • Houston Rockets

15 6.44%
  • Stay with the Denver Nuggets

11 4.72%
  • LA Clippers

3 1.29%
  • Orlando Magic

3 1.29%
  • New Orleans Hornets

2 0.86%
  • Philadelphia Sixers

12 5.15%
  • New Jersey Nets

60 25.75%
  • Other

8 3.43%
Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Carmelo Anthony Thread: All non-news threads merged here - Part III

Part I
    Part II

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...e-to-melo-saga

"There's no sign of reconsideration on Carmelo's part, despite what [Denver] has publicly said," said one of the people involved in the process.

The two sides remain locked in a stalemate over Anthony's future while a three-year, $65 million extension offer sits untouched in front of him. While Nuggets officials -- including influential adviser Bret Bearup and executive Josh Kroenke -- continue to rebuff trade inquiries while hoping to repair the franchise's relationship with Anthony, privately the team is beginning to examine which teams would have the most attractive combination of young players, draft picks and expiring contracts to complete a deal. And the team currently viewed by people close to the situation as having the most realistic chance of putting together a blockbuster, perhaps multi-team deal for Anthony is the New Jersey Nets.

"They're working the hardest to get a deal done," one of the sources said.

With No. 3 overall pick Derrick Favors, multiple extra draft picks, and Devin Harris, whose $8.98 million contract could be parlayed into a serviceable replacement for Anthony in a three-team trade, New Jersey has the makings of a package that would appeal to Nuggets officials, one of the people with knowledge of Denver's strategy said. The key, according to the person, would be involving a third team to convert Harris into something the Nuggets would view as "decent replacement value" for Anthony.

That is where another team equipped with attractive assets could enter the picture, multiple sources said: the Philadelphia 76ers. New team president Rod Thorn and GM Ed Stefanski who formerly worked together in New Jersey -- could be central to constructing a deal that would compel the Nuggets to move Anthony rather than endure a season-long distraction that ends with Anthony leaving as a free agent after the season. The key pieces of the Philadelphia equation would be the expiring contracts of Jason Kapono ($6.64 million) and Willie Green ($3.98 million), a young talent such as Thaddeus Young, and Andre Iguodala, who is coming off a solid contribution to Team USA's gold-medal performance at the FIBA World Championships. Some executives believe the Sixers would at least discuss including No. 2 overall pick Evan Turner if it meant getting Anthony, but that would defeat the purpose of going over the luxury tax to get Anthony in the first place.

The Bulls are viewed by one source as "not a realistic candidate" due to the team's unwillingness at this point to include Joakim Noah in the deal. The Bulls and Noah are currently negotiating an extension. The Knicks, Anthony's first choice, are viewed by rival executives as not having enough assets to entice the Nuggets. New York has Eddy Curry's $11.3 million expiring contract, promising big man Anthony Randolph, and swingman Wilson Chandler, but the team's draft-pick cupboard is bare. Adding to the frustration among Nuggets officials, sources say, is that Anthony's team has been slow to offer a comprehensive list of trade possibilities.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Melo Still Wants Trade Out Of Denver

The Nuggets hold out hope of repairing their relationship with Carmelo Anthony but so far the superstar has not changed his mind.

Anthony still wants Denver to deal him and the team is considering how best to maximize return in a trade.

The Nets are aggressively trying to acquire Anthony and it is believed he would be open to signing an extension upon being traded to New Jersey.

"They're working the hardest to get a deal done," a source said about the Nets.

The Sixers are also in the mix, though it is unclear if Anthony would sign off on a trade to Philadelphia. Denver is said to be interested in Andre Iguodala.

Rival executives do not believe that the Knicks, Anthony's first choice, have enough to offer the Nuggets to complete a deal.

The Bulls are not considered a realistic destination.

The Bulls are not considered a realistic destination.
    Good

Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by DaBUU View Post
    Good
    I know, cuz you Heat fans hate competition.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

I'd love a Melo to NJ Favors to PHI Iguodala + parts to DEN deal!

It would take a young prospect like Favors, and instant cap space to get me to OK an iguodala deal

Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post

It would take a young prospect like Favors, and instant cap space to get me to OK an iguodala deal
    that wouldn't be bad, but is Denver looking to take on a long deal like Iggy's? I would think moving Melo is a sign of rebuilding

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post

The Sixers future would be scary!

Holiday, Turner, Favors.

As a Nets fan I could see this trade coming back to bite our ***.

But then again Favors could be nothing too special and same with Turner.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

If I was a Nets fan, I would trade anyone for Melo at this point. After a horrible season this is Carmelo Anthony a superstar that averages around 30 points a game! How could you not want that?

3 team-trade DEN-NJN-PHI
    DEN trade: Melo,Martin,Smith and Balkman
    DEN get: Iggy,Young,Favors,Murphy,Humphries and 1st rd draft pick

NJN trade: Harris,Favors,Murphy,Humphries and 1st rd draft pick
    NJN get: Melo,Brand and Balkman

PHI trade: Iggy,Young and Brand
    PHI get: Harris,Martin and Smith

Goodluck for the Nets!! Nets want Melo so badly
    Last edited by NBA-GMaster; 09-16-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA-GMaster View Post
    3 team-trade DEN-NJN-PHI
    DEN trade: Melo,Martin,Smith and Balkman
    DEN get: Iggy,Young,Favors,Murphy,Humphries and 1st rd draft pick

NJN trade: Harris,Favors,Murphy,Humphries and 1st rd draft pick
    NJN get: Melo,Brand and Balkman

PHI trade: Iggy,Young and Brand
    PHI get: Harris,Martin and Smith

WOW that is a good trade for all teas

new orleans i reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Forbo View Post
    WOW that is a good trade for all teas
    Den:
    Nene/Andersen
    Favors/Murphy
    Harrington/Young
    Iguodala/Afflalo
    Billups/Lawson

NJN:
    Lopez/Petro
    Brand/James
    Melo/Outlaw
    Williams/Morrow
    Farmar/ ???

PHI:
    Speights/Hawes
    Martin/Nocioni
    Turner/Smith
    Williams/Green
    Harris/Holiday

lol except for the fact that Jrue Holiday is the sixers starting point guard and there's no use for Harris.

Anywhere other than New York would be an career set back. The Knicks fan base would embrass him, and him and Stat together would be crazy. Almost all major markets are set to. So the NBA just needs this to happen to supernova and suck the world into its greatness. I've always wanted to feel that Buzz. As an Lakers fan it didnt feel right playing Boston when they sucked.The same goes for the knick. I waiting for it to happen.
    How Ring Are Won

Defense!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Law25 View Post
    Anywhere other than New York would be an career set back. The Knicks fan base would embrass him, and him and Stat together would be crazy. Almost all major markets are set to. So the NBA just needs this to happen to supernova and suck the world into its greatness. I've always wanted to feel that Buzz. As an Lakers fan it didnt feel right playing Boston when they sucked.The same goes for the knick. I waiting for it to happen.
    Going to NY would be a set back...the worst NBA team the last decade

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast