Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Did N.O make a mistake by trading Collison? 'If Melo goes to NY,Paul could follow"

If Melo does go to NY,I would say theres a huge chance CP3 lands there eventually as well.In which case getting Trevor Ariza "way overated IMO" and dealing strong backup PG Collison to make Paul happy would have been in vain,Ariza is not Melo and I doubt his presece will make CP3 stay in N.O. Should they have kept their Chris Paul backup plan? I say yes.If he is as good as ppl think hes gunna be in Ind,and Paul bolts for NY there front office will look really dumb http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/wake/gr...ony-medals.jpg

of course they are making a mistake, but it is what it is, the past is the past and it cannot be un-done

New Orleans made the mistake of trading Collision and only getting Ariza back. He was an obvious chip but they should have done better

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Melo & Paul could end up together in Brooklyn just as easily.

New Orleans has him under contract for two more seasons, so it is not a concern for them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Melo & Paul could end up together in Brooklyn just as easily.

New Orleans has him under contract for two more seasons, so it is not a concern for them right now.
    that is why I don't get why CP3 is even being talked about right now. He is of no consequence. He is under contract for 2 more seasons. He has zip leverage.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    New Orleans made the mistake of trading Collision and only getting Ariza back. He was an obvious chip but they should have done better
    Agreed,Ind need a PG bad! as do Bobcats and Det. They should have held out. Ariza is way overpaid n did well in a contract year.They already have David West who is a better version of Ariza

that is why I don't get why CP3 is even being talked about right now. He is of no consequence. He is under contract for 2 more seasons. He has zip leverage.
    Not if he tells management im gone in 2 seasons and we are probably not gunna win in those 2 seasons so trade me now and you will get MAX value.Alot of teams will trade some good pieces even if he only stays there 2 years could make a good team a great team. idk just some thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    Not if he tells management im gone in 2 seasons and we are probably not gunna win in those 2 seasons so trade me now and you will get MAX value.Alot of teams will trade some good pieces even if he only stays there 2 years could make a good team a great team. idk just some thoughts
    he can't do that. Paul's value will only be hurt if he sucks next season. Sorry, not gonna happen. I get the second half of your statment, but you attempt to keep the cash strapped Hornets afloat after trading away your franchise player in his prime, the best PG in 15 years, when the fans tell you to fk off and you have an empty arena

btw, if melo goes to NY, cp3 could still decide to sign with d12

Agreed,Ind need a PG bad! as do Bobcats and Det. They should have held out. Ariza is way overpaid n did well in a contract year.They already have David West who is a better version of Ariza
    well, Ariza is a SF, West a PF, so they will both start. Ariza basically showed he is a terrific role player, but when given a defined, important role, his efficiency spiked downward. Paul makes everyone look better than they are, so when Ariza's efficiency spikes back up a bit, people will clamor that it wasn't all that bad of a trade, blah, blah, blah, when in reality, it was not the best NO could have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdre619 View Post
    Orlando won't have the money. he would need to be traded in

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdre619 View Post
    Poor Raymond Felton all this Tony Parker CP3 talk probably pisses him off a bit lol

This is simply the new item the media has hopped on to sell their articles to the fans now that they can't really milk out "Lebron" and the whole "2010" soap series anymore.

"Melo" & "CP3" will probably be the "Lebron" & "Wade" of the next two years as far as intentionally created hype and/or bs stories/rumours goes. Melo for next season and Paul for the next two seasons.

A lot of (the same) fans will buy into this just as much as they did for the past two and a half years. The media is playing those people like a fiddle.

he can't do that. Paul's value will only be hurt if he sucks next season. Sorry, not gonna happen. I get the second half of your statment, but you attempt to keep the cash strapped Hornets afloat after trading away your franchise player in his prime, the best PG in 15 years, when the fans tell you to fk off and you have an empty arena
    I dont think Paul would play with less effort,just if NO management thought Ariza makes them a contender and will keep Paul I think they are wrong

I dont think Paul would play with less effort,just if NO management thought Ariza makes them a contender and will keep Paul I think they are wrong
    IF New Orleans stays healthy, they could easily be a playoff team.
    Paul
    Peja
    Ariza
    West
    Okafor

Thornton, Belenelli, Songalia, Diogu, Brackins

this is a pretty good team with minimal depth.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast