Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shaq turned down 8 million from Detroit and Atlanta

If you havenít read John Reidís excellent Q&A with Shaquille OíNeal from this Sundayís Times Picayune, you should do so now. In addition to saying that the next two seasons with the Celtics will be his last two years in the NBA, and that his real goal is to pass Wilt Chamberlain on the all-time scoring list, Shaq talked about all the factors he considered before signing with the Celtics Ė something that caused him to leave $5 million on the table.

Atlanta was cool, but they donít have a lot of national television games. But Boston, with Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, I said we can do it. A lot of people said I only got the league minimum salary, but thatís all right. Iím the luckiest guy in the world. Iíve had four max contracts in one lifetime, I donít care about that little million. Did I want $10 million? Iím always going to put the number high. I could have gotten $8 million from Atlanta and Detroit, but it wasnít about that. It was about being somewhere and being seen and winning.

Understandably, at this point in his career, Shaq chose to pursue another ring over the money. But for a guy who has four max contracts under his belt and says ďI donít care about that little million,Ē what would you expect?
    http://dimemag.com/2010/09/shaq-turn...a-and-detroit/

Pistons didn't have 8 mil in cap, so he was talking about a 2 year deal worth 8 mil I guess...

It was a smart move by Shaq, he doesn't need the money. Detroit only wants him to sell tickets, while Atlanta is trying to get them into that group of teams that can be a title contender, while Boston is already there.

isnt he getting a divorce and re marrying one of the flavour of love girls....He could need that cash in 10 years or so

I would have loved to see him land in Atlanta. Perfect fit for them IMO.

But it should be interesting watching Shaq, Perkins, JO, and Garnett sent out each night.

he said he didnt want to go to atl bacause they werent on tv alot ?

Shaq is a damn lie, if he could've went to ATL for 4milli and got the chance to start he would've damn well did it. They didn't offer.

well that's not surprising...he's chasing titles not $$$ so of course he'd choose Boston over those 2 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Shaq is a damn lie, if he could've went to ATL for 4milli and got the chance to start he would've damn well did it. They didn't offer.
    Thank you. You are correct. There is no player in the NBA as full of crap as Shaq.

He had to beg Celtics to give him a 2nd year at the Vets' Min.
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Shaq's knows where its at
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude901 View Post
    Shaq's knows where its at
    Well, he likes to say stuff so ignorant fans will think he knows where it's at.
    When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk

The Big Diesel did the right thing. Boston is where its at (despite his probable issues with playing time)

University of Arkansas At Pine Bluff and Detroit, Michigan
    If Shaq is really engaged to Hoopz

I give him props because shes fine a.. hell

2012 - Arkansas Pine Bluff Baseball Player - Outfielder

I would of loved shaq on the lakers but the rival celtics and lakers have just heated up

Quote Originally Posted by Ni55anpat View Post
    I would of loved shaq on the lakers but the rival celtics and lakers have just heated up

Not really. Boston already didn't have anything for the Lakers and I'd honestly rather have Rasheed back than Shaq. They'll be damn lucky to make it back to the finals.

Orlando is our only legit threat out East.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast